Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,194
· Newest Rebel: AvonsOtherBrother

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [24 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [25 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 171
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you reading?
Cygnus Bazza
rojkerr1 wrote:

I love ATTWN, and all the films

The Finney 'Orient Express' is on another list (!) of mine - Top Ten All-time Movies. I think I'm nearly word-perfect... AND THAT MUSIC!

REALLY liked the Brannagh version up to the point of the murder, then it all fell apart. A real 'game of two halves'. Looking forward to the next one, though.

The Ustinov 'Nile' was quite good, but I vastly preferred the Suchet version. Magnificent bit of telly, that. Conversely, the Suchet 'Orient Express'...well, it's just wrong, wrong, wrong.

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Oliver Reed version is best.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

One Spare Part
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

rojkerr1 wrote:

The Finney 'Orient Express' is on another list (!) of mine - Top Ten All-time Movies. I think I'm nearly word-perfect... AND THAT MUSIC!

REALLY liked the Brannagh version up to the point of the murder, then it all fell apart. A real 'game of two halves'. Looking forward to the next one, though.

The Ustinov 'Nile' was quite good, but I vastly preferred the Suchet version. Magnificent bit of telly, that. Conversely, the Suchet 'Orient Express'...well, it's just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Finney did HP brilliantly. I also liked Peter Ustinov's version for different reasons. Branagh is terrible, nothing to do with HP and the film was awful. I wasted money on that at cinema. Too much Daisy Ridley, not enough of anyone else especially Judi Dench - what a waste of talent. Really love both Niles but edge more towards Ustinov on that one. I would have to rewatch Suchet's MOTOP. I didn't like it much on 1st viewing.

rojkerr1
I like that one, sparepart, and Ten Little Indians, there is another before that, quite rare, I enjoyed Lansbury in Mirror Crac'ked, mainly for the interplay between Taylor and Novak, chin up dear both of them...

Cygnus Bazza
Just finished Charlotte Brontė's 'Villette'. Brilliant book.

rojkerr1
Graphic novel, original City on the edge of 4ever, beautiful art

Cygnus Bazza
Re-reading Paul Gallico's 'The Snow Goose'.

rojkerr1
great book

Hugbot
Re-reading Das Boot after many, many years. Makes you really appreciate our current times!

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Throwing out some very old computer magazines, I found an issue of DWB sandwiched in between them and an old VOX magazine.

The DWB, no.63, March 1989, includes an article about Paul Darrow's soon-to-be-published first novel, 'Avon: A Terrible Aspect'. The article is "Avon Calling", written by John H Elsen. It includes a great head shot of Paul, with photo credit: Jackie Ophir!

OMG! I have no recollection of that. Any chance you could scan it for me?

I haven't got as far as scanning it, but here's a picture I took at the time as a reminder.

i.imgur.com/2fZJkD4.jpg

One Spare Part
The Man in the Brown Suit Agatha Christie. I SHOULD be reading The Mirror and the Light but my brain is dead at the moment. Well, it's not very lively at the best of times. Also, starting the Pratchett read.

Cygnus Bazza
One Spare Part wrote:

The Man in the Brown Suit Agatha Christie.

I struggled with that one TBH. Brown's evidently not my colour.

One Spare Part
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

The Man in the Brown Suit Agatha Christie.

I struggled with that one TBH. Brown's evidently not my colour.

Well, the female narrator IS a bit annoying. I am not flying through it myself.

One Spare Part
Caved in. Haven't got the patience for man in the brown suit so sought an alternative easy read to get my reading going again. So now - and I am already half way through - I am reading Firestarter Stephen King.

rojkerr1
good book and film,- you mind if I put my feet out first...?

One Spare Part
I don't think I ever saw the film. I know Charlie is played by Drew Barrymore and that's about it.

rojkerr1
George C scott plays the indian guy

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

George C scott plays the indian guy

He was doing a few horror flicks about that time. Remember The Changeling? With Jean Marsh briefly playing his wife?

rojkerr1
love that film

One Spare Part
Just finished listening to the Lord of the Rings - the BBC Radio adaptation. Gets me everytime. Will re read The Return of the King soon and get emosh all over again. Part way through The Dead Zone, one of my fave Stephen King books and made into a fantastic film with Christopher Walken. Just about to start Guards Guards for the Pratchett joint read.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.70 seconds
26,012,956 unique visits since 8th January 2014