Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 2
Child Of Auron, JustBrad

· Total Rebels: 1,181
· Newest Rebel: MylordAvon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [23 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [24 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 166
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

 Print Thread
What are you reading?
Joe Dredd
rojroj wrote:
Do you remember playing The Hobbit?

Yes! My brother bought it and it came bundled with a copy of the novel. I loved the way the graphics were drawn on screen as vectors, then flood-filled with colour.
 
One Spare Part
17th January marked the 200th anniversary of Anne Bronte's birth, so I am re reading The Tenant of Wildfell Hall with my reading group. I'm hoping it sparks the same level of discussion we had when we re read Jane Eyre.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."
 
rojkerr1
neither Eyre not there. One of the Brontes was a governess at Oakwell hall where I used to work, before my time before you say it, Hazel...
 
Magic Toenail
George Mac Donald Fraser's The Flashman Chronicles,Jim Butchers.the Dresden Files Series,Ken Bruen's Jack Taylor Series
 
Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

17th January marked the 200th anniversary of Anne Bronte's birth, so I am re reading The Tenant of Wildfell Hall with my reading group. I'm hoping it sparks the same level of discussion we had when we re read Jane Eyre.

'Jane Eyre' is one of my lifelong fave books since I first read it at the age of 13. I revisit it every couple of years, together with 'Rebecca', as they have similar themes/memes including Former Wives, Big Houses and Fires.

Also, have you read 'The Eyre Affair' by Jasper Fforde? Or indeed, any of his bonkers-but-brilliant books? Such a joy to discover those.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Travisina
Magic Toenail wrote:

George Mac Donald Fraser's The Flashman Chronicles,Jim Butchers.the Dresden Files Series,Ken Bruen's Jack Taylor Series

I adore Flashman - great character, and a brilliant way to learn history!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
rojkerr1
Harry Sullivans War
 
Joe Dredd
One Spare Part wrote:

I am re reading The Tenant of Wildfell Hall with my reading group.


Shouldn't that be The Tarrant of Wildfell Hall?
 
One Spare Part
Joe Dredd wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

I am re reading The Tenant of Wildfell Hall with my reading group.


Shouldn't that be The Tarrant of Wildfell Hall?

Shame on you, Joe Dredd!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."
 
rojkerr1
good bbc adapt of Wildfell
 
Fiona
The fanfic by Harriet Bazley I finally tracked down: Fellow Exiles. Its good. And it is LONG..full-length book really. And with an editors hand I think Big Finish could maybe publish it but just my opinion. It would need outside criticism.
 
M1795537 OC Virn
Finally had time to start the book I bought with my Christmas book token: Ian M Banks, The Hydrogen Sonata. Brilliant so far. Love his Culture series - favourite: Feersum Endjinn.
You're not sulking, I hope?
 
One Spare Part
I absolutely love love love Iain M Banks. My fave at this moment in time is The Algebraist. But still, as I said before, I have yet to read his last 2 Culture books. Still sad, after all these years...Oops
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."
 
rojkerr1
wasp factory?
 
M1795537 OC Virn
rojkerr1 wrote:

wasp factory?


Iain Banks and Iain M Banks are the same guy with different hats. When he has an 'M' he writes SF. Proper mind-bending SF.

One Spare Part: I liked the Algebraist but still like Feersum best - because it's ALL written phonetically. Hard to do that well!
You're not sulking, I hope?
 
rojkerr1
Thanks, my fave writers are Douglas R mason and John Rankine, and R m Douglas, who also happen to be the same person!
 
BradPaula
History of the Welsh, Strange but True by Geoff Brookes.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
Hugbot
BradPaula wrote:

History of the Welsh

I take it there is a chapter on street signs?
 
Travisina
Hugbot wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

History of the Welsh

I take it there is a chapter on street signs?

GrinGrin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
One Spare Part
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

rojkerr1 wrote:

wasp factory?


Iain Banks and Iain M Banks are the same guy with different hats. When he has an 'M' he writes SF. Proper mind-bending SF.

One Spare Part: I liked the Algebraist but still like Feersum best - because it's ALL written phonetically. Hard to do that well!

It IS great fun to read Feersum 'cos how it is written, the voice really gets into your head. But the voice of the gas giant aliens resonate!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.86 seconds
25,011,907 unique visits since 8th January 2014