Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,121
· Newest Rebel: paul kerr

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [13 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 152
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you reading?
RichardMk2
Having read "Eve of Man", i thought it quite a enjoyable. It's the first part of a trilogy so I may seek out the sequel.

rojkerr1
Shoot to kill, Young Bond, very good

Hugbot
Earl Dumarest! I read a few of the stories decades ago (unfortunately as heavily abrigded German translations) but now I found the whole saga in form of e-books. While most of the stuff I devoured in my teenage days seems unreadable to me now, Dumarest is still much fun. Some years ago there were rumours of an Earl Dumarest TV series – now, that would have been awesome!

Funnily enough, I also stumbled on a very bad review of the first Dumarest novel. The reviewer complained that the author does not share the positive outlook of Roddenberry! Well, if that is the measure of all things .... I gues the reviewer won't like B7, too. Grin

Henry Eggleton
Reading an old favorite of mine Galactic Patrol by E E Doc Smith
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
I've stolen DD2's Percy Jackson books while she and her sibs are spending the week at my in-laws for he Canada day week-end.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Henry Eggleton
Grey Lensman by E E 'Doc' Smith

stormypetrel
Spent yesterday afternoon reading ‘Death Has Deep Roots’ by Michael Gilbert. Published in the British Library Crime Classics series. Some better than others, but this was one of the good ones. Good enough that I was up at 5:30 this morning to write the work report I was supposed to be doing when I was reading, but, you know, priorities...

One Spare Part
stormypetrel wrote:

Spent yesterday afternoon reading ‘Death Has Deep Roots’ by Michael Gilbert. Published in the British Library Crime Classics series. Some better than others, but this was one of the good ones. Good enough that I was up at 5:30 this morning to write the work report I was supposed to be doing when I was reading, but, you know, priorities...

I'm going to give that a try. I like the series but, as you say, it's a bit hit and miss. But good as they can be, it sounds to me like you were putting off the evil moment... been there, put off doing what I should be doing...we are bad...
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

stormypetrel
One Spare Part wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

I'm going to give that a try. I like the series but, as you say, it's a bit hit and miss. But good as they can be, it sounds to me like you were putting off the evil moment... been there, put off doing what I should be doing...we are bad...

Procrastinate, me? Don’t know what you mean!
I quite like John Bude’s books in that series too. But often I buy the short story collections on the grounds that then at least part of the book should be worth reading, even if it isn’t all.

rojkerr1
Heads you die, Bond

One Spare Part
Washington Black by Esi Edugyan for my reading group. Starting very well.
Finished...um... a book of 2 halves. 1st is brilliant. 2nd...baffling. No idea what the author had in mind but it didn't work for the last half. Sad, really. Could have been so good.
Edited by One Spare Part on 12 July 2019 21:31:33
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Henry Eggleton
Children of the Lens by E E 'Doc' Smith

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.43 seconds
20,977,268 unique visits since 8th January 2014