Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you reading?
Gauda Cheese
Finished the wonderful Ready Player One and now to this....

booksaremyfavouriteandbest.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/the-goldfinch-donna-tartt-1.jpg
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

rojkerr1
New Young james bond, Shoot to kill, very enjoyable

Child Of Auron
Behind The Bars - the Unofficial Prisoner Cell Block H Companion

There aren't many soaps I have enjoyed but Prisoner certainly was one.

I have just finished my first ever watch of the whole series on You Tube

JustBrad
The Plantagenets: The Kings That Made Britain.

Currently in an early chapter detailing Oxford Castle, a place I plan to visit in Late September or early October.

BradPaula
I just finished the trilogy of books named, "William Shakespeare's Star Wars", "The Empire Striketh Back", and "The Jedi Doth Return", by Ian Doescher. I loved them as I am not only a fan of Star Wars, but of Shakespeare as well and you'd be hard-pressed not to think these books were not written by the Bard himself. Lots of fun.

My next books will be the "Doctor Who Shakespeare Notebooks" and "The British nationality Test - How British are you?" by Cameron McPhail. Looks to be a fun couple of weeks for reading.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Still on the Shakespeare theme - I'm re-reading Hamlet, because I'm doing an online Open University course about the play. It's free, open to all worldwide - and it's only just started today. Does anybody feel like joining me? Details here:
https://www.futur...res-hamlet

I saw the Shakespeare Star Wars books in Forbidden Planet - I didn't buy them, but leafed through them, giggling. They are very clever and funny. Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

scorpiogirl
andy mcdermott - the secret of excalibur....
so far so good - a tota mdern day l indiana jones/lara croft type adventure involving mythical relics!! brilliaant!!

Gauda Cheese
Criminal Intent the B7 novel.

mrsbookmark
ANCILLARY JUSTICE
Ann Leckie

And I quite like it. It's odd, different, & I like it.

Travisina
Finished PD James 'Shroud for a Nightingale' and 'Mockingjay' (book 3 of the Hunger Games) within hours of each other.

Next book club choice - 'Cats Eye' by Margaret Atwood.
Still reading Hamlet...

Gauda Cheese
Travisina wrote:

Finished PD James 'Shroud for a Nightingale' and 'Mockingjay' (book 3 of the Hunger Games) within hours of each other.

Next book club choice - 'Cats Eye' by Margaret Atwood.
Still reading Hamlet...

Michelle made me read the Hunger Games books and I loved the first two especially the second one, but wow talk about dropping the ball in the last 50 or so pages! We both agreed the ending to the third book sucks.
Edited by Gauda Cheese on 29 January 2015 08:22:16

sweevo
Been rereading my own first novel - "Salvatore: Arcus Iudicium" - to get some ideas for my current B7-inspired work in progress one - "Rubeus Imperium". Other people's works I am reading include "Howl's Moving Castle" by Diana Wynne Jones and "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson.

Travisina
sweevo wrote:

Other people's works I am reading include "Howl's Moving Castle" by Diana Wynne Jones

I love Howl's Moving Castle. The anime film adaptation looked beautiful, but I prefer the original book. In fact, if you like that one, sweevo, I can recommend lots of others by Diana Wynne Jones. One of my favourite authors.

Travisina
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Michelle made me read the Hunger Games books and I loved the first two especially the second one, but wow talk about dropping the ball in the last 50 or so pages! We both agreed the ending to the third book sucks.

I was discussing it today with the friend who lent me the trilogy. I think ***SPOILERS AHEAD IN WHITE***

killing off Prim was unforgiveable, and done imo just to provide an excuse for Katniss to end up with Peeta instead of Gale. That said, it was very well written, and HER descent into injury/despair/depression realistically done. In war there are no happy endings for everybody. And it's still better than the Divergent series, which goes seriously WTF in the final book.

Panna
Travisina wrote:

The awesome epic Song of Ice & Fire (aka Game of Thrones) on continuous loop. This is may be my fourth re-read, but I've lost count.

I do read other books in between - most recently Doris Lessing's The Fifth Child - not recommended. It's a cross between Rosemary's Baby and We Need to Talk About Kevin, but not as good as either of those.

The Fifth Child sounds like it could be a guilty pleasure whilst reading on the commode.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Ela
mrsbookmark wrote:

ANCILLARY JUSTICE
Ann Leckie

I read that recently. Someone gave it to me as a present. Currently re-reading. I heard the next book in the trilogy, Ancillary Sword, is even better.

mrsbookmark
Ela wrote:

mrsbookmark wrote:

ANCILLARY JUSTICE
Ann Leckie

I read that recently. Someone gave it to me as a present. Currently re-reading. I heard the next book in the trilogy, Ancillary Sword, is even better.

I plan to order Ancillary Sword next payday.
I know its not for everyone, but I liked the fact that it was so different. I like my fiction reading to be shaken up once in a while. Also, it's got all those themes about power, authority, colonialism. Kinda like B7.Happy

Travisina
Panna wrote:

Travisina wrote:... Doris Lessing's The Fifth Child - not recommended. It's a cross between Rosemary's Baby and We Need to Talk About Kevin, but not as good as either of those.

The Fifth Child sounds like it could be a guilty pleasure whilst reading on the commode.

Until you quoted me, I'd completely forgotten reading The Fifth Child, which shows how much of an impression it didn't leave! The somewhat dated horror of Rosemary's Baby is much better - it's decades since I read it, but I do remember it. But if we're talking about guilty pleasures, one of my favourite authors is Jilly Cooper Smile

Hugbot
Daedalus Mission, by Brian Stableford.

I am a big fan of his Hooded Swan novels, and last year I stumbled on The Florians, his first Daedalus book, and after reading that, I ordered the rest. The second one dragged a little, but no. 3, Wildebloode's Empire, is again really great. Reading sci-fi novels is fun again thanks to these books! Stableford is not interested in technology and warfare, but in biology and sociology, and that makes for some very thought-provoking and unusual stories! Starting the fourth book now ...

BradPaula
The "Doctor Who Shakespeare Notebooks" are proving to be quite fun. Imagine the Second Doctor embedded in the midst of Macbeth. Or another of his incarnations in Hamlet or Cymbeline? I'm really enjoying this book and especially as one of the authors is James Goss and another Justin Richards, both of Big Finish fame.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,867,160 unique visits since 8th January 2014