Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,181
· Newest Rebel: MylordAvon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [23 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [24 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 166
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you reading?
stormypetrel
I picked up three PG Wodehouse school stories at York book fair yesterday, one of which I havenít read before- so Iím about to see if ĎThe Gold Batí is up to standard.

rojkerr1
I love PG

Gauda Cheese
I am 300 pages into Talisman and I find myself struggling. There are parts I like and parts that drag.

So I've put it down for a bit to read some pulpy crime with Max Allan Collins' first Quarry novel. Loving it so far.

rojroj
Arrival and Departure by Arthur Koestler. Not as famous as his Darkness at Noon, which was possibly one of the books that influenced Terry Nation (I think Una McCormack says so in her study), but still, a book about a revolutionary, so it does have some connections to B7.

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
Gauda Cheese
Beyond the Blue Event Horizon by Pohl

One Spare Part
Gauda Cheese wrote:

I am 300 pages into Talisman and I find myself struggling. There are parts I like and parts that drag. .

I have often wondered over the years, especially in relation to the sequel, whether the parts that drag were those written by Straub. King being a very fluent and readable writer.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Gauda Cheese
One Spare Part wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

I am 300 pages into Talisman and I find myself struggling. There are parts I like and parts that drag. .

I have often wondered over the years, especially in relation to the sequel, whether the parts that drag were those written by Straub. King being a very fluent and readable writer.

A good question. I haven't read any solo Straub, but I have some of his tomes in my to read pile. I might check one out after Beyond the Blue Event Horizon

rojkerr1
Simak

rojroj
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco.

One Spare Part
rojroj wrote:

Ooh. Totally brilliant. I keep meaning to re read it. To see if I can understand it better...

rojroj
One Spare Part wrote:

rojroj wrote:

Ooh. Totally brilliant. I keep meaning to re read it. To see if I can understand it better...

I've read the first 60 pages so far and they aren't too difficult to understand. Are there some complex philosophical passages later on?

One Spare Part
rojroj wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

rojroj wrote:

I've read the first 60 pages so far and they aren't too difficult to understand. Are there some complex philosophical passages later on?

The plot gets very convoluted. But maybe I was having a thick day when I read it 1st time. (No comment, rojkerr, pur-lease!)

rojroj
Well, I still remember the movie, so I hope it will help Grin

rojkerr1
who me Hazel...?

One Spare Part
Yes you, David. Don't act innocent, nobody will believe it!

sweevo
There's also an adventure game for the Amstrad CPC and ZX Spectrum loosely based on the novel, entitled "La Abadia Del Crimen" (The Abbey of the Crime). However, since it was only officially released in Spain, it's only playable in Spanish.

rojroj
sweevo wrote:

There's also an adventure game for the Amstrad CPC and ZX Spectrum loosely based on the novel, entitled "La Abadia Del Crimen" (The Abbey of the Crime). However, since it was only officially released in Spain, it's only playable in Spanish.

I remember playing a Sherlock Holmes game on ZX Spectrum -- long, long time ago :)

Joe Dredd
"Sherlock" by Melbourne House?

I played it on the Commodore 64. You start off sat in an armchair at 221B. I couldn't even work out how to get out of the chair, so I never got anywhere in that game!

rojkerr1
awww

rojroj
Joe Dredd wrote:

"Sherlock" by Melbourne House?

I played it on the Commodore 64. You start off sat in an armchair at 221B. I couldn't even work out how to get out of the chair, so I never got anywhere in that game!

SmileSmileSmile

I did manage to get out of the chair, and I realized that in order to get to the crime scene I had to take a cab and not go on foot... And this was where my powers of deduction ended.

Do you remember playing The Hobbit?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.77 seconds
25,103,276 unique visits since 8th January 2014