Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,093
· Newest Rebel: Steve Wraith

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [34 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
3% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [23 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [11 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [8 Votes]

Votes: 143
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you reading?
rojkerr1
i agree with everything you said sparepart, love Beneath too, and the rest of them, our local fleapit showed them all out of order! -down to the tv show and the cartoon! Funny thing about the latter, its closest to Pierre Boulles original vision...

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

i agree with everything you said sparepart, love Beneath too, and the rest of them, our local fleapit showed them all out of order! -down to the tv show and the cartoon! Funny thing about the latter, its closest to Pierre Boulles original vision...

My bro has got the tv series on dvd. Memories of how much I loved Burke and being jealous when a blind chimpanzee fell in love with him. Doesn't seem right in writing!! Chimp/human love...hang on wasn't that done in a Charlotte Rampling film?
Anyway I had forgotten about the cartoon series until you said...call myself a fan! I will have to look into that.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
think its in one of the boxsets, the ape head one! great theme music

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

You are a fount of knowledge, some of it useful...Wink

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Just started a book called The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. It has a very unusual storyline. Not come across an idea like this in a book. Therefore you have to continue reading.
... The book is by Stuart Turton if you haven't already found out. If you get around to it let me know what you think cos I don't know what I think!

Update:
Woo-hoo! Thanks to my lovely library, I have now taken temporary possession of this book. I'll let you know what I think Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

rojkerr1
thanks i think

RichardMk2
Our latest read in our work Bookclub has been "This is going to Hurt" by Adam Kay. A humorous account by an NHS Junior Doctor of his work. Could hardly put it down!

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

Watched the 1st 2 1/2 episodes on youtube. It would have been interesting if only it had catered for non idiots! They- -spoke- -with - -too- -long- -breaks- -between- -words: it made me feel stupid just listening to it - don''t you dare say anything about that last sentence rojkerr! I notice someone on youtube has knocked together a version of this animated series = the whole series in 4 mins. Says it all.

rojkerr1
nice theme though

Lurena
I'm not often posting in this thread, just because most books I read are not in English. But last week I was clearing my book case and I found an old stage play script: "Look back in Anger" by John Osborne. This play expresses how it was to live in England in the 1950s. A movement called "Angry Young Men". A certain Mr Paul Darrow once performed the role of the main character Jimmy Porter! (1968)
I will read it to see if Mr D based some character traits for Avon on that Jimmy.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
One Spare Part
Well Avon very often IS angry...

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

nice theme though

I've heard better! Smile

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Just started a book called The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. It has a very unusual storyline. Not come across an idea like this in a book. Therefore you have to continue reading.
... The book is by Stuart Turton if you haven't already found out. If you get around to it let me know what you think cos I don't know what I think!

I'm now about 1/2-way through and LOVING it!

Such a glorious mash-up of Agatha Christie, Quantum Leap, Groundhog Day and Edgar Allen Poe. Dark, funny, disturbing and utterly mysterious - it's not like anything I've read before Smile

My work bag is heavy and I don't usually cart novels back and forth to work, but I did today 'cos I was impatient to carry on reading it.

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Such a glorious mash-up of Agatha Christie, Quantum Leap, Groundhog Day and Edgar Allen Poe. Dark, funny, disturbing and utterly mysterious - it's not like anything I've read before Smile

My work bag is heavy and I don't usually cart novels back and forth to work, but I did today 'cos I was impatient to carry on reading it.

It's a book that can stand a 2nd read to pick up on all the clues you missed on the 1st read. I cannot think of any book like it. It will be interesting to see what he does for his 2nd book.

One Spare Part
Just finished Murder Must Advertise , started The Nine Tailors.

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Just finished Murder Must Advertise , started The Nine Tailors.

Nine Tailors was the first Dorothy Sayers I read, and the one that got me started on her books.

rojkerr1
I like Five Red Herrings, and the radio version of bus mans holiday

rojkerr1
Man with the golden gun..audio by Kenneth Branagh

BradPaula
Now reading "The Death and Life of the Great Lakes" by Dan Egan.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

It's a book that can stand a 2nd read to pick up on all the clues you missed on the 1st read. I cannot think of any book like it. It will be interesting to see what he does for his 2nd book.

Finished it yesterday, and have now started re-reading it - to pick up all the clues!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
20,060,376 unique visits since 8th January 2014