Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you reading?
One Spare Part
Just started the latest Inspector Gamache:Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny. A great Canadian creation!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
The Thing Itself, sequel to the original film, then Massacre of Mankind, sequel to WOTW.

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

The Thing Itself, sequel to the original film, then Massacre of Mankind, sequel to WOTW.

Massacre of Mankind is Baxter but The Thing Itself is by...? I have got the short story that The Thing was based on. If I've got the correct Thing that is...supercarrot?

rojkerr1
Yep. supercarrot! It's by Adam Roberts, the short story is Who goes there? Love that.
Like reading the Sentinel. you can hear the future echoes of 2001. My fave Clarke is "the Star" though! What a story! and the Nine Billion names of god, woweee!

One Spare Part
I love Old Arthur! The Sentinel is magical when you think what came from it. I love a golden age SF short story...oh hang on Richard Barrett has just got bit by a snake....

One Spare Part
Back again! That was a bit exciting. Anyway my biggest regret in life (one of them) is not to have made a note of all those short sf stories that made me stop in my tracks and go...spaced out! I remember one that tells a story of an earth overrun by aliens and mankind is on the verge of being eradicated when an alien goes into a church. I know it sounds trite but it really effected me at the time. Better stop blathering. AngryGrin

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
One Spare Part wrote:

Just started the latest Inspector Gamache:Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny. A great Canadian creation!

Oh...tell this Québecoise more.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Elizabeth of York, the First Tudor Queen by Alison Weir.

One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Oh I wish you would read them and tell me what you think. You start reading the 1st book and you think: mmm just a cozy mystery of a familiar type. Actually the series develops into so much more. Great whodunnit stories intertwined with a back story that becomes the front story. One or two of the books seem OTT but they are still a worthwhile read. And of course written by a Canadian I would hope that we get a fair representation of life over there. Be interested to hear what you think of the police corruption element.

One Spare Part

Elizabeth of York, the First Tudor Queen by Alison Weir.

That's so weird. That book came into my hands ( I work in a library so maybe not SO weird) only this week and I had a look thinking I must give it a try. I have read quite a few of her non fic stuff and that is really bringing history alive writing.

rojkerr1
sparepart- here you lie poor nameless git, you upped and died when you got bit...Banner B Banner, my mother didn't have much imagination...! Maybe I don't have to see him... my fave Richard story...!
Let me know what you think of Panther and Interrogation. The latter is one of the best tele dramas ever made! did you see my scarf in the Search?

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
One Spare Part wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Oh I wish you would read them and tell me what you think. You start reading the 1st book and you think: mmm just a cozy mystery of a familiar type. Actually the series develops into so much more. Great whodunnit stories intertwined with a back story that becomes the front story. One or two of the books seem OTT but they are still a worthwhile read. And of course written by a Canadian I would hope that we get a fair representation of life over there. Be interested to hear what you think of the police corruption element.

I wonder if my local library has them.

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

sparepart- here you lie poor nameless git, you upped and died when you got bit...Banner B Banner, my mother didn't have much imagination...! Maybe I don't have to see him... my fave Richard story...!
Let me know what you think of Panther and Interrogation. The latter is one of the best tele dramas ever made! did you see my scarf in the Search?

Yes I saw your scarf you big banana!! Grin when you said look out for the scarf I thought it was going to change colour or pattern or some other continuity error...you don't know how many times I skipped back to those darn scarf scenes!!! Yes still dim after all these months Grin I had a real pash for Richard Barrett...however I must say I got really wound up at the end of Happening: Craig was acting very suspiciously asking which wire to cut etc and nobody tackled him about it! Still a great episode though.

rojkerr1
I love the bit where they shoot at Richard and Craig dodges round the corner, -ere who are you calling big banana! not my fault you leap to conclusions Hazel!
Alexandra gave me the scarf, got it in a case somewhere, with photos,-a Champions prop costume wow! can just imagine you rewinding and puzzling, silly sausage! very funny
Edited by rojkerr1 on 11 January 2019 23:45:47

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:
I work in a library...

I so love libraries and librarians!

Today I went to our local one to pick up a book that I'd reserved, but it wasn't on the 'Reserved' shelf. It took 20 mins and the combined efforts of three librarians to track it down - first looking in all the obvious places, then the less obvious places, and eventually finding it in their skip, where it had been 'mis-filed' - presumably by one of their new staff members. The librarians were absolutely tenacious, taking it in turns to deal with other customers while devoting all their energy to seek and locate the missing book. Wonderful!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Ellen York
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:
I work in a library...

I so love libraries and librarians!

Today I went to our local one to pick up a book that I'd reserved, but it wasn't on the 'Reserved' shelf. It took 20 mins and the combined efforts of three librarians to track it down - first looking in all the obvious places, then the less obvious places, and eventually finding it in their skip, where it had been 'mis-filed' - presumably by one of their new staff members. The librarians were absolutely tenacious, taking it in turns to deal with other customers while devoting all their energy to seek and locate the missing book. Wonderful!

Yay for libraries! I am one of the best customers of my local library system. When I was a kid my mum discouraged buying books (weird I know, I think she didn't want stacks of them cluttering up the house) so we went to the library frequently. Even as an adult with my own space and money I still get most of my books at the library. And honestly I am such a bookworm that if I bought all of what I read there wouldn't be any space left in the house.

One Spare Part
Ellen - Understand what you're saying there: I have got a ton of bought books at home. They are the ones I re read. If not for the library I would not be able to get in the house!
Travisina - I am glad your library does the "determined search" too! It is definitely a library thing: we will not be beaten when it comes to tracking down a missing book!

rojkerr1
librarians are the salt of the earth

JustBrad
Is There Life Outside The Box (an Actor Despairs) by Peter Davison.

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

Is There Life Outside The Box (an Actor Despairs) by Peter Davison.

He was on TV here guesting on a detective series. He was really great. Not on tv enough these days. And more and more, I go back to His Dr. For me the lsst one with consistently good storylines. Hope he writes as well as he acts.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.82 seconds
23,245,385 unique visits since 8th January 2014