Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you reading?
rojkerr1
sparepart, recommend it, there are line drawings, good cover art, there's some great writing throughout, though the chapter on the Champions is by far the best...the writer has such poise, such lyricism, quite wonderful really...know him quite well too!

Travisina
Waiting for the book club book to arrive at the library, am whiling away the next couple of days with Agatha Christie's - Third Girl. Poirot story, very entertaining.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

sparepart, recommend it, there are line drawings, good cover art, there's some great writing throughout, though the chapter on the Champions is by far the best...the writer has such poise, such lyricism, quite wonderful really...know him quite well too!

Ordered it! plus a Cd of ITC music to accompany it...I better get a good pressie off him this year!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
sparepart -those ITC cds are great, I have most of them I think. The music for Randall and Hopkirk is superb. Shivers down the spine.
Hope your brother likes the book, have a sneaky read before you give it to him! Let me know if you enjoy my chapter...
My resume is no longer strictly accurate, I'm afraid. No longer happily engaged, or happily anything. Ah well.

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

sparepart -those ITC cds are great, I have most of them I think. The music for Randall and Hopkirk is superb. Shivers down the spine.
Hope your brother likes the book, have a sneaky read before you give it to him! Let me know if you enjoy my chapter...
My resume is no longer strictly accurate, I'm afraid. No longer happily engaged, or happily anything. Ah well.

Cor! I didn't know I was in the presence of greatness when conversing with you! I must remember to doff my cap whilst typing. Grin

Travisina
rojkerr1 wrote:

The music for Randall and Hopkirk is superb. Shivers down the spine.

I love that music! Takes me back to when I was 11 years old, when R&H was my fave TV series and Marty Hopkirk my first proper TV crush.
#nostalgia

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

rojkerr1 wrote:

The music for Randall and Hopkirk is superb. Shivers down the spine.

I love that music! Takes me back to when I was 11 years old, when R&H was my fave TV series and Marty Hopkirk my first proper TV crush.
We grew up with brilliant tv themes: R & H, The Saint, The Avengers, Star Trek, all Barry Gray to name but a few. They don't write good theme tunes anymore.
#nostalgia

rojkerr1
just tug your forelock, sparepart, cheeky sod! Why do you think I was so effusive in my praise of that particular chapter!? I am slightly biased...
Loved the Champions most of all, as you'll read in the book. That soundtrack cd is one of the best, I can visualise the scenes from the music, even the pianola from Happening is featured (Richard with amnesia in the Oz desert) you're so right about the themes, Department S, Jason King, Strange Report, Zoo gang, Man in a suitcase. Brill!

rojkerr1
and Captain Scarlet of course, both versions...

One Spare Part
Rojkerr - I am a bit of a dopey sod at the best of times. I re read your original comment and went - D'OH! I can only put it down to bad grammar...Read your piece and it really sums up the viewer's perspective for me. As a child and even as an adult, when you find a drama that you love, it stays with you forever. We, here, obsess to various degrees on B7 but we each have a nice sideline in other stuff. Love The Champions, especially Richard, but I must admit to loving UFO and Space:1999 more. I wish I could put my thoughts together as well as you did in this book. My brother is so going to be in debt to me. Grin

rojkerr1
Aww, thank you sparepart. Made my day! hope you have a lovely Xmas and New Year. And that Santa or your brother brings you something nice...
I do love 1999 and UFO too, especially the weirder ones, Timelash (Ed Bishop signed me a photo from that one, in black with the rifle, he was at a showing of Doppelganger in Bradford, really nice man, did a Captain Blue voice for my daughter!) and Mindbender, Long Sleep.

Travisina
rojkerr1 wrote:

Aww, thank you sparepart. Made my day! hope you have a lovely Xmas and New Year. And that Santa or your brother brings you something nice...
I do love 1999 and UFO too, especially the weirder ones, Timelash (Ed Bishop signed me a photo from that one, in black with the rifle, he was at a showing of Doppelganger in Bradford, really nice man, did a Captain Blue voice for my daughter!) and Mindbender, Long Sleep.

I love UFO - especially the more 'grown-up' eps: Confetti Check A-OK, A Question of Priorities, Kill Straker, Sub-Smash.
I met Ed Bishop a couple of times - such a nice chap. I've also met Dolores Mantez - and she featured in the first ep of Randall & Hopkirk!

One Spare Part
I love love love Ed Bishop. He was the face of my childhood. He was brilliant in UFO. Him George Sewell and Michael Billington made a fantastic triumverate. I was really sad when GS disappeared from the show - to do Special Branch I think. The music, the ideas, the strong characters -male and female, the atmosphere...wonderful.
Sub-smash is one of my fave episodes too.
Oh and not forgetting Vladek Sheybal. I was fascinated by him as a child. Always looked out for him on the ITC shows.

rojkerr1
he was good in Diamonds are Forever too! Hergershymer...! checking radiation shields...
- and I love the bit in Timelash when he looks self conscious with Colonel Lake, as the traitor says 'Straker the man the girls adore...!'

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

A Merry Xmas and Merrier New Year to you too!
Thanks again for yr (self) recommendation of the ITC book. As well as the music cd I have also got Department S on dvd for me bro'. I have never bought anyone such a themed pressie before. And it was all a bit of a bargain too, so joy for me too. Grin
Edited by One Spare Part on 15 December 2018 10:39:05

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

Waiting for the book club book to arrive at the library, am whiling away the next couple of days with Agatha Christie's - Third Girl. Poirot story, very entertaining.

There is something very comforting about reading Christie. I know she isn't considered high literature but still... she has got a certain gift for writing. Millions of readers can't be wrong, can they? What made her books so popular?

rojkerr1
love Department S. got the Oz boxset with 2 Peter Wyngarde commentaries, my faves are Man in the Elegant Room ( scared the pants off me as a kid...hhheeeelllppp meeee...) and Pied Piper of Hambledown, both of which have commentaries...

littlesue
rojkerr1 wrote:

love Department S. got the Oz boxset with 2 Peter Wyngarde commentaries, my faves are Man in the Elegant Room ( scared the pants off me as a kid...hhheeeelllppp meeee...) and Pied Piper of Hambledown, both of which have commentaries...

I have the box set as well because I absolutely adored this show back in the 60s. Loved the music, loved Stewart Sullivan...but watching the box set I was struck by the episode with a very young Anthony Hopkins, especially the confrontation towards the end with Mr Wyngarde. I would have loved to have been on the set when that bit was being filmed. Absolutely riveting.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Travisina wrote:

There is something very comforting about reading Christie. I know she isn't considered high literature but still... she has got a certain gift for writing. Millions of readers can't be wrong, can they? What made her books so popular?

Great plotting, sympathetic and amusing characters, readable writing (if you see what I mean). No, it's not high literature, just as Heinz cream of tomato soup isn't haut cuisine. But sometimes you just want something easy, enjoyable and satisfying. Comfort reading / eating.

rojkerr1
A Small War of Nerves, another great episode! Love Spencer Bodily too!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.90 seconds
23,242,422 unique visits since 8th January 2014