Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,042
· Newest Rebel: Sirius Fox

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [29 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [21 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 127
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
What are you reading?
Lorna
To Dream in the City of Sorrows - Kathryn M Drennan. The best of the Babylon 5 Novels

dragonq
Reading multiple books as usual, but think I should get a special prize for New Grub Street by George Gissing; not for the novel itself, but for the fact that I see from the inscription on the fly leaf that I bought it at a second hand book sale in 1991. It has thus sat unread in my shelves for 27 years until last week I decided I needed to read it.

Im considering setting off fireworks.

One Spare Part
Lorna wrote:

To Dream in the City of Sorrows - Kathryn M Drennan. The best of the Babylon 5 Novels

I didn't even know there were B5 novels! Where was I when they happened? Oh crikey...rojkerr has got me started on Space:1999 novels...you are all bad bad good brilliant people!! Angry
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
Reading 'The Definitive Pictorial Chronicle of World War II' at the moment.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
Sisters of Mercy, First and last and always

rojkerr1
Just William

Travisina
rojkerr1 wrote:

Just William

I love Just William Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

rojkerr1
got a first edition off a car boot sale, adds to the reading pleasure....
I'll squeam and I'll squeam until I'm thsick....!

Travisina
rojkerr1 wrote:

got a first edition off a car boot sale, adds to the reading pleasure....
I'll squeam and I'll squeam until I'm thsick....!

Violet Elizabeth is one of literature's greatest female characters! Some of the stories are laugh-out-loud funny - does your edition include 'William's Truthful Christmas' ?

One Spare Part
Started to re read Dorothy L Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey books. I have done Whose Body? Nearly finished Clouds of Witness. Yes I have to read them in order. Bit ocd about reading books in sequence. Although once a series is read I can dip back in and do my favourites again. With these books my go to story is Murder Must Advertise...it is as close to a perfect detective novel as you can get. I love golden age crime fiction.

ScorpioSurvivor81
The Tripods Trilogy by John Christopher. Halfway through the first book and enjoying it very much. I have such a soft spot for the TV version the BBC made back in the 1980s.
"What you do with your booty is up to you"

rojkerr1
I like Nine Tailors ,Wimsey -love the Tripods trilogy in four parts..such a shame the bbc didn't do the third book, bloody Michael Grade again! Got Tripods music cds, excellent

One Spare Part
Moved on to Sayers' Unnatural Death. I have a Space1999 novel to do but have got to do my reading group book 1st. We are doing The Dry / Jane Harper: this book has got very popular which is not always a sign of quality I have found. Soon find out.

Lorna
One Spare Part wrote:

Moved on to Sayers' Unnatural Death. I have a Space1999 novel to do but have got to do my reading group book 1st. We are doing The Dry / Jane Harper: this book has got very popular which is not always a sign of quality I have found. Soon find out.

I love Dorothy Sayers' books. They invoke a different time and a different hero!

Travisina
Another Dorothy Sayers fan, here!
'9 Tailors' is brilliant, as is 'Gaudy Night'.

When I was a teenager we had a collection of her short stories In the Teeth of the Evidence. Beautifully crafted, every one a gem - a masterclass in mystery storytelling.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
rojkerr1 wrote:

I like Nine Tailors ,Wimsey -love the Tripods trilogy in four parts..such a shame the bbc didn't do the third book, bloody Michael Grade again! Got Tripods music cds, excellent

Didn't one of the main actors die and that was one of the reasons they discontinued the series?

But it was awesome. Maybe TPTB could consider remaking it entirely for the younger generations.

Now...get orff my lawn!
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

rojkerr1
don't think so, as far as I know it was bloody Michael Grade who cancelled it, same reason as for Dr Who, falling ratings, both shows paid for themselves 10 times over in overseas sales...Spitting Image even ran a joke about it!

One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

don't think so, as far as I know it was bloody Michael Grade who cancelled it, same reason as for Dr Who, falling ratings, both shows paid for themselves 10 times over in overseas sales...Spitting Image even ran a joke about it!

That is how I remember it too. Aunty beeb cancels something good. It was all the fashion in the michael grade era. Damn shame. It was so good: theme music brilliant, effects really good for a kid drama, acting up to spec., storyline well realised for a tv adaptation. Don't start something you can't or won't finish tv prog makers!

BradPaula
Reading Brian Blessed's 'There's a Panther in my Kitchen' now.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

Reading Brian Blessed's 'There's a Panther in my Kitchen' now.

THAT IS GREAT! HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING IT. IS IT IN LARGE PRINT?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.66 seconds
14,684,590 unique visits since 8th January 2014