Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Superb Props and Kits popping up on ebay.
Spaceresearcher
Hello fellow fans,
I need your help. Please purchase mad and buy up all these great kits and props to save me stacks of my hard earned credits. Smile

On particular this one:
http://www.ebay.c...EBIDX%3AIT

A superb build that I fear I'll have to snap up as soon as pay day comes around. All I need to go with this is some more of the Roger Murray Leech blueprints and I can start turning my entire home into Liberator rooms. Oh to dream.

(Edited by JustBrad to make link clickable)
Edited by JustBrad on 05 October 2015 08:24:01

Spaceresearcher
There's a nice plethora of props you can build from resin kits available also up on ebay. Enjoy.

Spaceresearcher
Check this one out:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321874248524?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Space Commander Travis
Being new to B7 I was wondering how good these kits were.

Spaceresearcher
There good value for money Space Commander Travis, but be aware you have to put the work in to build them well to get the ultimate prop you desire.

You could build them without painting etc if you don't mind a replica that's resin coloured.

Essentially this is THE most cost effective way you can ever get your hands on these props and they seriously do a good job of the kits.

Personally I feel there well worth it. If you want genuine articles from masters like the great Martin Bower, don't expect to get them any where near this price.

So to conclude, if your on a tight budget, these kits are an Orac send. On the other side of the coin if your loaded with credits and want the absolute best, then without doubt pay approximately 10 times the price and get a genuine article from builders like Martin Bower. (Please note, the price is justified the actual creators of the props do amazing work). Essentially you get what you pay for. What I like to explain is that these kinds of kits are superb to produce something you will not mind waving around at conventions and fellow fan events. The actual originals built by the original creators are treasures and you will only ever display them in a secure environment at home. Essentially there unique and can never be replaced. That's the major difference.

Spaceresearcher
Also worth noting is that original built props will not be just resin copies. They will be built with the actual materials used by the creators at the time. So if authenticity is your goal, don't get anything other than genuine.

Sadly I know of only Martin Bower and perhaps Matt Irvine that might be able to do them for you and that's only when there not busy with the many projects they work on.

So in short, the genuine made articles are indeed rare treasures and not for the casual collector. (unless you have the credits to spend and want to of course).

Spaceresearcher
A final point I should make is to keep touching base with the Blakes7online Horizon website for when Supreme Commander puts out posts on genuine hand made real props from creators. It doesn't happen all the time so get in quick when you can if you desire a genuine article.

BradPaula
Spaceresearcher wrote:

A final point I should make is to keep touching base with the Blakes7online Horizon website for when Supreme Commander puts out posts on genuine hand made real props from creators. It doesn't happen all the time so get in quick when you can if you desire a genuine article.

@Spaceresearcher and anyone else interested: If you check our Horizon Home Page you will see that the Supreme Commander has announced a new run of Martin Bower teleport bracelets to be made. It is limited to 20 and you can click for more information about getting on the list.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.39 seconds
9,158,865 unique visits since 8th January 2014