Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha 2
President Solvite
Excellent news that everyone is having a good time.. Couldn't make this event for a variety of reasons.. But look forward to seeing reports, photos and news!

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Travisina
The Horizon Group Photo on the Liberator Flight Deck!

www.blakes7online.com/images/horizon_group_cygalph2016_500px.png

Photographer Robin Prichard, reproduced with permission
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Great weekend, and fabulous to meet everyone again, and meet a few people for the very first time.

Will post more in detail about the actual con itself in due course, which had both pros and cons, brilliant guest list and it was lovely to meet the guests, but it's such a shame when the guest panels are cut short - that should be the whole backbone of the con and not sacrificed. Longer and more guest panels next time please - autographs and photos should be secondary to those. But as I said the line-up was terrific.

A fabulous weekend, and thanks to Alex for organising the two evenings at the pub. I hope Paula and Brad have great weather for the rest of their stay.

PS And one word for Exterminator's latest design - brilliant!!!!
Edited by trevor travis on 10 April 2016 11:33:11

JustBrad
down and safe at the Ascot Hyde Park. Lovely seeing you all again.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Back home after a great week, firstly on vacation with Brad and Paula then the convention. Many thanks to everyone who met up with us at the Waterman's Arms over the two days for considerately being in the right place at the right time for things to run smoothly. Gordon, the landlord, thanked us for our business and said having us was a real pleasure, a great group of guests for the two evenings.

Edit: all of the sundry other CA2 threads started to organise the event are now closed, leaving this thread and sweevo's review thread open for comments.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

sweevo
Down and safe after a short and direct train journey from London Paddington to Swindon, Wiltshire. Having actually been in London sans parents, I now have a whole new level of appreciation for where I live. I must give Ian a very special thank you for organising this and for doing his utmost best to make everything run smoothly (and helping to pacify me during both of my nervous breakdowns, along with everyone who contributed to keeping me calm and sane). It's been a frantic weekend, and I'm glad to have been a part of it, although I'm not sure if it's something I would like to re-experience any time soon.

JustBrad
sweevo wrote:

Down and safe after a short and direct train journey from London Paddington to Swindon, Wiltshire. Having actually been in London sans parents, I now have a whole new level of appreciation for where I live. I must give Ian a very special thank you for organising this and for doing his utmost best to make everything run smoothly (and helping to pacify me during both of my nervous breakdowns, along with everyone who contributed to keeping me calm and sane). It's been a frantic weekend, and I'm glad to have been a part of it, although I'm not sure if it's something I would like to re-experience any time soon.

You had some issues, but you got through it. Small steps and perseverance.

markab2
I'm glad everybody had an amazing time at CA2! Thank you Travisina for uploading the group photo. Would love it if everybody had a number on their face and a key chart to whose's who. It'll be great to put a face to a name!! Just kidding...Hopefully if I get my bum into gear and if there is a 'next one' I'll get a flight over.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I am not a number, I'm a free man!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Angry Angel
What a lovely photo! You all look great, as does the flight deck. Grin

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Mr Olag
Down and safe in sunny Fleetwood. Would just to say thank you to all of you for making us feel so welcome over the two days.
Had a great time meeting everyone.
Time to get all the signed stuff in order and maybe keep away from the ale for a few days...

Till the next one.
Martin

MrsMrOlag
Yes, what he said!
And an added thank you to Alex for arranging the meals and to Andy for putting together the quiz. Had a great time.
Thank you all for being so friendly and encouraging me to come out of my shell.
And thank you for not making fun of my costume and being so positive and complimentary (if only everyone had been so kind as you lot). I might just have to try again for next year! No massive collars though..... Wink
It was a long and tiresome day but well worth it, especially to have met so many of you.
I really will try to post more and stop lurking all the time!
Cheers!! Grin
Danielle

PS. If anyone managed to get any photos of me could you send them to me? MrO and I kinda forgot to take some pics and I really don't feel like ironing it again just to take photos... Lol
Edited by MrsMrOlag on 10 April 2016 19:56:42

sweevo
I missed the group photo due to getting lost on the way to the centre (another trait I share with everyone's favourite Delta survivor) - I stepped in a large puddle while trying to open what I thought was the main entrance (it wasn't, it was a locked fire exit), then (after drying off my shoes and socks) I reached another exit... which was locked. After about 5 minutes, I FINALLY reached the damned event... but I had missed the shoot. I knew, or at least suspected, that this less-than-impressive start to my day would set the tone for my experience... at least parts of it. I didn't care about the shoots anymore, I just wanted to amass as many signatures as possible - and I did. In retrospect, I suppose I am pleased to have attended (better than staying at home, I will admit - and I got to travel via train BOTH ways for the first time in my life). I will admit that I had a bit of a hard time hearing, never mind understanding, what some of the guests were saying (must have been something to do with my position in the theatre - that, or I was phasing out again, fantasising about Adrenaline & Soma - and now I'm starting to sound like Vila), and I just kept to myself for most of the day, which is the best option when you're in a volatile and unpredictable mood (which is uncharacteristic of me - I've never deliberately lashed out or hurt anybody in my life). I think I bit off a bit more than I could chew (AS, social anxiety, etc.) but I'm glad I ingested and didn't regurgitate, if you know what I mean. I'd better stop before mine and Vila's personalities overlap and merge. Smile

JustBrad
Sweevo, we were all glad you came.

Spaceship Dispatcher
JustBrad wrote:

Sweevo, we were all glad you came.

Yes, and well done for putting your hand up and asking a very good question during the panel.

Travisina
MrsMrOlag wrote:
PS. If anyone managed to get any photos of me could you send them to me? MrO and I kinda forgot to take some pics and I really don't feel like ironing it again just to take photos... Lol

Anniew's got one that she sent to me to go with her report of the event. You could ask her, or I'm sure she won't mind me forwarding it.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

MrsMrOlag
Travisina wrote:

MrsMrOlag wrote:

Anniew's got one that she sent to me to go with her report of the event. You could ask her, or I'm sure she won't mind me forwarding it.

Thanks! I'll PM her, ta!

AnnaGrant
The Horizon photoshoot worked brilliantly. I now need to code the back with names of all my B7 friends.
It was a wonderful weekend spent in the best of company, from the pub meal and quiz on Friday(thanks for organising this , Alex), to drinks in the hotel bar after, then the convention the next day, when there were even more B7 friends to talk to....and of course the guests. Loved the stories of the BBC, booze cruises and grumpy technicians.
The cast all looked in fine form, Paul and Jacqueline were sparkling, with Jacks staying right to the end and got a standing ovation. Some very naughty stories too!
Sorry I didn't get Paul's autograph, but Ian is arranging to have photos signed and sent on. It isn't just the autograph though, but the chance to have a few words too. It was a great day, but I am sure Ian will be looking at how to improve some aspects for next year. I hope he has had a chance to recover-it looked very stressful being in charge, although his lovely family helped out too.
Hello to all my B7 friends and hope to see you again soon.

clanger68
Down and Safe.

Amazing weekend as always.

Great to meet old and make new friends, it was lovely to see and spend time with peeps before and after the event.

Thoroughly enjoyed the event itself, great spread of guests and I learned quite a lot.

Will make a longer post soon, there was so much going on my head is still spinning!

Also, after visiting The Museum of Childhood Memories today, it is full of Clangers at the moment as well!

Thanks to all for being so brilliant.

- Andy
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Sopron
Glad the museum trip went well for you and you got back in really good time!

I got sidetracked into yet another pub quiz, hence the delayed post (yes, more beer, I am a bad rock!) and I'm also still spinning from a weekend well spent.

OK, I’d best try to restrain myself from going full-on Paltrow here, but I have a lot of thank-you’s to make:

To Ian, his band of family, friends and conscripts who all worked so hard to get this event together (and are still working now, I know), whilst still giving every impression of goodwill to all at times when they must have been screaming inside.

To the guests, every one of them a gem in the (sevenfold ?) crown [ducks for cover] of Blakes7, for their courtesy and goodwill. This was my first chance to meet any of the onscreen talent and I think I finally hit nirvana when Jacks gave me a hug in the pub afterwards…

And, of course, to my Horizon friends old and new (at least, new in person) for making the weekend so special. Special mention to SD for immaculate organisation on the meals, Brad & AnnieW for the cuddly groupings in the family photo (you can sic the street sign on me next visit, Paula), Clanger for the excellently researched quiz and TT for his deft Villa impersonation, and MrsOlag for covering my awkward money moment in the pub.

I had a splendid weekend and am now off to organise my precioussss thingssss

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
9,822,301 unique visits since 8th January 2014