Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha 2
Hugbot
A few pictures are now online:

http://s65.photob...ibrary/CA2
Password: earlymaniac (well, it is about Cygnus Alpha, isn't it?)

I'm sorry but it was a bit too dark for my camera (no flash) so that some pictures turned out rather blurry. Unfortunately, the ones I took of the first panel were absolutely unusable, but I hope you like the rest anyway.

AnnaGrant
meegat39 wrote:

A very late check in from me too. First I'm very pleased to say that my very own "Avon" has fixed my phone and it's as good as new again.

Right, thank yous: A great big thank you to Ian and his family for organising the event. I can only imagine the stress involved. Now I would really like to thank Phil for the magnificent flight deck station- it really was and is spectacular and in a way he has given each and every Blake's 7 fan a gift by building it. I wanted to say this to him on the daybut was too shy. Thanks so very much to SD for doing a marvellous job organising the evening meals and to Clanger68 for the highly entertaining quiz. A couple of personal thank yous: Thanks to Anna Grant for the company all day, thanks to Sopron for buying me a drink - I definitely owe you one! And finally, thanks to Damien May, Charlotte and Gary for making me stay up late on Friday!

The convention was very enjoyable but exhausting. My personal opinion was that there were too many guests and perhaps too many tickets sold? I think panels should be held first while guests have their most (chatting) energy, then photos, then signings. I think an hour per panel is about right with maybe two/three panels in a day but less guests on each one. I hope this doesn't sound too negative because I am grateful to Ian for organising the event and did enjoy it, it's just that I was disappointed that Paul was not on the panel and I also missed out on getting his signature personally although Ian is kindly arranging for my items to be signed and sent to me.

And thank you to Meegat for her company too. I like to think that we brought a little season 3 and 4 glamour with our red and pink lipstick, though we lacked Servalan's killer high heels!
I had a fabulous day, and send huge thanks to Ian and his family for organising it. I hope you have recovered Ian, if you are reading this. You should be proud of what you achieved, but I also expect you are looking at how you could change things next time(?).
Like Meegat, I think you might have spoiled us with too many guests, which seems a strange thing to say, but running talks, signings and photos in a linear fashion meant there wasn't time to do everything. Like Meegat I also missed out on getting autographs from Mr D (more thanks to Ian for sending on my items for Paul to sign)and also was looking forward to hearing him on the panel. I think Paul will feel disappointed he didn't have the chance to do the panel too.
Its a nice problem to have when one of your main guests is that popular, but asking Paul to cut short his chats with fans isn't the answer-he needs more time to do the signings if everyone is to have the chance to meet him. I have no problem with waiting and queueing, but I didn't expect that people would miss out on Paul's signing if their ticket number was in the second half of those issued.
Finally some of you might say it was fortunate that Meegat and AnnaGrant didn't meet over Avon as there might have been a bit of a scene-'he's mine!'

MrsMrOlag
Hugbot wrote:

I'm sorry but it was a bit too dark for my camera (no flash) so that some pictures turned out rather blurry. Unfortunately, the ones I took of the first panel were absolutely unusable, but I hope you like the rest anyway.

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

meegat39
Huggy your pictures are fab and the captions are really funny! I laughed out loud at some of them!! You are such a gem Grin
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

AnnaGrant
Hugbot wrote:

Thanks for those fabulous photos.
Had a chuckle that you had captioned the Meegat/ AnnaGrant photo with 'he's mine', which I had written in my earlier post, without having seen your caption. Great minds....etc

Angry Angel
Great set of shots Hugbot Smile

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Anniew
Hugbot that is a lovely and extremely funny memento of a great day. Thanks mate!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

clanger68
Lovely photos and funny captions as always Hugbot.

A great memento of the day, was great to see you again.

Smile
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
stoke_rob
Hugbot wrote:

Great photos including a sneaky one of me queuing!!! As Blake told Kayn, "I'll cut off your hands..." LOL
Rob Cope

http://www.colinbakeronline.com
trevor travis
AnnaGrant wrote:
Finally some of you might say it was fortunate that Meegat and AnnaGrant didn't meet over Avon as there might have been a bit of a scene-'he's mine!'

One of you would have been shot, and the other abandoned on the Planet Of The Neanderthal Men Grin

Avon really knew how to treat a girl AngryWink

Travisina
Super pics, Hugbot! Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Mistletoe12
Great photos, Hugbot! The captions are laugh out loud funny; particularly the Paula/Brad queuing comment.

Really grateful you snapped away all day to capture these lovely memoriesGrin

Lurena
Hugbot wrote:

Lovely photos Hugbot and your captions are so funny! A superb memento.
Thank you for sharing!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
trevor travis
Great photos Hugbot!!

clareblues1
Great photos Hugbot! Including my sweet treat for the day! LOL
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

shadow
Fab pictures Hugbot
After todays sad news i consoled myself with looking at some of my pictures from the weekend
For someone who loves taking pictures i really don't have many from the convention itself, mine from the first panel were terrible as well and i didn't take all that many of the others

http://s161.photo...3.jpg.html
password is wendy16

I did have a lovely time and enjoyed chatting with everyone
It was fabulous to meet so many new guests and i would have happily have sat all days and listened to the guests reminisce and tell tales so was disappointed that some of them were cut short but it is tough to please everyone and get everything done in a day
A lot of people have already summed up a lot of my thoughts for the day regarding the queuing which was okay in the morning and beyond chaotic in the afternoon! and I know I was lucky I did get everything and to meet everyone I wanted to and spent time with lots of good friends

Hope you do another event Ian Smile

Special thanks to Alex for organising the evening meals on both nights it was good to be all together and have it all sorted out ready to go Smile and to Andy for the Quiz, even if our team without Sweevo would have been floundering, thanks Sweevo for your help, it was lovely to meet you and really well done for persevering through the weekend, im sure it will make it easier next time round
Thanks Paula and Brad for that scrummy fudge Smile
Gary, brilliant to see all your fab costumes again
Phil - the flight deck was AMAZING im just sadi didnt get to have a photo of it properly Smile
Am sure I have forgotten to mention loads of people Sad
Andy,Karyn and myself went off the V&A museum of childhood on the sunday which was really enjoyable, there are probably more pics of that than there are CA2 in the album so feel free to click on past ! I do get in a bit of a muddle with photobucket as don't use it all that often !

On a day like today which has made me cry for the loss of a great actor and kind man and a big part of my favourite ever show I shall take comfort in the many memories that events like this create and look forward to many more.

Photos like this i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/wduffield/gareth.jpg
Edited by shadow on 14 April 2016 12:44:18

Ellen York
Down and safe. I got home yesterday evening (US time) after a 3 hour delay at Heathrow. It was wonderful to see everyone. While I'm glad to have met the guests at the event, the major incentive for attending was the chance to see my forum friends .Smile

BradPaula
Wonderful photos, Wendy. Thanks for posting them! Funny enough, we had planned on visiting the V&A ourselves on Sunday but opted for the Natural History Museum instead. Will have to make a note to visit V&A next visit. We did walk the mile or so through Hyde Park to get back to our hotel- and that was an experience seeing not only Albert Hall but also the Albert Memorial. What a city!
Edited by BradPaula on 16 April 2016 05:35:50

BradPaula
Hugbot, your photo/captions are always eagerly anticipated and you didn't disappoint. What a happy few moments I got going through your photos of Saturday. I really needed a laugh and got it. Thanks! So good to see you again, too! The 'queuing couple' from America?... lol

dragonq
Thank you for sharing these photographs. Also, for putting on the captions so that I can put faces to all the names I see on the forum! (Paula, I did actually recognise you from the Moody Blues bag before I noted your name, I hope this impresses you.)

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.85 seconds
9,158,842 unique visits since 8th January 2014