Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,026
· Newest Rebel: The Preacher711

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [27 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [17 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [19 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
6% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [7 Votes]

Votes: 122
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Og-tober Fanfic Challenge
Lorna
I think Sue's Mum had a great time at RTGP3

trevor travis
Love the Og stories with Sue's mum and Roj Bear.

Travisina
With scant hours to go before the end of the month, more great stories roll in!

@Sue, thank you for adding another tale to the 'Og at RTGP3' collection!

@Hugbot - I love the continuing adventures of Roj Bear. And 'Cain' is superb - a neat philosophical dilemma, encapsulated by the characters of Blake and Avon. Clever title, too Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
How nice- two cute Og stories and a really thought provoking Animal one. If you knew that baby would grow up to be Hitler would you....??!! Interesting that Avon is the most tolerant despite his ruthless drive to survive.

Thank you Sue and Hugbot. A lovely way to end Halloween!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

purplecleric
Great entries again this month - what a way to celebrate Ogtober!

I've been away and rather busy so I've not been able to join in properly but here's a little something I managed to pull together:

Nature of the Beast

A new sensation interrupted Ogs study. The glint of dewdrop on a freshly unfurled bud had caught his attention. He had paused to reflect on the way the droplet magnified the intricate pattern of veins running through the delicate green leaf. Fascinated he had stilled, concentrating his focus through his horns and holding his breath. He had no words for the things he could sense although others had named them meiosis, osmosis and other things ending in -is. He was only aware of movement and patterns and the interconnectedness of things. The moment held him rapt and he grunted at the harsh intrusion of the new sensations.

The world spun and blurred as he adjusted his focus which settled on a vista no less beautiful than than the microscopic one that had entranced him. Leaves formed a colourful patchwork canopy overhead, pierced by golden rays of sunlight and stirred by a soft breeze. The leaves shook as birds swooped and small rodents scampered along branches. The air was filled with rustle and chatter and chirps.

Og turned to locate the source of the strange sensation, his feet sending up rich organic smells and small insects scuttling. The sensation was coming from the Hurting Place. Ogs skin twitched and his fur rippled. A beast lived there. A beast who slashed and burned its way through Ogs being creating disharmony, dependency and alien needs. His Clutch had endured the same. They now fought with each other, ate flesh and uttered crude noises while their souls screamed.

Ah, there was the source of that sensation. A new beast, a dark-skinned female one. Perhaps she could end the abominations. Og tried to wrap his thick tongue around words he was not made to utter, the nuances of his natural communication now lost to him. A harsh grunt emerged from his lips. The she-beast tensed and Og could smell the adrenaline seeping into her sweat. Frustrated, anxious to make her understand, he tried to use gestures to clarify his meaning but his heavy hairy arms were as inadequate as his lips and tongue. Fear rose like a foetid cloud from the female and light and heat erupted from the silver tool in her hand.

Og roared in pain and frustration. They were all the same. Animals, just animals.

Anniew
PC that's a great piece of writing. I love the way the modified Og has perceptions he has no name for and the importance of sensations to him, which have acquired an aesthetic appreciation since the grafts. It's beautiful.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Hugbot
Fantastic story, PC! The descriptions of Og's unknown perceptions is really great, and I like the grim punch line. Well worth wating for it!

Travisina
Wonderful, PC! Glad you managed to post it... 14 minutes before the end of the month!

I'm now locking this thread, and the stories will be appearing as a collection in the fan fic section of the site in due course.

See you on the November thread!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.35 seconds
14,000,017 unique visits since 8th January 2014