Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Og-tober Fanfic Challenge
trevor travis
THE STUPIDEST ANIMAL

Og watched for a moment. He tilted his head and raised his hand to scratch the fur just in front of his right horn.

‘Nngh?’ he said.

Justin glared at the screen, while taking a swig of Adrenalin & Soma. He spoke over the microphone. “Og, go into the bunker, Og. Go to your quarters. There is food there. Food, Og. Go and eat the food. It is waiting for you.”

Og went in the opposite direction.

“No, not that way”, sighed an exasperated Justin, “the other way! Stupid, dumb animal!”. He finished his drink.

Nightfall was coming. And Og still hadn’t come into his quarters to feed himself. This had never happened before.

Justin decided there was no other alternative. He loaded the tranquilliser gun. He put in plenty of anaesthetic; it would take that much to bring down Og. Justin wasn’t looking forward to trying to drag back Og’s unconscious body back to the bunker; he weighed double his own weight.

He made a final check on the location of Og on his bank of monitors and went outside.

Where was Og?

He had been here. Justin cursed himself for not having placed a tracer inside the stupid animal.

Warily keeping the gun pointing in front of him, Justin rounded a corner.

At that moment, he heard a sound to his right and turned. “Og?”, he called.

Og smiled. Justin had fallen for it. He’d thrown a rock towards the tree just as Justin come into sight, causing Justin to turn his back on him.

Og approached Justin from behind, as quietly as his huge bulk allowed. He stood on a twig, and Justin whirled around. But too late. The rock, a much larger one this time, impacted with Justin’s skull, knocking him out cold.

Justin awoke groggily. Where was he?

His surroundings gradually swam into view. Og’s quarters. He was in Og’s quarters. And the door was locked.

At that moment, he saw the face on the monitor. Og. A grinning Og. He’d never seen Og smiling before.

But what happened next shocked Justin even more. Og spoke.

“Me not stupid… me fooled you… me smarter than dumb Justin…me feed you in a weeks’ time!”

A furious Justin banged on the door. “Let me go, Og”, he screamed, “Let me go!”

But Og was not listening. He turned down the volume, so that he could see the ranting Justin but not hear him.

Og poured himself a drink and put his feet up on the desk. It was good stuff.

He’d have tonight to himself. And tomorrow, once it was light, he would invite his friends inside for a slap-up meal with all the trimmings from the supplies cupboard, while they watch the stupidest animal on Bucol-2 on the monitor.
Edited by trevor travis on 31 October 2015 16:20:46

Anniew
Oh TT that's great! Hooray. Revenge of Og! Thank you.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Oh TT that's great! Hooray. Revenge of Og! Thank you.

Your story made me go "Noooooooo!!!" and "Hold on a minute, I know what to do..." at the same time Grin Grin

This month is more challenging, let's hope we've kicked it off for everyone else now Wink

Anniew
TTGrinGrinPfft

meegat39
Brilliant story TT! Annie yours was good too, revealing Og's animal instinct Grin
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

littlesue
Good old Og!
Yay!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Ellen York
Glad to see the stories are starting to come in. And Justin gets what he has coming Pfft

Lurena
Haha TT, Og Strikes Back! I like it! Well done!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
trevor travis
OG-TREVOR-GANZA

Hey, it’s Og and he’s looking directly at me.

“So there’s this man, he has a time machine. Up and down history he goes, zip zip zip zip zip. Getting into scrapes. Another thing he has is a passion for the works of Ludwig van Beethoven. And one day he thinks, ‘What’s the point of having a time machine if you don’t get to meet your heroes.’ So, off he goes to 18-century Germany. But he can’t find Beethoven anywhere. No one’s heard of him. Not even his family have any idea who the time traveller is talking about. Beethoven literally doesn’t exist.

“This didn’t happen by the way. Me met Beethoven. Nice chap. Very intense. Tickled me behind the horns.

“No. This is called the bootstrap paradox. Google it. The time traveller panics. He can’t bear the thought of a world without the music of Beethoven. Luckily, he’d brought all of his Beethoven sheet music for Ludwig to sign. So he copies out all the concertos and the symphonies and he gets them published. He becomes Beethoven. And history continues with barely a feather ruffled. My question is this: who put those notes and phrases together? Who really composed Beethoven’s Fifth?”

Og got out his drum kit. “A-NI-MAL!!” he cried, and banged out the opening bars of Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony, followed by a thudding version of the Blake’s 7 theme.

Trevor Travis hid behind the curtain, ready to make his entrance, nervously fidgeting with the headdress.

He listened as Clanger introduced JustBrad, Travisina and Anniew. And then it was his turn. “And representing the final season, Derek, is… Og!”

Trevor stepped from behind the curtain, ready to play to the crowd.

However, as he made his way over to the empty chair on the stage, something extraordinary happened. Someone… something else appeared in the chair… out of thin air. A large, shaggy creature with horns.

“Oh wow, that’s a great costume, Trevor”, approved Anniew.

“Um, I’m back here”, pointed out Trevor.

“Then who is that?”

“Me Og”.

A lady, still striking and elegant despite her advancing years, made her way up to the stage. It was June Hudson, renowned and world-famous costume designer.

“Oh my”, she said. “Gary, I didn’t know you had this costume. It’s not one of mine, but it looks fantastic on whoever is wearing it.”

“Me Og.”

“It’s not my costume”, said B7Gary.

“Me Og.”

June continued her examination. “It’s extraordinary - it doesn’t look like make-up to me.”

“Me Og.”

June called over to a man sat behind a desk, where he was signing an autograph. “Nick, come and look at this.”

Nick Joseph - actor in Blake’s 7, Doctor Who, Star Wars and EastEnders - walked up to the stage. “It’s incredible”, he exclaimed.

“Me Og.”

Nick enthused: “What I was saying earlier about the make-up and the difficulties we had with it reacting to my skin. This isn’t the same at all. It’s just like a real face.”

Og decided he’d had enough. He stood up, and roared.

“ME OG”, he boomed.

And suddenly everyone realised, with a shock, that this wasn’t a costume. It was the real Og.

Og noticed Trevor standing behind him, and smiled. “Brother”, he called out, and put an arm around Trevor.

Og then noticed the small woollen creature stood in a pair of Avon’s boots.

“Son”, he blubbed, and cradled the crocheted baby Og in his arms.

Og then studied Nick Joseph in detail. “Me, after having a really close shave”, and he cuddled Nick.

Meanwhile, Trevor Travis was beside himself. “Oh my god!”, he exclaimed. “I’m dressed up with an Og headdress, there’s mini-Og, there’s the actor who played Og… and there’s… the real Og!”

Trevor keeled over and fainted.

“Who’s going to represent Derek now?”, asked Clanger.

“Me can”, piped up Og. “Did me ever tell you that me like Derek, as much as me like playing drums? A-NI-MAL!!”

An hour later, the fan panel ended.

At that moment, Trevor started to wake up. Fortunately he could listen to Sweevo’s recording of the panel later on.

Brad put an arm around Og. “You know what, Og? I came up with all those Shakespearian examples of why Albert and The Way Back are so good, but every time you countered my argument perfectly. I’m converted and now consider Derek to be my favourite season. All hail Og!”

“All hail Og!”, echoed everyone else in the room. “And all hail Chadbon as well”, added Paula, waving her Welsh street sign furiously.

All that remained was for Trevor to ask Spaceship Dispatcher to take a group photo of the four different Ogs together.

“Me can join you down the pub, but me then have to return home to my own time”, said Og. “Can you post this, Trevor?” he asked.

“What’s that Og?”

“It’s the letter me received from myself telling me to come to this convention. Me received it in the future, and brought it back to post.”

“That's pretty smart, Og.”

“You do not understand, Trevor. Where did the letter come from in the first place?”

“Well, it must have been... Wow.”

“Exactly”, said Og. “Who composed Beethoven's Fifth?” And he got out his drum kit and bashed out the Blake’s 7 theme once again.

THE END
Edited by trevor travis on 13 October 2015 18:18:22

Spaceship Dispatcher
Love it, very good TT Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
What a brilliant set of Og stories so far!

Anniew, yours was a good, serious look at Og & Justin. I liked TT's response to that, turning it on its head, but your Og-Trevor-Ganza had me crying with laughter. Brilliant!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
TT. Brilliant but for one small detail. Anniew does not gush!! Seriously extremely creative and funny. Loved it. ( But I still hate the bootstrap paradox!!).

littlesue
@TT
Thank goodness I wasn't drinking me tea when I read THAT!!!
Hilarious!!
I had so much fun explaining to a rather confused Mum just who, or what, was on the panel with a huge pair of horns on!!
But that story explains it!!!Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

TT. Brilliant but for one small detail. Anniew does not gush!! Seriously extremely creative and funny. Loved it. ( But I still hate the bootstrap paradox!!).

Anniew now approves rather than gushes Wink

Anniew
Oh Trevor. How nice of you! Xx

Lurena
Thanks to the photos Paula sent me and Sweevo's recording of the RTGP event, which made me feel a bit participating, I was able to enjoy that real-Og story of yours Trevor Travis! Very funny!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Hugbot
@ Anniew: A serious Og story - that's something new! Great characterisation of Justin - he really deserves a place in Shepherd Book's 'special hell'.
@ TT: The Stupidest Animal is the most satisfying AR story I ever read ... good to see Justin getting his comeuppance. And your Ogtrevorganza had me in stitches. Absolutely amazing how you mixed the real events that I witnessed not long ago with your hilarious ideas. Ten Ogs out of ten!

Anniew
Hugbot it was interesting writing Justin and discovering just how much I despised him! At RTGP3 TT said Avon was the monster in series 4 but his actions are nothing compared to creepy Justin. Only Dorian matches him! I can never find such callous cruelty in Avon ( but that may just be because he's prettier - I do hope not!)

BradPaula
Manimals

Og watched for a moment. He tilted his head and raised a hand to scratch the fur just in the front of his right horn. He peered through the window again and into the building. 'Why he not invited?' Og mused.

'There manimal like Og in there', he mumbled to no one in particular. 'Look at horns- very much like Og,' he admitted to himself. 'So- this Steventon', Og thought, neither here nor there with the idea. 'Animals not allowed!' he muttered dejectedly.

The Return to Gauda Prime 3 con went on as scheduled. No one saw Og's nose pressed up to the window as he watched the goings on with keen interest. Neither did they see the streaks of Og snot on the windows either, luckily.

As he continued to watch, he saw one manimal among the others which looked more similar to Og than all the others did: a tall manimal with clothing on but with horns just like Og, now walking past the window. 'How he get in?' he thought disgustedly. 'Og could behave! Had more brain implants,' Og thought distractedly. 'Og can socialize' he realized suddenly. He continued to watch the manimals with interest, as he scratched distractedly at an itch on his head.

Og retreated as one of the manimals walked past the window he had been using. He hid behind some rubbish bins until the window was again clear. He crept up to see what was happening now. 'Manimals seem happy', Og thought to himself again. 'Must have food', he added in his mind. He zeroed in on the manimal so similar to himself. He was now on a sort of stage and the other manimals were listening and applauding appreciatively. 'Why no one clap for Og?' he thought grumpily.

Before long, the get together started to break up and the doors were flung open to let the manimals out. Og was in a quandary as to what to do. He ran to the big metal things at the front of the building and found a little red one and opened the boot and crawled in- to hide. Little did he know he had in fact chosen the car which belonged to the manimal called TT- the one wearing the Og headdress at the panel. Og didn't know it but he chose correctly as out of the entire mass of people attending RTGP3, only TT would understand and be happy to take care of Og... as long as he liked living in the garden shed. The car soon started up and Og fell asleep on the ride 'home'.

Of course, TT wondered on the drive back just what was the matter with his car to make it sound like some animal was snoring in the boot. And that odor- where did that come from? Well, he'd find out soon.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Anniew
Oh Paula, that's a heart warming story. I do hope TT has a big garden - or is up for long walks! Pfft

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
9,140,653 unique visits since 8th January 2014