Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Og-tober Fanfic Challenge
trevor travis
Paula, lovely story. The back garden is a mess at the moment - and Og is busy eating it all to tidy it up.

One worry is the number of times that Og ended up attending Steventon - I'm concerned the whole place may turn into an unsolvable paradox and dissolve - what would make RTGP4 a bit awkward!!

littlesue
Phew, I had a lucky escape, my boot was open at as I trundled back and forth with all my boxes. I can just imagine my Mum's horror at suddenly finding a stowaway!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Hugbot
What a lovely story, Paula. Good to have such a delightful read on a drab day like today.

@LittleSue: What if the stowaway had not been Og but a certain leather-clad computer expert?

JustBrad
Vila sipped his coffee as he watched her move. She couldn’t see him, he was a thief and he was well concealed. He mused that she must be part thief as well. She moved with such grace. No one saw her, well, no one else. It took a thief’s eye to see the dark, graceful form darting away into the cover of the moonlit forest. Vila sighed. Dayna wouldn’t even give him the time of day, not even to torment him. He was beneath her notice. Vila took another sip. It was a shame, really. What was the old joke? He liked his women as he liked his coffee; large, strong, and black.

A bright red moon dappled the forest floor in its eerie glow. It didn’t matter to Dayna as she moved quickly, quietly, and unseen across the primitive surface of Bucol 2. Bucol 2, such a clinical name for the one place in all the galaxy she loved more than any other, though not for its rustic charm, but for who lived here.

She arrived. Her heart pounding in anticipation, it took all her willpower to wait, to pause, to focus, to be sure no one had seen her or followed her. They wouldn’t understand. He was older. He was different. They would call it unnatural, but what did any of them know? Had any of them ever truly loved? Not Servalan, not Tarrant, not even Vila, despite his occasional lament for his lost Kerrill.

Avon… Perhaps Avon had loved once, but he was a different man now. Avon’s love had betrayed him. Dayna knew that her love never would harm her. It was simple, pure, no matter what the others might say. Let them call her a foolish young girl, she didn’t care, as long as she could be with him.

She approached and entered. She found him resting. His eyes opened and locked on hers. He smiled. She couldn’t resist that smile. She did not so much embrace him as launch herself into his arms.

She buried her head in his chest and wept. “I’ve missed you so much I don’t know how I have gone on. They’ve tried to make me hate this place, tried to make me hate you, but I don’t hate you. I love you. I shall always love you, and only you. They can’t change that, not with their looks, not with their harsh words, and not with their drugs or machines. I love you, and I want only to be with you.”

"Nngh?" he said. “Og miss Dayna, too.”

You see, Dayna liked her men as she liked her Kiwi fruit: Sweet, yet tart, firm fleshed yet yielding to the touch, and covered in brown fur.

Anniew
Ooer Brad. A sweet story ( but in a creepy kinda way). I love the opening and, much as I love Og, think Vila might have more to offer in the long run and have better manners! Actually,on reflection, I'm not sure about that: he IS after all the Scorpio drunk so perhaps Dayna's wise.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

littlesue
Hugbot wrote:

What a lovely story, Paula. Good to have such a delightful read on a drab day like today.

@LittleSue: What if the stowaway had not been Og but a certain leather-clad computer expert?

Ah...then I would have been more than happy to pull over at one of the many pubs and had a meal....bearing in mind that I did have my dear old Mum with me Grin

Hugbot
Anniew wrote:

Ooer Brad. A sweet story ( but in a creepy kinda way).

Exactly my thought. Funny on the outside, but a bit creepy on the inside. (Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad thing - after all, this is Blake's 7!)
Somehow, though, I think Dayna would be better off with a Hugbot ... Oops

trevor travis
Hugbot wrote:
Exactly my thought. Funny on the outside, but a bit creepy on the inside. (Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad thing - after all, this is Blake's 7!)
Somehow, though, I think Dayna would be better off with a Hugbot ... Oops

Are you dreaming up the plot for that one already? Grin Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Very good Paula, and yes he did choose the right car! The grey one around the corner would have been a very bad choice indeed, as being dropped off at Peartree in the middle of the night would have left him with quite a long walk!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

JustBrad
Anniew wrote:

Ooer Brad. A sweet story ( but in a creepy kinda way)..

So... very much like the whole Justin / Dayna relationship?

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Ooer Brad. A sweet story ( but in a creepy kinda way)..

So... very much like the whole Justin / Dayna relationship?

No, Justin/Dayna is creepy in a creepy sort of way Grin

Anniew
Brad I think Dayna/Og is probably healthier than Dayna/Justin and Og is certainly much nicer than Justin. There is NOTHING sweet about Justin and Dayna but I do wonder whether Dayna will provoke Og and get attacked!

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Brad I think Dayna/Og is probably healthier than Dayna/Justin and Og is certainly much nicer than Justin. There is NOTHING sweet about Justin and Dayna but I do wonder whether Dayna will provoke Og and get attacked!

Og will be fine the moment he's taken away from Justin. Justin treated Og as an animal, and Og responded in kind. Og only attacks Dayna in the episode, because she mentions the J word.

Anniew
Ooh TT that's a relief!

BradPaula
I finally got around to reading this months stories and I was amazed at how wonderful they all were. AnnieW- very very good. TT, wonderful and the Og at RTGP3 tale, echoing my own story shows that great minds think alike- or something like that. Very good efforts this month, people.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Anniew
An idle moment... A bit of fluff

The seven as animals-
A task that intrigues-
And here is my take on the theme.
Think Cally, all hedgehog, spiky above
Yet soft as a kitten beneath.
Poor Gan, just a whale shark,
Bulk but no bite
With Travis the second a bison.
And Travis - the first
a savage Great White
How many agree with my reasons?

Blake roams Gauda Prime
Like a wounded black bear,
Bending its shape to his will,
Jenna's a red crowned
Crane in flight, loyal and
Faithful still.
Vila, a clown fish
Out of his haunt, drinking
To help him breathe.
Servalan deadly, a slim gharial,
Her charm hiding razor sharp teeth.

Tarrant, a Colt, his head in a dream,
Racing and prancing untamed
While Dayna stalks prey like a sleek Caracal,
Killing those in her way unashamed.
Soolin, treads snake-soft and gives no alarm,
Her strike deadly, but quite without anger,
But the King of them all, without any fear,
Is Avon the fierce honey badger.

So over to you - do my choices please
Or will you dispute them quite hotly?
If you do, please join in with your own ideas
And merrily add to the motley.

littlesue
Phew...
...sorry about the delay.
Lurena and I got a bit carried away and despite trying to keep it under 500 words, or there abouts...well, we over ran.

MENAGERIE

“I’ve heard that those hounds guarded a very extensive hoard.”
Tarrant regarded Vila with a look of disbelief, “And now the owner of that hoard has conveniently left it to its own devices?”
“So Orac says.” Vila took a sip from his drink, “It’s just there for the taking.”
“And why would Orac impart that knowledge to you?” Avon asked.
“Me? No idea. But I’ve heard that the diamonds in that hoard are as big geese eggs…whatever they are.”
“What...eggs?” Dayna queried.
“No…geese.”
“And Orac,” Cally began, “just happened upon a news report that this extensive hoard comprising diamonds…”
“…the size of geese eggs….”
“…was now unguarded and in desperate need of a new home.”
Vila nodded.
“Avon? What do you think?” Tarrant asked.
“Diamonds are quite rare…no matter what size, and it would appear that someone else has had the same idea. She’s en-route now.”
“Servalan?” Dayna suggested.
“None other, and if Madam President is interested, then I don’t see why we shouldn’t share that interest.”
“You’re going to this planet…” Cally said.
“Absolutely. She needs those jewels for some reason, what better reason for us than to deprive her of that satisfaction.”

“Where’s Avon?” Vila whispered, studying the lock.
“He doesn’t share your confidence that this hoard is unguarded,” Tarrant replied, “and quite frankly, neither do I.”
“And neither does Cally,” Dayna added, “She thought it prudent to stay on the Liberator.
“I was going to say that that means more for us…but I suppose fair is fair.” Vila sifted through his tools and a few seconds later the door was free.
“What’s that noise?” Vila asked.
“Noise? Where?” Tarrant murmured.
“In there?”
“In a safe? That’s hardly likely…is it?” Dayna said warily.
Vila slowly pulled the door open…and was suddenly faced by three very angry hounds from Hell.

Servalan suddenly felt the cold barrel of the gun against her temple. She smiled.
“Avon…”
He came round into her line of sight, “Amusing, isn’t it, putting the security system INSIDE the vault? Now call them off.”
“If you insist.”
“Oh, I do. I’m afraid there’s only so much of Vila’s screams of pure terror that I can endure. But at least you got what you wanted…”
“And what, Avon, was that?”
“An extensive and highly valuable hoard of rare stones supposedly stolen by Blake’s crew and you just happen to be in the vicinity to thwart them…”
“…and, of course, take those stones into protective custody.”
“Of course. But the fact that there were some very proactive security guards inside no doubt appealed to your sense of fun. They chase after the would-be thieves while your men help themselves, and you, to a very lucrative payday.”
“Did you know I was here, waiting?” Servalan purred.
“I thought that we would get here before you…but then, I forgot your sense of theatre.”
“And the final curtain is about to be raised, Avon. There were three animals in that vault…”
“…leaving animals in a vault, like that, is cruel… even by your standards.”
“…but not when they are androids, Avon, highly sophisticated and capable of so much more than mere flesh and blood creatures…and so very effective, don’t you think?”
The hairs on the back of his neck stood up. Avon didn’t need to turn round; he knew who…or should he have said, what, was behind him.

i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/menagerie%20October_zpsw9yyskyw.jpg

They made no sound.
The three black hounds, their amber eyes glinting in the semi darkness.
They were waiting; waiting for their quarry to run, just as the others in that vault had. But those three people had suddenly vanished leaving these creatures looking for a new target.
Avon very slowly turned to face the three guardians, all staring unblinkingly at him.
“They are programmed to attack any intruder,” Servalan informed him, “And one move is all it takes to prime them…after that? Well? I would think most carefully about what you intend to do next…”
“Well now," Avon whispered, hurriedly working out his chances, “Maybe I should bring you into the equation…”
“What?”
“… In fact, it may make it all worthwhile. Call them off, Servalan.”
“Or…”
“You go down with me.”
Servalan was horrified.
“You said, one move to prime them. So let us see exactly what happens next.”
“What…”
“Call them off, Servalan….”
“I…”
“…OFF.”
She suddenly found herself staring into Avon’s eyes, but she knew that the creatures would react with lightning speed.
Her fingers gripped the arms of her chair as she prepared for the onslaught…
Three blasts later, the shattered bodies of the ‘animals’ lay still at Avon’s feet.
Servalan was frozen.
He stood looking at the motionless remains. “I used to find it far easier to kill a programmed machine, than I did a living, breathing animal. You, however Madam President, could well be the exception that proves the rule.”
Avon slowly raised his gun and levelled it at her…but then he was gone; snatched away by the Liberator’s Teleport.
A few seconds later, Servalan’s guard commander nervously entered the room, unsure of what exactly had transpired within its walls.
“Well?” Servalan asked him, her calm façade once more in place.
In answer, the guard commander stepped forward, a large, glinting diamond in his hand. Servalan took it and allowed the available light to glance off its multitude of cut surfaces.
“A success, Madam. The intruders teleported out, just as you suspected they would, and we were able to access the vault. And the stones are exactly as described.”
She slowly turned the radiant stone in her hand, “Exceptional,” she murmured, “Exceptional….”
Edited by littlesue on 21 October 2015 06:24:29

Anniew
Little Sue you do such good plots and such great characterisation and dialogue. Brilliant!

meegat39
Brilliant writing Sue, and Lurena another great drawing. The characterisation is, as normal, spot on! Wonderful...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Lurena
Thank you Anniew and Meegat!
I'm afraid I still have an enormous list of plots waiting to feed Littlesue.
It seems life will be too short when it comes to write about a certain favourite subject.... But we love doing so.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,845,859 unique visits since 8th January 2014