Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Og-tober Fanfic Challenge
purplecleric
To misquote Anatole France: Until one has loved 'Animals' a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

The word prompt for this month is... ANIMAL.

Let's waken our souls!

And to continue the love of all things Og this month, complete this scene:

Og watched for a moment. He tilted his head and raised his hand to scratch the fur just in front of his right horn.

‘Nngh?’ he said.

Enjoy!

trevor travis
Happy Og-tober everyone Grin Grin

One day wasn't enough for Og, especially after Travisina missed it due to being on holiday, so now he gets a whole month instead Wink

Our previous Og celebrations are here:

http://www.blakes...rowstart=0
Edited by trevor travis on 01 October 2015 12:09:40

Lurena
Yes, Happy Og-tober to you!

A suggestion to celebrate Og ?
i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/neoantares/HF/LandOfOg.jpg

Og and its second edition Land of Og are short, humorous role-playing games where the PCs are cavemen in a world full of dinosaurs. When speaking in in-character, players are limited to a 17 word vocabulary (you, me, rock, water, fire, tree, hairy, bang, sleep, smelly, small, cave, food, thing, big, sun, go). The game uses 5 attributes (Strength, Brains, Speed, Hitting, Health) which range from 1 to 18, and a simple leveling system using 5 classes (Strong Caveman, Smart Caveman, Fast Caveman, Hitting Caveman, Healthy Caveman). "Things You Can Do" are skills, and characters also pick "Things You Can't Do", which are generally pretty obvious (Magic Missile, Pick Pockets, Teleport, etc).
Get a group of people in the right mindset together and it's a blast to try to get something done via grunting, hand waving, and a limited vocabulary!

Oggish, this old game, isn't it?
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
trevor travis
I've got vague ideas in places for both pieces this month, now to actually get on and write one of them....

Anniew
Avon woke on the edge of a scream. The high pitched shrieks of the Decimas were as present in his mind as if they were sharing his room. The weight of distaste and something close to despair pressed painfully on his head and shoulders and the remembered smell of hate, blood, and chemicals made his stomach roil. He was angry too. How could Blake campaign for the liberation of such creatures? The man was mad, risking their lives for such beasts.

Wearily he roused himself. He hardly felt he had slept at all. It was only in the shower as the sonic pulses kneaded his shoulders and back that his tense muscles began to relax. Gradually the nagging nightmare of unease dulled and his habitual analytic habit asserted itself again, banishing emotion; his mind once more objective, detached. Why, he queried as he pulled on his clothes, had the visceral brutality of the Decimas disturbed him so much? It wasn't logical. Considered dispassionately, he knew that they were in all ways, less culpable than the Lost; just a failed experiment, ruthlessly exploited, coerced into obedience, and made vicious by ill treatment. His hand ached as he remembered the effect of the pain rod on his nerves and his gut twisted reflexively as he reconstructed the callous indifference with which it had been wielded. That same indifference had characterised the Federation inquisitors and prison guards he had encountered over the years: indifference to the agony they were inflicting but with a spark of unholy, controlled delight at their power to inflict it flickering in their gaze. Intellectually, he acknowledged that the Decimas were no worse than the rational monsters like Saymon who knowingly inflicted damage on those they could use.

And yet his feelings rejected this logical assessment. How they had disgusted him. The Decimas, closer to animals than people, had seen no need to mask their enjoyment at the destruction they wrought. They had played with their creators' heads, he remembered with a long, discomforting shudder of pure horror, mindlessly smashing and crushing anything in their paths. How could such diseased brutes understand concepts like freedom, mercy, judgement? Love? While Blake had rejoiced that they had a chance to evolve into something more rational, he loathed them so intensely that he would have exterminated them all without a second thought.

And yet, he was uncomfortably aware that it wasn't just their mindless irrationality that was the cause of his hatred. Hatred for their excesses could not explain the extent of the revulsion he felt; the urge to obliterate them from his memory. He forced himself to examine himself more searchingly, to see the truth reflected in the darkness in his eyes however much he cried out to reject it. Each mindless, unforgettable shriek, had, he admitted reluctantly, found its echo in some deep place in his core of being; a place hidden underneath the civilised exterior, his word-created reality and where the urge to give up control festered and strained and complained.

He shuddered again, as he felt the animal need for revenge, his own disease, gnawing at his rational veneer, eroding his curbs and weakening its leash.

One day, he feared, it would leap out uncontrolled.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
Anniew, that's brilliant! Well done!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Hugbot
Wow ... deep, brilliant, insightful and disturbing.
And yet you managed to smuggle in a little something to fuel the imagination of our Avon ladies! Pfft

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:
And yet you managed to smuggle in a little something to fuel the imagination of our Avon ladies! Pfft

I'm not an Avon lady, but I spotted that too... Wink
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Thank you very much. I really struggled with this one so I'm glad it finally came together.

littlesue
Crumbs...that's a nice story to go off to sleep with!
Beautifully concise with some very nice thought provoking insights.....
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

meegat39
As Hugbot said, wow Annie!! Grin Brilliant story, I love the way Avon struggles with his thoughts and tries to bury his inner most feelings...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

purplecleric
A great introspective, Anniew. I like the way the Decima's cries were rousing the beast within - something the early season's Avon would find horrific.

Anniew
Ain't writing funny! I really wasn't sure this worked at all but I wanted to kick start the thread so I posted anyway. Now to seek some inspiration for Og . At the moment all I've got is nits ( all that scratching) but I've been there!

purplecleric
Too true, Anniew. I suspect our muses were derailed by RTGP3 and are trying to recover.

Anniew
Og watched for a moment. He tilted his head and raised his hand to scratch the fur just in front of his right horn.

‘Nngh?’ he said.

Justin held out the live gnarat, pink and squealing in his hands. Og was hungry, he knew. He'd deliberately kept him without food for the past 24 hours. The natural impulse would be to snatch, kill and devour the creature. Had the transplants worked?

There was a look on Og's face, wary, but almost humanly curious. He was too suspicious however to approach; the remembered pain too recent. He backed away, circling dangerously, trying to get behind Justin and the door to the bunker. But Justin was aware of the ploy and, tossing the gnarat onto the floor at Og's feet swiftly operated the door mechanism and hurried inside. He moved quickly to the bank of monitors switching them on and then settled down to observe.

At first Og did nothing. He seemed torn between an instinctive desire to chase the animal and an urge to follow the man. Then he moved purposefully to the door of the bunker and tugged experimentally at it. Justin smiled. It was a human-like response, for Og to choose to attack the person he associated with pain rather than satisfy his hunger. Nearly the proof he sought. The tugs on the door were increasing in ferocity so Justice stretched to a switch next to the monitor and depressed it. Og leapt back as the mild electric shock tore through his body. Roaring he retreated, shaking his hand. Mumbling and moaning he moved back to the tree line, crouched down, his back against one of the trees licking his sore hand and rocking slightly as he did so. He looked miserable and afraid but the glances he threw towards the bunker and the noises that rumbled in his throat carried a sense of brooding threat.

Suddenly, Og's attention was caught by a slight movement in the long grass. The gnarat was making its way to cover, hoping to hide and escape danger. Og watched its movement intently and then, with a lightening strike he grabbed the little creature. The gnarat squealed frantically, a high pitched call of distress, and wriggled in the huge hairy hand. Og opened his jaws but then shut them again looking in a puzzled way at the squirming little thing.

Justin leaned forward eagerly, sensing that this might be the moment, the final confirmation that the transplants were working but as quickly as the hope rose, it was quashed. Og's jaws closed around the creature.

Justin turned away from the screen and the savage scene that was being enacted. Dispiritedly he poured himself a large glass of adrenaline and soma.

No break through then. Og was still just an animal.
Edited by Anniew on 11 October 2015 20:06:34

littlesue
You do realise that this brilliant piece of writing will reduced TT to tears?Pfft
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Lurena
Dear Anniew, those are great stories!
Such a nice description of the nature of both Og and Justin and their struggle and (re)search along the border human /animal.
And than there is your brilliant Avon's struggle; as others already said, thought provoking insights.
Oh, and it fuelled my imagination for sure! Hugbot can count on that.
Thank you!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Anniew
Ah thanks guys. It's been a challenging month and B7 Horizon RGTP and writing have been all that have kept me sane!

Anniew
PS I'm relying on TT ( when he's finished his cry) to post something to make me laugh!

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

PS I'm relying on TT ( when he's finished his cry) to post something to make me laugh!

Anniew, I read your story and it's finally got my muse going. I now know what I'm going to do as my Og story Wink

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
9,881,275 unique visits since 8th January 2014