Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 1
Travisina

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Federation will never fall?
Anniew
Hugbot - LOL.

There is a very bleak story ( is it yours Peladon?) in which Blake gets deposed as President because he executed Avon for shooting him - and another in which the masses reject his reforms and appoint a people pleaser in his place!!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

peladon
Anniew wrote:

Hugbot - LOL.

There is a very bleak story ( is it yours Peladon?) in which Blake gets deposed as President because he executed Avon for shooting him - and another in which the masses reject his reforms and appoint a people pleaser in his place!!!

The first one could be my Crime and Punishment.

Joe Dredd
peladon wrote:
Is pretty good analysis though I'd add several points to it

Betty has about twice as many points as I've noted down. I wasn't sure about reproducing her work here in full so I just picked a handful.

The Ana Dorfstad story "Pattern of Infinity" (in the Opus edition of "Enarrare") does something similar, looking at familiar events from a different perspective. It starts before the last episode, with Blake's team analysing events in the series and deciding they need to find out if Avon is working for the Federation. From their point of view, the failures of the Scorpio crew seem evidence of collusion: the Liberator no longer in their hands, Zukan, the strongest anti-Federation warlord is dead after meeting them, a huge fortune has suddenly appeared in Servalan's hidden bank account, etc.

Joe Dredd
trevor travis wrote:

I think I'd be about as effective as Arnold J Rimmer BSc SSc, if I ever got a job with the Samaritans :D

As long as you've got the swimming certificates.

peladon
Joe Dredd wrote:

peladon wrote:
Is pretty good analysis though I'd add several points to it

Betty has about twice as many points as I've noted down. I wasn't sure about reproducing her work here in full so I just picked a handful.

Yes someone pointed it out to me after I started posting I&R and I think I have it saved somewhere. It was pretty thorough.

Tarrant On TV
I reckon the Federation could be toppled... but not by Blake and his rabble.
There's too many interpersonal issues amongst them.

Avalon started resistance movements on over thirty planets, so she's obviously a better candidate.

trevor travis
Hugbot wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Blake became the new President.

Oh dear ... as if the end wasn't bleak enough you have to give us an even bleaker alternative! Pfft

I reckon the Big Finish audio "Spoils" is pretty accurate in portraying what would happen if Blake ever became boss of the universe Shock Oops

JustBrad
My guess is that The Federation will go the way of the Soviet Union, breaking up into smaller states, some of which embrace freedom and some of which embrace order at any cost.

Nice set up for a spinoff series.

Tarrant On TV
JustBrad wrote:

My guess is that The Federation will go the way of the Soviet Union, breaking up into smaller states, some of which embrace freedom and some of which embrace order at any cost.

That's actually what I think should have happened in season 4.

trevor travis
Tarrant On TV wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

No, you can't improve on perfection.

JustBrad
Tarrant On TV wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

I think it started that way, even in season 3, but was never quite followed up on.

Joe Dredd
JustBrad wrote:

With Servalan as Vladimir Putin. "I will not be president of a ruined empire."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.37 seconds
9,923,842 unique visits since 8th January 2014