Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 2
meegat39, trevor travis

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Full names?
JannaKalderash
Yeah, Renatta suits Servalan very well. I have the zine where she is named that, as well as Soolin being referred to as McAfee.

What would the name 'Del' be short for? My friends and I joke that it's short for 'Delphinium' and that his mother really wanted a girl.

As for Avon, the name 'Kerr' is one that he was given by foster parents, which is closely related to his real name of 'Kieran' (which I think is better, but only his birth parents call him that.)

As for Travis, that is kind of a sticky subject. You could go into the realms of the absolutely ridiculous and name him 'Rupert', but then you'd be denigrating Rupert Bear. Not to mention ticking off Rupert Giles (he's WAY scarier than Travis, BTW!)

Or, you could call him something like Travis McDonald. It just has a certain flow to it.

Anniew
What's Del short for? Delinquent. Delicious. Delightful. Despicable. Take your pick!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JannaKalderash
Point taken except for 'despicable'.

How about 'deleterious'?

BradPaula
Anniew wrote:

What's Del short for? Delinquent. Delicious. Delightful. Despicable. Take your pick!

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself! Grin
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
Anniew wrote:

Delusional

JannaKalderash
How about 'Delirious'? That works.

Travisina
Delicatessen?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

purplecleric
Deliveryman?

sweevo
Delmar, meaning "Of the sea", which would be appropriate given both Dels are pirates/mercenaries.

JannaKalderash
Do you know of any woman cruel enough to give her son a name like 'Delmar'????

I can see YEARS of therapy bills for such a kid.

Ellen York
I like Delmar. It would be odd in todays society, but it seems an appropriate B7 universe name.

Slightly off topic, but if I had been a boy my mother was planning to name me Napoleon. That would have been legally changed the minute I turned 18. Honestly what was she thinking?! Fortunately she thought better of it by the time my brother came along.

JannaKalderash
Yeah Ellen. Knowing how cruel kids can be, you'd have spent your formative years being called something terrible like 'Nappy', instead of something cool like 'Leon'.

The only people named 'Napoleon' that pulled it off with a modicum of cool were Napoleon Bonaparte and Napoleon Solo. And in most fanfic, Napoleon was called 'Lee' by his family.

Anniew
Who would be cruel enough to call her son Delmar? Sister of the woman who called her son Kerrulagen. That's who!

My mum went to school with Horatio Nelson Newton Edwards. He was known as Newt.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JannaKalderash
Could have been worst. He could have been named 'Kermit', and spent the rest of his life being compared to a little green from that dated a pig.

President Solvite
Hmm I would have thought Kermit was a type of protocol (language computers use to talk to each other..)

But then I don't get out much!

Anyway the big news Kermit and Miss Piggy have split! Pfft

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
JannaKalderash
I read about that.

He right away turned around and is now dating another pig! Although, from what I hear, she is of a nicer disposition than Piggy herself.

President Solvite
Hey don't knock Miss Piggy...

She's up there with my other young crushes.. Think she would do well in a reimagined Blake's 7 Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
JannaKalderash
She'd frighten Travis, that's how bad she is!!! I NEVER liked Piggy and her pushy ways. Poor Kermit was bullied into dating her, and at times, I don't think he understood what was going through her mind.

Back on topic!

I never liked the name 'Kerguelen' for Avon; who in the HECK gives their kid a name like that? It's hard to spell, pronounce, and half the time, people will shorten it anyway.

That's why I prefer the name 'Kieran' for Avon's actual birth name. It has the same root as 'Kerr', which means 'dark and mysterious', according to a Celtic book of baby names I picked up. Which is much better than 'desolation'.

I mean really, she was how old when she conceived him? Fifteen or sixteen years of age? And most likely by rape? And she was THAT obsessed over the absent baby daddy that she raised her only child to go looking for revenge for a man that didn't know he existed?

Joe Dredd
President Solvite wrote:

Hey don't knock Miss Piggy...

She's up there with my other young crushes.. Think she would do well in a reimagined Blake's 7 :D

Miss Piggy would be Servalan - "Travis, you fool - HAI YAH!" (karate chops space commander.)

I'm not sure if Travis 1 would be played by Sam the American Eagle or Link Heartthrob.

Statler & Waldorf(*) would be Rontane and Bercol:
"Boo! Boo! Your last strategy was rubbish!"
"And so is the food at Space Command!"

Sweetums would be Og.

Bert & Ernie would be Avon & Vila. "Avon, have you seen my rubber ducky?" Cue pained expression from Bert/Avon.

Count von Count would be the script editor.
Writer (proffering script): "I need hundreds of troopers for this next episode."
Count von Boucher (scribbling out script): "Three! Three troopers! A-ha-ha-ha!"

Mr Snufalufagus could provide the voice for Slave. Big Bird could be Tarrant.

* I stayed at the Waldorf last week. It wasn't actually a hotel, it was a bit of waste ground but it had been 'walled off'.**
** Every one a Maserati!

atomicmayo
I think of the name Delmar I just remember the character from O Brother Where Art Thou - he thought his buddy got turned into a frog by a wizard - so yeah that's canon now to me. Grin

I kind of assumed that because the names are supposed to hint at how the language has changed (like how Roj is supposed to sound like Roger) that Del was supposed to be like "Daniel" or "Dale".

(I'm not gonna do speculative linguistics for Blake's 7 I'm just not don't oh god my linguistics books are right over there send help...)

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.90 seconds
9,898,302 unique visits since 8th January 2014