Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: Wooks63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
More fanzines wanted
JannaKalderash
Found it and joined, thanks!

winnie-l
Supreme Commander wrote:I probably have the Judith Seaman series (excellent!) and sets of our Horizon B7 letterzines available. Will see what I can find...
It will be +interesting to hear what you have for sale, Supreme Commander, of JSeaman's Program+Ghost. In 2010 I wrote to JSeaman herself to buy some of Program+Ghost that I didn't already have, & she sent me a complete list of her B7 fic, which was very helpful. Included on that list was "Mess Night", a short single-story zine that takes place after Ghost#5 (in that same "universe", so to speak).
There seemed to be ZERO info about "Mess Night" anywhere online! Luckily she was kind enough to sell me a copy of that too - dear me, it's a good little story! Like, proper good SciFi (& a great Avon part of course).

Do you have that one too? If not - it's definitely worth seeking, probably from JSeaman herself since it just doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. Couldn't find any reviews of it or even MENTION of it anywhere; it's very UNdeservedly obscure for such a fine piece of B7 fic!

guiser
JannaKalderash wrote:

Found it and joined, thanks!

I really should have given you a link in the first place, because I did find it hard to find myself! I haven't actually had much time to look at the list, so I'm not sure of the culture in there, but I hope it is useful.
Edited by guiser on 14 September 2015 14:05:28

guiser
winnie-l wrote:

[quote]Supreme Commander wrote:In 2010 I wrote to J Seaman herself to buy some of Program+Ghost that I didn't already have, & she sent me a complete list of her B7 fic, which was very helpful. Included on that list was "Mess Night", a short single-story zine that takes place after Ghost#5 (in that same "universe", so to speak)...- it's definitely worth seeking, probably from JSeaman herself since it just doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. Couldn't find any reviews of it or even MENTION of it anywhere; it's very UNdeservedly obscure for such a fine piece of B7 fic!

I'm pretty sure that I saw a copy of "Mess Night" for sale on ebay a few years back but didn't buy it!

Do you know if J Seaman is still selling her zines? It is useful to know even if as a Blake sympathiser, I'd have to be a bit careful about which zines! Also, I'm sure there are other people who might be interested.

Indeed it would be quite useful for Horizon forum to compile a list of all the places you can still buy B7 zines.

winnie-l
A shout-out too for JSeaman's S4 AU which she started writing after seeing the end of B7 S3 (39.Terminal)...

Servalan (not blown up with Liberator!) has captured them all & set them to work with her top techies to recreate another Liberator for her. They steal it (still only half-finished!) & escape with the Federation hot on their trail... The tech stuff (if you like that kind of thing - I do) is surprisingly very well done! (Also very good B7 characterization of course - JSeaman is an excellent B7 fanfic writer)

The stories in order (mostly sure) are:
#1 Report on Project Damocles
#2 Sequel
#3 Imposter
(These 1st 3 stories were published in The Way Back #1, 1983 - there were no other issues)
#4 Scorpion (I rated this 10/10)
#5 Hero
#6 Phenomenon (I rated this 20/10! it was really excellent proper SF!)
These are listed at Hermit:
http://www.hermit...m.html#TWB

#7 Oblivion (published in Horizon fiction zine#4, where nobody knew it was part of her S4 AU, so it confused the reviewer quite badly!)
(At Hermit B7 fanzine listings, it's described as "S3", which is incorrect)
http://www.hermit...izon4.html

#8 Seeds of Legend (published originally in Horizon fiction zine#8, where again it's mistakenly described as "S3". Republished in Horizon fiction zine#1+8.)

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend the series, especially Phenomenon!

Travisina
guiser wrote:
Indeed it would be quite useful for Horizon forum to compile a list of all the places you can still buy B7 zines.

Good idea, Guiser - I have started a new thread for that purpose in the Fan Fiction section of the forum - B7 Fanzines available to buy
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JannaKalderash
Great idea!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.30 seconds
9,446,679 unique visits since 8th January 2014