Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Space:1999
BradPaula
I do sometimes wonder how the Alphabase crew were able to repair things given they had to do with what they had when the moon started its journey. They are suffering tremendous losses in this episode.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Scott
BradPaula wrote:

The Space 1999 model crew did get it better than the model crew of B7, but then they had mucho dollars to do so.

You can't beat Gerry Anderson for model work, after all he'd had a bit of practice.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Koenig sends the whole crew down to the attack bunkers.

The what?? Grin

An example of writers adding bits onto the settings to suit the stories! And of the era of Cold War paranoia and emergency instruction films in which the show was made of course...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

The what?? Grin

An example of writers adding bits onto the settings to suit the stories! And of the era of Cold War paranoia and emergency instruction films in which the show was made of course...

As a small child I remember seeing black and yellow signs designating Fall Out Shelters in case of Russian attack. The signs are probably all gone now from public buildings and I bet they'd be quite an item for collectors nowadays. Yes, I'm that old....Angry

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Dog fighting Eagle transporters! Who needs Star Wars anyway.

Hey! We're waiting with baited breath for the new one to come out at Xmas time.

So are we, though I'm not sure if I'll enjoy SW on the big screen as I don't like loud or bright effects in the dark claustrophobia of a cinema.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula

BradPaula wrote:

Dog fighting Eagle transporters! Who needs Star Wars anyway.

Hey! We're waiting with baited breath for the new one to come out at Xmas time.

So are we, though I'm not sure if I'll enjoy SW on the big screen as I don't like loud or bright effects in the dark claustrophobia of a cinema.

Oh, dear. That's all it's probably going to be!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

The what?? Grin

As a small child I remember seeing black and yellow signs designating Fall Out Shelters in case of Russian attack. The signs are probably all gone now from public buildings and I bet they'd be quite an item for collectors nowadays. Yes, I'm that old....Angry

And I bet the government still maintains the shelters themselves, just in case.

BradPaula

BradPaula wrote:

The what?? Grin

Oh, yes. There are many reported places for the government and other officials to hide if that occurred. Somewhere under Denver, Colorado air port, near Washington DC and other places that have been hinted at.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Another fantastic alien world, something else the designers on this show really excelled at.

Scott
BradPaula wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

The what?? Grin

Oh, yes. There are many reported places for the government and other officials to hide if that occurred. Somewhere under Denver, Colorado air port, near Washington DC and other places that have been hinted at.

Thats nice, speaking as a UK Government official, our instructions in case of attack are to 'hide under the desk and cross your fingers'!!!!

BradPaula
A beautiful alien landscape. Like it. Sort of a 1950's homage to all the 'rocketship to various planets' scenario.

Ground control to Major Tom.....

Spaceship Dispatcher
We spent this evening watching the docudrama The Man Who Saved the World, about the Russian who refused to launch the missiles in 1983 when the Soviet computers falsely sounded the alarm for an incoming attack. Highly recommended!
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 01 September 2015 20:10:33

BradPaula
Scott wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

The what?? Grin

Thats nice, speaking as a UK Government official, our instructions in case of attack are to 'hide under the desk and cross your fingers'!!!!

Ah, the old 'duck and cover' instructions we got as children in school. Yeah, that will work. Be sure to open your mouth as the blast commences so you don't blow out your eardrums!! Never mind the massive radiation and heat!

Scott
This is turning proper Star Trekkie.

BradPaula
The aliens are very much like Babylon 5's Minbari. Well, at least they're bald.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Scott wrote:

This is turning proper Star Trekkie.

***splutter*** Oops

Spaceship Dispatcher
Interesting camerawork and direction, shooting through glass and reflections...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Start operation Exodus!

Bad idea.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Helena got changed quicker than Diana Prince! Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
After this episode, we have another 7 to rewatch...

Following that, I had in mind our GoT rewatches!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.67 seconds
9,931,280 unique visits since 8th January 2014