Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Oz - Dr Who: The Tenth Planet
Gauda Cheese
Another Cyber-music tease! Do I have to wait for the Moonbase?
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
And now for a real shock...

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

There are too clod-hopping, all that daft stamping.

Which is more to do with design and direction than concept or character; basically, that would have been the case whether the script gave them an AU origin or not. This is supported by the fact that the new series reverted to the Mondasian Cybermen some time ago and they also stamp around!

But as you say, Cybermen as an army without individual personalities is classic era as much as new.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
"Keep warm". The final words of the first Doctor....

Spaceship Dispatcher
Onto the original Doctor's final moments...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Gauda Cheese
Bye Billy!

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

They've defeated the Cybermen on the base... but surely they're all going to die from radaition poisoning? Grin Grin

Why is that?

Tyce
Does anyone know if there was announcement in the press before this episode that Hartnell was leaving or was it a surprise?

trevor travis
As a viewer in 1966, the ending must have been bewildering and confusing.... what has just happened?

Spaceship Dispatcher
Tyce wrote:

Does anyone know if there was announcement in the press before this episode that Hartnell was leaving or was it a surprise?

No idea I'm afraid but, as with Blake's 7, they have always been good at spoiling things!

trevor travis
Tyce wrote:

A complete surprise. And nearly all the publicity for the next story concerned the return of the Daleks, keeping viewers still mostly in the dark, with just small mentions that the Doctor was now played by Patrick Troughton.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Bye for now everyone! Happy

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Tyce wrote:

No idea I'm afraid but, as with Blake's 7, they have always been good at spoiling things!

"Blake" was a complete shock, believe me Shock Shock Shock

As was "Earthshock" (the end of both Part 1 & Part 4) the following year.

Gauda Cheese
That was fun everyone. See you next week for Troughton!

Tyce
trevor travis wrote:

Tyce wrote:

A complete surprise. And nearly all the publicity for the next story concerned the return of the Daleks, keeping viewers still mostly in the dark, with just small mentions that the Doctor was now played by Patrick Troughton.

Thanks. Must have been very strange for the audience.

Tyce
Thanks for the company guys. It's been great. See you next week.

trevor travis
http://www.digita...Zccepg5XOP

trevor travis
Tyce wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Thanks. Must have been very strange for the audience.

It's the way Doctor Who worked between 1963-1969. A real sense of mystery.

The Doctor makes a few vague mentions of being "renewed" in Power Of The Daleks, but regeneration isn't really properly explained until 1974.

trevor travis
Media spoilers have only really become commonplace in the last two decades -the internet has partially ruined that, I'm afraid (although well done to RTD for somehow keeping the fact the Derek Jacobi was actually the Master!!!). For the new series of DW, I'm very careful of which websites I log onto. Therefore, Missy was a surprise to me, even though you could have found that information online had you really wanted to.

Shocks used to be commonplace. The end of "Blake", the death of Adric, the death of Peri (before they copped out), etc, are well massive shocks to the viewing public.

trevor travis
Seems an ideal time for me to rewatch "An Adventure in Space & Time."

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,128,518 unique visits since 8th January 2014