Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 1
Ellen York

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Out of the Unknown
Spaceship Dispatcher
Nerva Beacon or Space Command? Neither, but likely inspiration for both!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
There's also a passing similarity to the Space Wheel, sans Zoe Herriot of course!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Was this recorded like 60s Doctor Who... nearly all in one go. I'm sure I just noticed a fluff line that was left in.

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

There's also a passing similarity to the Space Wheel, sans Zoe Herriot of course!

Boooo, I want Zoe (preferably in her spangly catsuit) Grin

BradPaula
As much as I like and appreciate all the Star War's like CGI effects, these older programs have a charm which I really enjoy.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Jelly like proto-plasm able to copy any physical form and take it's shape, needing practice to get it right as it goes along by studying the other humans? Erm... basically the Rutans then! There's one 'original' Dr Who idea that turns out to have roots in this show. The first of many...

trevor travis
Blimey, what's with all the peroxide Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

As much as I like and appreciate all the Star War's like CGI effects, these older programs have a charm which I really enjoy.

The focus being entirely on actual drama with actual people!

*and I thought you were missing Jar Jar Binks!

Spaceship Dispatcher
What fascinated me most about this show was how many stories and ideas I recognised Grin

This was a decade before 70s Doctor Who, so recent enough to remember and be inspired by but old enough for viewers not to make the connection!

BradPaula
I was going to ask who David Hemmings was in this, but I've sussed it. And I loathe Jar Jar Binks.

Spaceship Dispatcher
There's a nice mystery style about this, on two levels with the alien question and the theft subterfuge of the officers to answer it.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

I was going to ask who David Hemmings was in this, but I've sussed it.

Wescott Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
Interesting questions about how ruthless you could or should be in pursuit of something or someone else equally or more ruthless...

Actually, it's relevant to Blake's 7... Oops

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not around next week by the way, but Paula I have put us down for Space1999 after Blake's 7 on Tuesday if that's okay?

Spaceship Dispatcher
Charles Tingwell was such a great actor; I have always known him best as Inspector Craddock in the 1960s Miss Marple films with Margaret Rutherford...

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Boooo, I want Zoe (preferably in her spangly catsuit) Grin

Curiously, there's not a great many Doctor Who actors in OotU...

BradPaula

I'm not around next week by the way, but Paula I have put us down for Space1999 after Blake's 7 on Tuesday if that's okay?

That's fine. I can do that.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Absolutely love the montage with futuristic music Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

That's fine. I can do that.

Excellent Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
Interesting angle, connecting life in space with life back home; it's not done often, though Interstellar was a good recent example.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.66 seconds
9,902,702 unique visits since 8th January 2014