Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: Wooks63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Terminal vs Blake
wall1885
what a great thread!
Terminal does kinda leave us with a certain amount of closure if you're willing to believe Blake is dead....but it also leaves us with a big question about what will the Liberator crew do next, what happens next?
Blake, for me, is a bit of a fans pleaser episode, not the greatest story ever and a few plot holes which others have already mentioned in this thread. BUT WE HAVE BLAKE back in BLAKE'S 7. From a televisual point of view the ending of that episode was like no other TV show before it. Blake returned & was def killed off by none other than another main character (an ally???? or even friend???) Avon- if you ignore the fact that on the actual week that the episode was originally broadcast the British media was covered with spoilers, this ending was unexpected and quite shocking.

For me, its hard to analyse a single episode of a series of 13 without looking at how it fits in with the rest of the season and series 4 was a unique beast for many reasons.

But to answer the question posed at the start of the thread, I have to go with ''Blake''

ScorpioSurvivor81
I've never really enjoyed Terminal to be perfectly honest. Blake is awesome and is easily my second favourite of the entire show behind Duel.

meegat39
I have to agree with you here ScorpioSurvior81, I think Terminal is overrated.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

ScorpioSurvivor81
meegat39 wrote:

I have to agree with you here ScorpioSurvior81, I think Terminal is overrated.

I mean it certainly isn't awful and has many strong moments, but it has to be my least favourite series finale out of the four.

peladon
People want different things and take different attributes to mean 'good' I for example consider Blake to be a pretty poor episode but then I also consider RoD to be an indifferent oneCool

President Solvite
Travisina wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Canon isn't the balance of everything on screen - it is everything on screen. If it contradicts itself, that's for us to work out how the contradictions fit in. Wink

That definition has certainly kept Star Wars fans busy for decades. Pfft

Tell me again who shot first, and how Parsecs became a unit of speed? Pfft

It isn't! Its down to a common misunderstanding of what Han Solo means when he refers to the Kessel run Pfft

I must confess I haven't watched any Blake's 7 recently I guess its about time to refresh one's memory of what happens in all the series. Personally I think Orac is the weakest finale of the four despite the first season being a strong consistent standard in my view.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
BradPaula
To me, Rumours of Death is Blake's 7 at its best. My favorite episode by miles. But then, to each his own. And this being a Blake vs Terminal thread, I think both of these episodes are some of the best too. There aren't many bad ones in Blake's 7- and the ones which are a bit flat, I'd rather watch them than anything else I can think of off the top of my head. Sorry- I love every bit of Blake's 7 and after 31 years as a fan of the show, I know no other way, and frankly don't care.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
Hear hear Paula, to still love a show so much after so many years shows how deep a chord it struck with us all! I much prefer Blake to Terminal, will always recall the thrill of that moment of utter horror when I realised what was going to happen at the end...fave stories, so hard to choose, possibly Blake first, The Way Back, Sand, Killer, Star One

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

To me, Rumours of Death is Blake's 7 at its best...

Paula, you are fandom at its best Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

To me, Rumours of Death is Blake's 7 at its best...

Paula, you are fandom at its best Smile

*blush* Thank you. I try! Grin

BradPaula
rojkerr1 wrote:

Hear hear Paula, to still love a show so much after so many years shows how deep a chord it struck with us all! I much prefer Blake to Terminal, will always recall the thrill of that moment of utter horror when I realised what was going to happen at the end...fave stories, so hard to choose, possibly Blake first, The Way Back, Sand, Killer, Star One

So true, RojKerr. I still can remember how I felt watching 'Blake' for the first time. We had heard previously what might happen but it was a punch to the gut to realize that the grizzled bounty hunter was in fact our Blake and then what Avon felt he had to do- wow- even after seeing the episode literally dozens of times now it still shocks and hurts! But then as a fandom, it made us stronger, it made us pull together and after (mumble mumble) so many years on, we are still big fans and are still talking about it, which is even more important.

rojkerr1
dead right paula

sooper mouse
Blake, for this scene
pbs.twimg.com/media/CxlS8QtVIAAXp8t.jpg

"Psychopaaths"
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,446,652 unique visits since 8th January 2014