Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 1
thewayback7

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
August Fanfic Challenge
Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

Hugbot, Keeping the Promise was brilliant!

I agree. I'm now feeling quite devastated, in every sense of the word.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Hugbot
Travisina wrote:

Gosh, wow, Peladon. Wonderful!

Seconded. Perfect portrait of Avon - and of Vila. I like that you describe him as the one who can perceive Avon's true nature. His confidential little chat with Tarrant is something that we never see on screen, but is highly probable to have happened between scenes.

Hugbot
Travisina wrote:

I'm now feeling quite devastated, in every sense of the word.

I hope I haven't spoiled your weekend ...

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I'm now feeling quite devastated, in every sense of the word.

I hope I haven't spoiled your weekend ...

In a good way, Hugbot, in a good way Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

peladon
Travisina, Hugbot - glad you enjoyed. I'm sure that Vila had a few confidential chats with Tarrant on lots of things, and I doubt that Tarrant forgave him any of themSmile

Anniew
I'm sure that Vila had a few confidential chats with Tarrant on lots of things, and I doubt that Tarrant forgave him any of them

Brilliant!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Ellen York
Hugbot, 5 tissue boxes for Keeping my Promises. You really show the grey in the B7 universe. There isn't a "right" decision, Blake has to make the choice that seems the best at the time and then live with the consequences. And eventually the consequences begin to eat away at him.

Peladon, fire wrapped in ice is a very apt description of Avon, and clever Vila for figuring that out. I think Avon and Vila both see each other clearly, that is why they get along.

littlesue
Sorry it's taken so long to comment...it's the weekend and others use this computer...Hubby and daughter No. 1.
Having just caught up with all the stories...crumbs, some very in depth stories there and some very light hearted ones .
Peladon...wow.
Hugbot likewise...
...and Claire?
I'm about to do my ironing.....the image of a certain rather nice computer expert getting the creases out of his leather undies will keep me smiling all afternoon!!!!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
Just Brad - re read your story today. Its such a good perspective on Grant. I really enjoyed it.

littlesue
And now for Clare, from Lurena and me....

A Ticket to Ride

Tarrant bristled.
He couldn’t believe the nerve of the man!
He stiffened his spine, threw back his shoulders and injected every ounce of arrogance he had acquired as a Federation officer into his voice.
“You can’t do that, Avon.”
“On the contrary, I can…and I will.”
Tarrant could only marvel at the arrogance of the man as he strode past him.
This attitude of outright disobedience was something new to Tarrant. He was used to giving orders and having those orders obeyed.
But this group was different; they were civilians.
All right, they weren’t your average run of the mill Federation civilians, but it still galled Tarrant that no-one seemed to take him seriously.
Even when he had stated the blinding obvious that the reports of Blake being here, on this planet; in this defunct pleasure dome, were nothing short of a wild goose chase, they had ignored him.
Preferring to as Vila put it, ‘Investigate anyway, seeing as we’re here.”
Tarrant sighed a defeated sigh.
“All right,” the ex-Federation pilot conceded “…you can have the black one…”
Avon turned and smiled that cold smile of his.
“Well now, that wasn’t that difficult, was it?”
“After all,” Vila chimed in, “It was Avon who got this thing going again…whatever this thing is.”
“Who cares?” Dayna marvelled,” I’m having the blue one. Cally?”
The Auron had hesitated, not too sure exactly what she was letting herself in for. But both Vila and Dayna were happily in position and Avon was likewise seated.
“The Green one...I’ll have the green one.”
“This leaves you, Tarrant, the white one,” Avon retorted, “Which is rather fitting somehow, seeing as you often consider yourself a white knight.”
Tarrant finally admitted defeat, but before taking his seat, he folded his arms, a look of triumph on his face.
“I take it that you know how to operate these things?”
Avon looked for the instruments; there were none. Just a large chrome and white plastic steering wheel.
“Are you familiar with these contraptions?”
This time it was Tarrant’s turn to smile. He stood on the running board of the black and silver vehicle and pointed to the single pedal on the floor.
“You press that and…bingo.”
Avon did that and the black vehicle hurtled off with Tarrant nonchalantly holding onto the long steel pole that touched the ceiling of this arena and sent sparks all over the place as it seemingly danced to the tinny ‘musak’ now blaring out from the surrounding speakers.
Tarrant neatly stepped off as Avon drove past the white and chrome vehicle. He seated himself and was content to watch the others speeding around, laughing at each other, their faces bathed in a myriad of colours from the flashing lights.
He awaited the moment and it came, just as Avon sped by.
Tarrant pushed the pedal down and rammed the side of Avon’s black ‘steed’.
Avon was not amused. “The operative term here is Dodgems, in case you can’t read,” he said pointing to the flashing neon sign.
Tarrant leaned on the silver and chrome steering wheel.
He smiled that smile that so annoyed Avon.
“I prefer Bumper Cars. So much more fun, don’t you think?”
i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/Aug%20Tarrant%20redone_zpsnbpxh4pj.jpg

clareblues1
Sue, that's just brilliant!! And thank you to Lurena for the image!!

Re the Ironing, I've just penned that missing scene, which I'm about to post Grin
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

clareblues1
The New Man

*I tried to weave in the heat theme here, so it's in keeping with this month's challenge*

Midnight on the lower floors of BBC TV Centre...all was quiet...save for the footsteps of a security guard on his routine patrol.

"Is it all clear?" Vila asked quietly.

"Seems to be," Tarrant replied.

"We shouldn't be doing this you know?" Vila fumbled with the lock to the cutting room. "Are you sure it's worth the risk?"

"Yes I'm sure, now get on with it before that security guard comes back!"

The lock fell open.

"OK, I've done it!" Vila grinned.

They crept inside and Vila replaced the lock so it would look from a distance like it hadn't been tampered with.

Tarrant flicked on his torch and saw the vast racks full of film canisters.

"It could be anywhere in here?" Vila whispered a little too loudly.

"For heavens sakes keep it down!" Tarrant retorted. "You take the left, I'll go to the right."

They searched each shelf meticulously.

Vila quietly mouthed the names of classic TV shows, "Fools and Horses, no, Fawlty Towers, no, Magic Roundabout, no, Z Cars, no... Tarrant this could take hours!"

"Will you pipe down! I've found the science fiction section, it must be...ah ha! Blake's 7, here we are."

Vila joined him. "Now all we need to do is find the right episode."

"The Iron, The Witch and The Bathrobe, that's it." Tarrant noted the dozen or so canisters.

"How do we know which one has got Avon's scene in it?" Vila asked.

"Look, they're all catalogued, see if you can cross reference it. The inventory should be on that desk over there."

Tarrant shone his torch and Vila picked up a number of bits of paper.

"Avon: scene 85, that must be the one, canister 8."

Tarrant carefully extracted it from the pile. "Right, now all we need to do is set up the projector."

"Won't that make a noise?" Vila asked.

"Not if we use that small room next door, there's no exit other than into here to carry the sound," Tarrant replied.

"You think of everything don't you, smart..." Vila whined.

"That'll do Vila, now do you want to watch this or not?!"

"Alright."

They busied themselves in clearing enough space for the projector without making a sound.

Tarrant thought it no mean feat considering Vila's usual clumsiness, but he was surprisingly careful on this occasion.

"We'll just have to make do with projecting it onto the wall," Tarrant said. "And there'll be no sound."

"Doesn't matter, I've still got the script and I brought it along," Vila replied and pulled it from his pocket.

Having got the equipment set up, they found themselves a couple of chairs and Tarrant broke out the beers from the cool box he'd brought along.

Vila had given him a long lecture before they left the Liberator about how he hadn't used it since series 2 and how precious it was to him.

The footage rolled, the beer flowed and the two lads had a great night out.

Avon waited for the director to say ACTION, then he carefully tested the temperature of the iron and set to work. Too much heat and it would damage the costumes.

Delicately he pressed around each seam of a pair of leather underpants and worked into the corners to avoid creases. When done he carefully placed them to one side and the director said cut. The scene filled with crew members who made various adjustments.

They continued with numerous takes and gradually Avon worked through another four pairs of leather undies.

Vila grinned broadly and Tarrant could barely contain his giggles.

"I'm seeing Avon in a whole new light!" Vila whispered.

Next Avon ironed a pair of black corduroy trousers and started saying something to the camera that had both men in stitches as they followed the script.

Tarrant nearly choked on his beer when Avon held them up to check for creases and raised an eyebrow as he noted the length of them.

"Aren't those yours?" Vila asked.

"Yes they are! Hey!" Tarrant snapped, then suddenly remembered where he was and hoped he hadn't been heard.

Being mindful not to reveal his mistake, Avon carefully laid the trousers over a clothes horse.

"Well I always said that's what you'd been hired for," Vila quipped.

Tarrant scowled at him and shoved another beer into his hand. "Shuddup! They probably just got into the wrong
basket."

Next came the shirts. One of Avon's, two of Vila's and a pretty blouse that must've belonged to Jenna.

"What the hell is all that doing in his laundry?" Tarrant exclaimed.

"Search me. I'm beginning to worry about Avon now," Vila replied. "That's a pair of my undies I just spotted there too."

Avon had a sly grin on his face.

Once again the director called out CUT as the blouse was removed. Avon and the director had a conversation that must've gone along the lines of 'Oh they'll never notice the difference' about the rest of the items.

Avon wore an expression of disappointment.

With the ironing finished, it was time for a change of domestic duties. The ironing board was taken away by a studio hand and replaced with a table, some flowers and a vase.

Avon's frown deepened as the director explained what was required. ACTION

With careful dexterity, Avon trimmed the ends of the stems and started arranging the flowers into the Oasis block at the bottom of the vase.

Tarrant found himself transfixed and could hardly bring the beer up to his mouth to drink it.

Deep red roses, charming pink lillies, blue-green eucalyptus, subtle lemon carnations and white lisianthus.

"I quite like those..." Tarrant muttered absentmindedly. "Reminds me of someone I know..." he smiled dreamily.

Vila flicked the side of Tarrant's head.

"Ow!"

One last time the director said cut and just as Avon was about to walk off set, the film ran out and flicked noisily as the reel span.

"Quick, hit that button!" Tarrant said.

Vila switched the machine off.

"I suppose you realise we've got to put all this back and get out of here now?"

"I'm not grotesquely stupid Vila," Tarrant retorted. "But I'm going to finish my beer first," he grinned.

"Why not," Vila popped open another can and kicked back into his seat. "I'm going to quite enjoy asking Avon about Jenna's blouse."
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Anniew
Avon on dodgems and flower arranging duty. Even in Blake's 7 I did not anticipate this! A lovely end to a relaxing afternoon. Thank you both for such enjoyable reads and to Lurena for another amazing illustration! I'd love to see Lurena's take on Avon ironing Tarrant's undies and Jenna's blouse! SmileSmile ( or of Tarrant and Vila with their beers!)

BradPaula
August seems to have become the silliest month of the year. And I love it. Great stories all and special pats on the back for Lurena's Dodgem car drawing and Clare's wonderfully wacky stories. Really enjoying these this month gang.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

littlesue
I've just finished ironing..and now the flowers....
Tea all over the keyboard now!!!!!

Ellen York
Avon playing bumper cars and doing the ironing. Two fun stories to make me smile.

As an aside, when my parents were first married, my mother ironed Dad's undies. But they were cotton not leather Wink

littlesue
From Lurena and I, a small offering

The Heat of the Moment

He hadn’t planned it this way.
But the other man had given him no other choice.
“You’re late. It’s double,” the man had said, sitting back in his chair, a laconic smile on his lips.
“Our agreement was…”
“Well, that’s all changed now. There are patrols out looking for you. You’re, shall we say, a celebrity now. Double or… nothing.”
“I don’t have the money…”
“Then you’d better get it, cos your pretty lady and you aren’t going anywhere. You can afford it; you’re one of those Alpha Grades…”
“It’s not as simple as that…”
“In fact, I’ve changed my mind. Ten times our original price….or you don’t get these.” He waved the visas mockingly.
He swallowed, “I can’t...”
“In fact, my friend, I could get even more if I turned you in and got the Federation reward. Now that does sound more interesting.”
“I don’t think so…”
The man had been prepared and drew first; the gun shot ripped through his shoulder.
He staggered back, clutching at his arm, the anger seething inside as the other man laughed out loud.
It was the heat of the moment…and he fired back.
The man’s laugh caught in his throat and he fell forward onto his desk, the blood spilling out onto the visas.
He took them. He had to get back; try and warn her….
But the walkway was so long and his arm hurt so much. He had tried to stem the flow of blood from the wound, to no avail. A veil of darkness descended and the world slipped away.

He hadn’t planned it this way.
He didn’t understand; couldn’t understand.
Another betrayal?
Had he betrayed him?
Why won’t he keep still?
Why?
But it was there; the seed already planted and in the midst of the noise and the confusion…
“I was waiting for you….Avon.”
It was the heat of the moment …and he fired, not once, not twice but three times.
And still Blake came; reaching out.
It was then that Avon knew; he could see the truth in Blake’s eyes. But it was all too late.
This time he could not run; he could not try and seek a safe haven.
This time he would have to stand his ground.
The others had fallen, leaving only him. Surrounded by faceless soldiers; fingers quivering, waiting to fire an onslaught of death.
Avon pondered his past; his future.
i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/heat_zpscevevd9x.jpg

The heat of the moment with the man holding those visas had brought him here to an underground complex.
And another heat of the moment had sealed his fate.
Avon stood astride Blake’s fallen body considering his next move.
He raised his gun…

Lurena
Due to work commitment I was not given time to read all this month’s contributions and comment to all writers of those fabulous and unparalleled stories.
Now I have read them all and again I am amazed by your creativity, humor and ability to comment in, often witty, humoristic ways.
Purplecleric, by starting the challenges you opened a big treasure chest!

@SD, so funny and neat again! Is it likely that the firewall will stop your saga? I don’t think so now Servie managed to get control over the PGTM. Seriously, I’ve been asked to visit Mykro Zoft headquarters Amsterdam soon and will ask for the scientist. LOL!

@Anniew I love your 2 stories related to “heat”. The mind controlled Blake, serving Servalan gives me shiver from cold. That is one of the darkest takes on Blake’s 7. Well done.
Your third story, the masculine conversational style is perfectly written. I really enjoyed that.

@Hugbot, brilliant, just brilliant. Very clever idea to use Tarrant to explain his and Gan’s back stories.
Also shows the dubious methods of the Federation very well. I admire your skill to write good balance in your stories and even so your perfect English command.

@Clare, at first Endor cuddly toys sent my tea over my keyboard. Despite your warning it happened again when I read your script story. So exquisite funny. Can I get a copy of that script, signed by Blair Cloos please?
Oh, and how do you think I can do my household chores properly with leather undies and flowers in black-studded vases in my mind from now on? Perhaps I should take Anniew’s advice and empty my mind by drawing….

@Ellen, your one line remark sums up a lot about Blake’s 7: trust and mistrust, humor and reality.
Funny and brilliant.

@Paula, 2 stories, one perfect take on Jenna. I like the storyline and I know where it will lead her to.
The other one, Close Shave, made me laugh and quiet at the same time. I think you wrote what many fans like to see: Tarrant in trouble now and then, due to his own actions. Thank you for these great stories!

@Brad, of course I understand where your story comes from. I love your writing style and the way you set up your stories. You know the characters very well and you are able to use them in a fascinating way. There is always something to re-read and think about and I very much like that!

@Peladon, yes, that is the way Vila works for me! Fire wrapped in ice.. such a beautiful metaphor…

Thank you all!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Ellen York
Sue/Lurena, I really like the structure of "The Heat of the Moment", bringing things full circle, Avon's first kill and his last. Also that he hadn't planned it that way (law of unintended consequences).

These fic challenges are like a treasure box, full of lovely surprises.

Anniew
Sue and Lurena - such a neatly structured piece, Heat of the Moment - and plausible. I swing between a view of Avon as a reluctant killer and Avon as a cold blooded, ' you cross me and you're dead' kind of criminal. A most enjoyable read.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,185,632 unique visits since 8th January 2014