Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
August Fanfic Challenge
trevor travis
I'm glad Clarrant is taking all the Tarrant stories in good heart... and won't be upset at what I might be doing to him at the moment Grin Grin

Story to follow by the end of the day Wink

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

I'm glad Clarrant is taking all the Tarrant stories in good heart... and won't be upset at what I might be doing to him at the moment Grin Grin

Story to follow by the end of the day Wink

We are bringing a spare Welsh street sign to RTGP3.

trevor travis
Tarrant bristled. He couldn’t believe the nerve of the man! He stiffened his spine, threw back his shoulders and injected every ounce of arrogance he had acquired as a Federation officer into his voice.

“Avon, for the last time, I am not dressing up as a woman!”

But Avon wasn’t taking no as an answer.

“It has to be you, Tarrant!”

“Why? Unless you’ve forgotten we do have two females in our crew.”

“Neither of whom resembles Mel Garrett. Dayna for obvious reasons and Soolin has a different look entirely. You on the other hand, with a wig and the right clothes…”

“Look Avon, I’m not doing it!”

“We have to have those crystals. Otherwise Scorpio will be grounded indefinitely, and Vila will start going on about nuts and berries again.”

“Well, think up another plan.”

“We don’t have enough time for that. Soolin will do your hair, while Dayna has your clothes ready.”

“Over my dead body, Avon.”

“Very nice”, smirked Vila, as Tarrant walked into the teleport area on Xenon Base.

“Shut up”, barked Tarrant, “look, do I have wear these heels?”

“You’re doing fine in them”, said Dayna, who followed him into the room. “Mel Garrett is, believe it or not, even taller than yourself. It’s her off-world origins, she grew up in a strange climate. You have to have the heels to match her height. Remember to let me do the talking whenever possible, although you do the voice quite well.”

Tarrant decided to give up arguing. He and Dayna teleported across to Scorpio, while the smirk had still not faded from Vila’s lips as he watched them disappear from view.

The plan worked perfectly.

At some point, Tarrant expected someone within the scientific instillation would spot he wasn’t Mel Garrett. And that he was a man. No-one did. In fact, several Federation guards tried to flirt with him.

There wasn’t a single hitch and they gained the precious crystals.

Back on the Scorpio flight deck, Dayna goaded him. “You made the perfect lady. I’m almost jealous – you turned more men’s heads than I did down there. Although I’m glad you brushed off the guy with the H on his forehead who tried that awful ‘worm do’ chat-up line.”

She was surprised by the reply. “It’s comfortable this clothing, isn’t it? Is the underwear also this soft?”

Vila could hear giggling from Dayna’s room. She wondered what Tarrant and Dayna were up to in there.

Just then, the door opened. Vila concealed himself around the corner.

Tarrant walked from the room, wearing lipstick and a wig. Thinking no-one was around, he removed the wig and started to wipe the lipstick from his face with a cloth.

He didn’t see Vila, stood there with mouth agape.

“Vila, what’s wrong with you?”, snapped Avon.

“Sorry, what?”

“You’ve been in a daze all day. I’ve told you that alcohol would eventually rot your brain.”

“I’ve not touched a drop all the day.”

“A likely story”.

“It’s true. Look Avon, have you noticed Tarrant acting strangely recently?”

“No stranger than usual. Why?”

“Er, no reason.”

Just then Tarrant walked onto the flight deck. His trousers weren’t quite fully pulled up. Vila thought he could see about half an inch of Tarrant’s underwear. Something frilly and pink.

Vila decided it was time to break into the drinks cabinet.

Five years later, Christina’s double decker bus was also in need of vital crystals. They knew exactly where to find them.

Vila had them concealed in his jacket. Just then he nearly bumped straight into a tall, attractive lady, who looked just like….

“Of course, she must be Mel Garrett”, thought Vila to himself. He could see why Tarrant been chosen to double for her.

He apologised and continued to make his way back to where the bus was docked.

He didn’t hear the comment: “Well, well, Vila survived” as he departed. Tarrant made his way back to the quarters of Mel Garrett, where he would find a tied up and gagged woman, and lots of lovely clothing he could wear.

Anniew
A crossover between Blakes7 and Pricilla Queen of the Desert. Never expected that! But it's a delightfully funny story, Trevor!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
Great little story, TT. Loved the sly reference to Rimmer in Red Dwarf and his horrible pick up line. The mind boggles thinking about Tarrant in women's clothing! Lucky Clare is a good sport.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

clareblues1
Oh TT that's hilarious!! Incidentally you haven't sneaked up to Stratford and seen Steven in Volpone per chance? There's a definite similarity with a certain scene in the play.

Ladies undies I can forgive him for wearing...it's when he tries on Avon's leather ones that I might start to worry! LOL
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Travisina
clareblues1 wrote:

Oh TT that's hilarious!! Incidentally you haven't sneaked up to Stratford and seen Steven in Volpone per chance? There's a definite similarity with a certain scene in the play.

That was my first thought, too! Wickedly funny, TT Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Saw Avon's gran in the Halifax. She inspired this story.

It was the sound his boots made on the gravelly sand that had made him think of her. That and the old man. And the heat. It had been blistering hot on Luna too. Hot in summer and bitingly cold in the winter, yet she had always worn the same outfit: straw hat, loose brown top, garish harem pants tucked into calf high black boots. She said it was for comfort but he thought it was more like a uniform - an incongruous and very ill-matched one. He remembered this had driven his fashionable parents mad on the rare occasions they visited her.

" Affectation," his mother had complained. "She's rich enough to buy the planet yet she dresses like a Delta."

She had been in the garden when he arrived and her Proctor, a kindly old man, not unlike Neebrox, had ushered him out to greet her. He had known what to expect. As usual she would rake him with a disapproving gaze. As usual he would resist the urge to wipe his damp hands on his trousers.

Emerging from the cool dark of the house into brightness had made him squint a little but he soon discerned her, solidly outlined against the light, erect, strange, her long grey hair carelessly clasped back at the nape, her skin defiantly white despite the fierceness of the sun, shadowed by the ugly straw bonnet.

"Good day, MaDama," he stated by way of greeting, using the formal term for their relationship - the only one she was prepared to accept.

"Humph, you're back then." After that first, sharp appraisal, the old woman, as she always did, turned away from him, unimpressed. "Bareth,"she commanded the Proctor, "mildew on the roses. I will need the spray.

She was using her secateurs now, ignoring his presence, snipping away at the flowers. They were meagre blooms, pale and poorly formed with long, piecing thorns, a rarity but, in his opinion, hardly worth the effort it took to grow them. Luna was a desert planet and the roses required elaborate irrigation systems just to survive. And even then they either browned in the dry air or, over-watered, succumbed to a slimy grey mould which attached itself to their leaves. Yet it was typical of her to pit her wits towards achieving the near impossible.

"Can I get the sprayer for you, MaDamie? " he asked eagerly, deliberately using the diminutive. It was a fairly desperate shot at ingratiation but he was only ten years old and he hadn't had much affection in any of those years. The old lady turned slowly and he recalled the way her high black leather boots with their square toes and heavy buckles scraped on the gravelly sand. He braced himself for sarcasm. For contempt. She stared at him for a moment and then her mouth quirked slightly. "Very well. Go with Bareth."

He was a slight lad and the sprayer was heavy, designed to be worn on adult shoulders but she let him struggle with it and he sprayed and sprayed in the hot sun until he felt sick, his head throbbed and his arms were numb lumps of meat. When he was on the point of dropping, she nodded to Bareth who stepped forward and removed the sprayer from his aching shoulders, a look of sympathy on his thin, wrinkled face.

"Give me your hands," she ordered. He held them out reluctantly revealing the blisters he had sustained and she took them closing each decisively, making him wince with pain.

" I suppose you expect me to thank you?" she asked in her distinctive, clipped tones. He had hoped, actually, that she might but he had the sense to shake his head in fairly convincing denial.

"Good." She smiled humourlessly- more of a snarl really- and clasped his hands more firmly between her own making him cry out.

"Quiet, boy," she told him and he was surprised that she spoke quite gently as she slowly increased the pressure on his blistered palms. " I do this for your good. You need to understand that suffering is the natural currency of life."

When he grew up, he had realised that she had probably been mad and wondered why his parents had insisted he spent his summers with her. He suspected they had schemed so that he might inherit her wealth but when she died they discovered that PaDama had gambled it away years ago and all that was left were debts. As he became more experienced, he realised that his memories of her, if not affectionate, were imbued with a kind of admiration. Mad or not, she had known what life was all about.

The sudden sentimental impulse that made him turn back and answer Neebrox's despairing cry surprised and embarrassed him. Yet his hands remembered the salve that her Proctor had applied to them after his grandmother had retired for the night and the healing coolness as it soaked into the raw, open wounds on his blistered palms.

littlesue
@TT...methinks you may have to come in disguise in October!
What came to mind was the advert for sausages and the poor dad who allows his daughter to put make up on him...and then the door bell rings!!!!
@Anniew...so you met my Granny Dawson at some time???? A cross between Ena Sharples and Thora Hird. She spoke her mind and took no prisoners!!
Both marvellous stories at each end of the spectrum.
Tavisina...I meant to say; the Apple...
...I can remember a sequence in 'V' where one of the Humans double crossed everyone and then the nasty guys, for whom he believed himself to be working, had him tied up..."But you promised me that I could come to lunch!" or words to that effect. Indeed, said they, you will come to lunch...in fact, you are lunch. They then shoved an apple in his mouth..and had him for dinner!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
littlesue wrote:

...I can remember a sequence in 'V' where one of the Humans double crossed everyone and then the nasty guys, for whom he believed himself to be working, had him tied up..."But you promised me that I could come to lunch!" or words to that effect. Indeed, said they, you will come to lunch...in fact, you are lunch. They then shoved an apple in his mouth..and had him for dinner!

Ha! I don't think I saw that one.

trevor travis
clareblues1 wrote:

Ladies undies I can forgive him for wearing...it's when he tries on Avon's leather ones that I might start to worry! LOL

Avon has ladies' leather undies? That's a different story altogether Grin

I haven't seen Steven in his new play.

In the meantime, I'm glad you found it hilarious - it means I don't need to come in disguise come October Pfft

littlesue
Travisina wrote:

littlesue wrote:

Ha! I don't think I saw that one.

Maybe the script wordwise wasn't quite like that, (it was quite a few years ago) but I shivered when he suddenly realised what they had meant. It turned my stomach to see the apple put in his mouth and then you realised exactly what they meant by having him for dinner!!!

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

Avon has ladies' leather undies? That's a different story altogether Grin

I haven't seen Steven in his new play.

In the meantime, I'm glad you found it hilarious - it means I don't need to come in disguise come October Pfft

By all means, don't come in disguise, but wearing the Og horns is always a fashion plus in my book.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
@Littlesue -
I saw this on Twitter and thought of you:

www.blakes7online.com/images/news/fish_for_dinner_400.jpg

littlesue
Travisina wrote:

@Littlesue -
I saw this on Twitter and thought of you:

www.blakes7online.com/images/news/fish_for_dinner_400.jpg

Grin

Travisina
Scrambling in under the wire again with the 'complete the scene' - with only a day left to go!

Having Words

"I said, shut up," Avon snarled. "I apologise for not realising you are deaf."

Tarrant bristled. He couldn’t believe the nerve of the man! He stiffened his spine, threw back his shoulders and injected every ounce of arrogance he had acquired as a Federation officer into his voice.

"There's something else you don't realise. I don't take any orders from you." He turned his back on Cally and walked across the flight deck. No! something inside him was trying to protest. Stay with Cally - ask her what went wrong with the teleport!

But he found himself drawn towards Avon, his mind filling with anger and resentment, stifling the voice that had been trying to reason with the Auron woman. He wanted to tell Avon: 'We need to find out what's going on. Cally's vulnerable to psychic influences and we all could be in danger.' Instead, when he opened his mouth, he heard himself say,

"Don't try and bluff your way with me! I know what's been needling you right from the start. With Blake gone, you thought you'd got it made, didn't you? Thought you'd got control of this ship and a crew of three who'd say, 'Yes, Avon. Whatever you want, Avon.' But you reckoned without me..."

As he let fly, Tarrant thought he could see his words flashing through the air. It was as if his speech had taken the form of red-hot, barbed projectiles. Something had reached into his subconscious and was pulling out grievances he had not even admitted to himself, forming them into thoughts, shaping them into furious words. On and on it flew; the frustration he had been suppressing for so many months fired at the other man in words of flaming arrows.

"I'm faster than you and I'm sharper. As far as it goes, I've made a success of my life. But you? The only big thing you ever tried to do you failed at. But I win. Not just at games, at life."

"You also talk too much." Avon stood cold and unmoved, impervious to the rain of blazing words. Tarrant saw them strike their target, but fall blunted to the floor, unable to penetrate the other man's armour. Their energy spent, the words lay cooling at Avon's feet and faded away.

The buzzing in Tarrant's head cleared. He looked around and realised that Cally had left the flight deck; the opportunity to question her was lost. Afterwards, he wondered whether the alien had possessed Avon as it had him, whether she had provoked Avon's goading as well as his own reaction, distracting them both from Cally's actions.

But right now his thoughts were his own again, as were his words. His first feelings were of relief, then regret. Things said could not be unsaid; he could never retract the barbed words - only apologise.

"Avon. Do you want to forget I said all that?"

"It wasn't particularly memorable."

But both men knew they were lying.

Anniew
Travisina - love the complexity you give Tarrant and that's a great last line. Wonder if this exchange is why Avon was so mean over Zeeona!

Ellen York
Finally worked out my word prompt story with about 20 hours to spare Smile

Going Outside is a category four crime, but more troubling are the stories of the wild animals and even worse, wild humans that live out there. However, Vila is nothing if not curious and that curiosity led him to a little used maintenance corridor where his skills made short work of both the lock and monitoring system. The door creaks open to reveal his first sight of Outside. His first impression is that it is bright, an intense light very different from the cool fluorescent light in the domes. As he steps out the door, he becomes aware of the heat. He considers retreating to the familiarity of the dome, but the clear blue sky and lush green vegetation draw him onward. Once he is among the trees, the heat becomes less oppressive and with no sign of wild animals or people he begins to relax. The sound of running water leads him to a small stream. Fascinated, he trails his hand in the cool water. A conveniently placed rock offers a place to sit and he takes off his shoes to dangle his feet in the water. With a smile of contentment, he decides the Outside isn't such a bad place after all.

Anniew
Ellen that's a lovely vignette. It's full of possibilities and could easily become a longer piece. I especially liked your description of the way the light changes outside the domes. And of course in a controlled environment, intense sun heat would be an unknown sensation. Wow this piece sparks so many ideas which we we could all use in our fics!! I've never properly considered the implications of living under a dome on earth. So clever and exciting!!! I wonder if Vila got sunburn? We know Blake went outside but his many of the Earth crew had ever been outside before Cygnus Alpha? Perhaps you've explained why Servalan wore such unsuitable clothing - she'd never experienced outside and was too proud to admit weakness so wore stuff that was suitable for a controlled environment with even terrain!

Hugbot
Travisina wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

That was my first thought, too! Wickedly funny, TT Grin

Same here. Grin I think all members of our Volpone group had the same thought.

@Anniew: Gripping story, made me shudder. I like these psychological backstories. There seem to be quite a few very unpleasant characters in his family ... no wonder he turned out the way we know him.

@Travisina: Great idea - you render a scene that we all know by heart, and manage to give it a completely new meaning. Fascinating read!

@Ellen: A lovely vignette, so short and yet so thought provoking. Anniew's thoughts about your story are already longer than your piece, and I could go on in the same way! There is so much lurking between the lines! A great achievement!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,849,269 unique visits since 8th January 2014