Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Which "missing" character would you most like to see in a Big Finish audio?
Gan Gan 27%[4 Votes]
Dayna Dayna 13%[2 Votes]
Soolin Soolin 60%[9 Votes]
Total Votes : 15
 Print Thread
Which "missing" character would you most like to hear in a Big Finish audio?
dragonq
A naughty part of me wanted to add Og to this poll, but seriously, there are three regular characters who have not been featured in the new plays. Who would you most like to reappear, and, since we've lost David Jackson, who would you cast as Gan?

trevor travis
Has to be Glynis Barber since:

David Jackson = dead
Josette Simon = highly unlikely to do it.

I don't like the actors being recast.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Glynis; I'm in agreement with TT regarding not recasting regular characters.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

dragonq
I understand that one might prefer the original actors if available. But what about the recasting of Zen and Orac? I'm at a loss as to why they don't count as regular characters.

Spaceship Dispatcher
dragonq wrote:

I understand that one might prefer the original actors if available. But what about the recasting of Zen and Orac? I'm at a loss as to why they don't count as regular characters.

I'm obviously not speaking for how anyone else feels but for me the difference is that I have formed an association between the appearance of the actor, their voice, and the character they play; this was not the case with Peter Tuddenham because not only do we not see him but I consider computers in any series to be items of equipment rather than characters.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

JustBrad
Soolin: Couldn't abide anyone but David as Gan, and Soolin's back story has far more drama.

Space Chopper
Soolin all the way.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

BradPaula
Would love to see Glynis come back as Soolin. But we have to wait for Big Finish to get the 4th series rights, correct? I am still hoping Josette Simon will be lured back to playing the role of Dayna as she has already done a Doctor Who disc and I'm convinced the BF guys can be very persuasive... I would rather not recast Gan and I for one am saddened even more that we lost David Jackson so long ago, because he would have had his chance to play Gan 'right' all these years later. I met him once and he was an angel! He really is now. Bless.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Ellen York
Looks like I'm the minority view, but I would be okay with recasting Gan (though it is a shame David Jackson isn't still around to play the part). None of the others sound exactly like they did 30 years ago and Zen and Orac have already been recast (I do count them as characters). When I first started listening to the audios, I had a hard time putting the voices with the characters; Blake was the most difficult. It took several disks to get past that problem. So if BF could find someone who sounds a bit like David did, I think I could get past the "different" voice. On the other hand, I wouldn't object to some Soolin stories. There is plenty of ground to explore in her character.

dragonq
I think that the crew dynamic of that first season is very special, and if you don't have a Gan, you can't explore that in a full cast audio. I don't have a problem with Gan being recast, if they get the right person. I'm thoroughly accustomed to the recast computer voices, and some people are just incredible mimics. (Frazer Hines as the second doctor--oh, my goodness.) Gareth Thomas sounds very different as an old man, and Jacqueline Pearce's voice has also altered, while Steven Pacey's present audio Tarrant doesn't greatly resemble the one he did on TV. These audio plays can only ever be approximations, after all.

Soolin would definitely be my second choice. I hope someone at BF is noting this.

rojkerr1
Clive mantle as Gan

meegat39
I voted for Gan, but that was without considering the fact that David Jackson is dead. I just loved his voice. But if we could get someone who sounded like him that would be okay with me.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Grade Four Ignorant
I'd be happy for any Post-Gauda Prime adventures with Avon, Vila, Tarrant and Soolin to get around the lack of Dayna.

Anniew
Ooh yes please Big Finish!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

atomicmayo
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

I'd be happy for any Post-Gauda Prime adventures with Avon, Vila, Tarrant and Soolin to get around the lack of Dayna.

I know this post is kind of old, but I'd love some permutation of this idea... (maybe similar to the Liberator Chronicles where it's just one or two actors?)

And I voted for Soolin, for most of the same practical reasons listed in the other posts. :/

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
Grade Four Ignorant
atomicmayo wrote:
I know this post is kind of old, but I'd love some permutation of this idea... (maybe similar to the Liberator Chronicles where it's just one or two actors?)

And I voted for Soolin, for most of the same practical reasons listed in the other posts. :/

Given that most of the actors are onboard, and if Big Finish did do a fifth season, would anyone want to see Blake survive? Or should the new adventures abide by Gareth Thomas' desire for Blake to be dead at the end of the final episode. Seeing as it'd be a cop-out (in the nicest sense of the word) for most of the Scorpio crew to survive being shot, but would Blake living be a stretch too far?

Travisina
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:
...would Blake living be a stretch too far?

Not if it was the Blake clone. It could have been the clone that was shot, or if it was the real Blake who's dead, then the clone could be somewhere around. And having Rashel with him would be an added interesting bonus. Either way, not a stretch!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Unless of course it was all Avon's dream in which case they are all alive!!! Or better yet Servalan's!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

Unless of course it was all Avon's dream in which case they are all alive!!! Or better yet Servalan's!

Maybe everything after the massacre in the tunnels (TWB) was dreams given to Blake to confuse and distract his mind and prevent him leading a second rebellion...

Anniew
There you go Perfect! One of the best it never happened theories I've read.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.59 seconds
9,143,014 unique visits since 8th January 2014