Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake: your favourite scene?
Spaceship Dispatcher
This weekend is the Aussie rewatch of Blake, the final episode of televised Blake's 7... okay, you all knew that. Forgetting for the purpose of this thread the overall merits or otherwise of episode D13 Blake, or its place in the history of the show and television in general, I have a question that's open to all whether or not it's your favourite episode:

Excluding the final sequence, from the point when Blake and Avon meet again, what is your favourite scene of the final episode and why?

I'm very interested to see where this goes...
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 29 July 2015 22:09:24
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
Okay, I'll bite:

The scene in the hut, where Vila repeatedly asks Avon where Tarrant is ("If you're here, and Orac's here, how did Tarrant get off the ship?" ).
Vila has no reason to be fond of Tarrant, but here the atmosphere is brimming over with silent, accusatory post-'Orbit' subtext.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
I like it when Avon runs through the forest swinging Orac one handed. He's a toughie alright. The Blake Tarrant Scorpio crash scene is well directed and very atmospheric.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
A favorite scene of mine is when Vila wonders if Avon has found Blake and Avon just turns and smiles. The facial expressions of not only Michael but Paul are priceless. And one's response is uh-oh! Trouble's on the way.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
I think there is a lot to like in this episode. The only one more tense may be RoD.

Favorite Scene(s)

Vila, Dayna, and Soolin in the hut. It's in this scene that reality sets in as the trio of supporting cast takes stock. No Avon, no Tarrant, no Orac, no teleport; we're on our own, and we're in a lot of trouble.

Close second, Blake and Tararnt at the crash site. "As tests go, isn't that, and this, a little obvious?"

Joe Dredd
Gareth Thomas is just brilliant in this episode. As I've said in the past I love his "Indulge me" to Deva; the closed eye just adds to it. Ditto his reaction in the flyer when Tarrant digests the bait. The Blake-Tarrant interchange in the office is good stuff too.

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Gareth Thomas is just brilliant in this episode. As I've said in the past I love his "Indulge me" to Deva; the closed eye just adds to it. Ditto his reaction in the flyer when Tarrant digests the bait. The Blake-Tarrant interchange in the office is good stuff too.

The acting is superb throughout.

We also get more Soolin backstory, filling in more of her story arc that was briefly mentioned in 'Rescue' and then woefully ignored until 'Warlord'.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
The opening Flight Deck scene sparkles with great dialogue, while the scenes in the hut are terrific from start-to-end.

Oh, and anything with Blake in it.... can I just pick the whole episode? Pfft

meegat39
If I have read the question correctly, then my favourite scene after Blake and Avon meet again is when Blake says "Avon, I was waiting for youuuu". because I love the tone of voice, the implied trust and "love", the implication that Avon was his most important accomplice/friend, coupled with the fact that Avon is at that moment accusing him of betrayal. The tragedy of the situation, what more can I say?
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Spaceship Dispatcher
Excluding the final sequence, from the point when Blake and Avon meet again, what is your favourite scene of the final episode and why?

meegat39 wrote:

If I have read the question correctly, then my favourite scene after Blake and Avon meet again is when Blake says "Avon, I was waiting for youuuu". because I love the tone of voice, the implied trust and "love", the implication that Avon was his most important accomplice/friend, coupled with the fact that Avon is at that moment accusing him of betrayal. The tragedy of the situation, what more can I say?

No, this thread excludes everything from the moment Avon and Blake meet because that's always the most talked about scene; I'm interested to know what moments members especially like from the first part of the episode only, to explore the strengths of the episode if you take away the iconic confrontation...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Just also thought of:
1. Orac slapping down Slave, and Slave then setting off the alarms, and announcing “Scorpio is under attack” with great comic timing
2. Blake and Tarrant in the flyer, as the possible fate of Jenna Stannis is brought up as part of Blake’s test.
3. The way the Blake/Deva dialogue in the penultimate scene in part mirrors Blake/Avon dialogue from earlier in the series. A scene delivered by two brilliant actors, Gareth Thomas and David Collings.
4. “Goodbye Tarrant”. A dramatic part of the episode – it’s played so well, we really think Tarrant could be about to die at this point.

Are you sure I can’t pick the whole episode? Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Are you sure I can’t pick the whole episode? Grin

Positive! But keep the choices of favourite scenes coming, and please do expand on discussing the ones we already have...

Happy
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 30 July 2015 10:55:48

sweevo
Any of the scenes with Blake and Deva, along with Blake and Tarrant's first meeting.

Joe Dredd
meegat39 wrote:

coupled with the fact that Avon is at that moment accusing him of betrayal.

There's a moment, just a moment, when it seems Blake may be betraying them, when he talks about Orac and rewards and disarms Tarrant and holds him at gunpoint. The truth is quickly revealed, but it's fantastic. Blake's good enough to fool Tarrant and, just in that moment, good enough to fool this viewer, just for a second.

All the stuff in the abandoned hut is excellent too, from Vila's "Only when it's unilluminated" to Avon's "What's the matter, is staying alive too complicated for you?"

I think the proof of how good the episode is in the way it carries you along completely and it's only in retrospect that you realise how much everything and everyone works together to make it what it is. Brad's analysis about Vila, Dayna & Soolin hiding out in the shed and with nothing more to fall back on are a case in point.

trevor travis
Blake shooting Tando in the back... because it shows this man has changed since we last saw him. His smug 'I'm morally better than anybody else' facade had slipped.

sweevo
I think the Blake we see in this episode is closer to his real personality than in the first two seasons on the Liberator (although there are signs of his Gauda Prime persona showing up in the second season - Shadow, Horizon, Pressure Point and Star One).

Grade Four Ignorant
sweevo wrote:

I think the Blake we see in this episode is closer to his real personality than in the first two seasons on the Liberator (although there are signs of his Gauda Prime persona showing up in the second season - Shadow, Horizon, Pressure Point and Star One).

That's a theory I've always subscribed to. The Blake that Foster knew was more like the ruthless mercenary we meet in the finale. He regains his memories in the first episode, but his personality doesn't change to any large degree until late in Season A - notably his threat to mutilate Kayn in Breakdown and bullying Sarkoff into coming with him in Bounty. By the time we get to Star One he's become more of a fanatic willing to sacrifice almost anything for his crusade.

trevor travis
sweevo wrote:

Sweevo, quite possibly. Any conditioning he had is a few more years down the line. Although I'm not sure if we see a completely different Blake, there were always signs that his behaviour in the first two seasons was a facade.

rojkerr1
fave bits -you think you've found blake...
i really could be quite annoyed if i thought we'd been the bait...
get out of it will you, theres no point in both of us dying...
whos ship is this?

Ellen York
Aside from the ending, the scene that stuck with me for 20-plus years was Blake and Tarrant in the flyer; the "old smuggler's trick", "she hit the self-destruct" conversation.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.59 seconds
9,486,158 unique visits since 8th January 2014