Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Artwork by atomicmayo
atomicmayo
So, I have this big gross compulsion to draw fan art for things quite often. I'm afraid I only have one doodle for the canon B7 universe at the moment - it's Servalan being all fabulous (possibly taking a selfie?) with Travis in the background. At the time I did it I didn't know there were two Travises... pffft.

i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/tekiclutch/sxt.jpg

The other things I've done so far are for this alternate universe I've been playing around with that is set in the 1920s... I've been calling it Blake's 1927, ahahah how embarrassing is that. I've done three of those so far and I will probably start one tomorrow with Blake and Jenna.

The first one I did was of Avon and Vila:

i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/tekiclutch/blakes%201927a.jpg

Then hey, it's an AU - I can draw whatever I want! Here's Gan and Dayna even though they never met in canon:

i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/tekiclutch/bl1927%20gan%20and%20dayna.jpg

And then there's the one I just finished about an hour ago for the same AU. Have an Orac:

i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/tekiclutch/orac1927.jpg

That's it for now. If I have anything new I'll probably post it to this thread. Hope you liked it!
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 28 January 2016 11:16:49

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
Travisina
I love 'Blake's 1927' especially the one with Gan and Dayna. How perfect that she's the one carrying the gun!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
Wonderful. Reminds me of the old Star Trek ep. Amok Time.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Very good! I'm not into 20s American crime culture, so was wondering if the characters' alternate versions created here are modelled on particular counterparts?
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

atomicmayo
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Very good! I'm not into 20s American crime culture, so was wondering if the characters' alternate versions created here are modelled on particular counterparts?

Oh no, there were no real-life counterparts - but it would be fun to look into it and maybe borrow bits and pieces from real-life historical figures if I did a comic or something like that. I was thinking of trying to do an AU version of the episode Gambit as a comic...

Most of the reason for doing this was I need practice with weapons and costuming. I actually have painfully little in the way of plot or anything for this AU at the moment! I had sort of a vague idea that the crew all were recent arrivals to a big city and they were all staying at the same hotel. (The Liberator Hotel? heh...)

The first thing that tends to pop into people's heads when they think American crime in the 1920s is prohibition and bootlegging, but I'd like to make it a red herring for something bigger if I ever get in-depth in to a storyline - considering what the canon characters were doing, illegally selling alcohol seems like kind of a step down! Anyway yeah, this was mostly just a way to draw things that I thought would look cool, but you never know...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Does the Liberator have a holodeck? That would be an interesting crossover/AU idea...

*runs and hides from the purists throwing large rocks...* Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

President Solvite
No please no... ST:TNG over used that idea way too much..

Great artwork though.. I think Brad don't you mean Piece of the Action? (One with the gangsters) Amok Time is when Spock is on heat! Pfft

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
BradPaula
Atomicmayo: You have a definite style and I love it. Please, don't be embarrassed, your talent is obvious. More please! And I love the 1920' era drawings too. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.Grin
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

atomicmayo
President Solvite wrote:

Great artwork though.. I think Brad don't you mean Piece of the Action? (One with the gangsters) Amok Time is when Spock is on heat! Pfft

Thanks! and man, I loved A Piece of the Action - the pinstripes! Kirk's inability to drive! XD Glorious. I should do a full re-watch of TOS someday. As for the holosuite thing yeah, I'd be more into something like time travel or a mass delusion or something if I wanted to put the canon characters in it. Ack that would lead to having to explain canon characters who have died. Simulations or something maybe...

RichardMk2
Very good pictures, atomicmayo!

President Solvite
I think deep in his head somewhere, during season D Avon sees himself as a gangster... Possibly Al Capone

Holding a 'bean shooter' whilst putting the heat on some load of 'patsies'..

Its a great concept..

Angry Angel
Great artwork, and I love the 20s theme! If you do ever work on more of a story for it, you don't need to both to explain it, just have the B7 characters in a 20s setting.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Travisina
Angry Angel wrote:
If you do ever work on more of a story for it, you don't need to both to explain it, just have the B7 characters in a 20s setting.

I agree. There's a great series of stories on AO3 - The Coffee Shop Liberator - which has all the B7 characters in a present day setting, running a coffee shop. Sounds like a bonkers idea, but it's brilliantly written and works really well.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

meegat39
Great artwork Atomicmayo and I also love the 20's theme. I loved Boardwalk Empire for it's 20's setting. Have you seen that? Just curious...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Anniew
Love these. You've done a particularly brilliant job with Avon's nose! And doesn't the series work well in an AU in 1920s gangsta land!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JustBrad
President Solvite wrote:

Actually I mean, The City On The Edge Of Forever.

President Solvite
Indeed another great TOS Trek episode..

In any case I now have a desire to watch some of these episodes..

Lurena
I love your style atomicmayo!
Isn't it great fun to explore the characters?
I'm looking forward to more of your artwork.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
atomicmayo
I just finished another one - Here's Soolin. This started out as a doodle with a palette of two colors and I got REALLY carried away with it - but I'm kinda happy with how it turned out!

I think she's at a crash site that turned into a memorial of some kind? (click for hi-res)

41.media.tumblr.com/f8869ae1dd4af67fdbb79232cec2243f/tumblr_nsr5g732o91uqi1nzo1_1280.jpg
Edited by atomicmayo on 28 January 2016 10:45:31

Spaceship Dispatcher
Very good Happy

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.68 seconds
9,925,405 unique visits since 8th January 2014