Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Out of the Unknown
Spaceship Dispatcher
The similarities with Time Heist are superficially clear all the way through, but keep the thought in mind in about half an hour...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Duggan is slug balancing...

LOL. At least he can grow one.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Don't some of these shots remind you of Blake's 7? Going down the stairs and running around at night?

Lol, yes! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Panna, I cannot answer your question very well. This episode in color in 1971 but I get the idea that this was a long running series, so some of it may be black and white. Maybe SD or TT could answer better.

BradPaula
Young Del Grant...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

LOL, that's a lot of help, gee thanks.

Maybe not, but I have seriously never watched television or videos online except what others share on Facebook so have no idea even how it works let alone where to find it.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Panna, I cannot answer your question very well. This episode in color in 1971 but I get the idea that this was a long running series, so some of it may be black and white. Maybe SD or TT could answer better.

Out of the Unknown ran for a couple of years in the 60s in black and white as a science fiction fantasy series, was cancelled and then was revived in colour in the 70s as a psychological and supernatural horror anthology.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Blimey Chadbon looks young...

26 years old here.

Crikey, he's older than I thought.

trevor travis
Dinner wolfed down... can mow comment a bit more.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Young Del Grant...

There are definite similarities, and of course this came first; I wonder if this role played a part in Tom becoming Grant eight years later?

Spaceship Dispatcher
The layout of this base and the set designs really work for me here, it does have a convincing feel about it.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Young Del Grant...

There are definite similarities, and of course this came first; I wonder if this role played a part in Tom becoming Grant eight years later?

Quite possibly, but it seems that once you were on Doctor Who, other directors would suggest you for Blake's 7. I'm thinking Michael Keating at the moment.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Young Del Grant...

Quite possibly, but it seems that once you were on Doctor Who, other directors would suggest you for Blake's 7. I'm thinking Michael Keating at the moment.

True enough. What was recorded first out of Countdown and City of Death? I only know they were both 1979...

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Young Del Grant...

Wasn't TC on B7 first?

trevor travis

BradPaula wrote:

Quite possibly, but it seems that once you were on Doctor Who, other directors would suggest you for Blake's 7. I'm thinking Michael Keating at the moment.[/quote
True enough. What was recorded first out of Countdown and City of Death? I only know they were both 1979...

Countdown five/six months before City Death.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Superb atmosphere of claustrophobia in this episode; imo it's the best of the colour episodes, although you might disagree after you have seen them all TT Grin *

*I know Paula will stand by Tom Grin

BradPaula
City of Death was transmitted September 29, 1979 and Countdown was transmitted March 6, 1979... hmmm seems Grant preceded Duggan.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Countdown five/six months before City Death.

Ah, so in that case it was more likely this that earned Tom the very similar role in Blake's 7.

trevor travis
Vere Lorrimer (director of Countdown) probably cast Chadbon.... I wonder if they worked on anything else together.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Soldiers confused by their orders and who is giving them was very topical, especially in the days when films like The Manchurian Candidate had raised issues of military brainwashing in the Cold War...
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 15 July 2015 20:01:48

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.73 seconds
9,088,088 unique visits since 8th January 2014