Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Is Soolin really dead?
No, she was only stunned No, she was only stunned 36%[5 Votes]
No, she had a cigarillo case in her pocket No, she had a cigarillo case in her pocket 7%[1 Vote]
No, she had a bar of soap from the Xenon Base shower room in her pocket No, she had a bar of soap from the Xenon Base shower room in her pocket 0%[0 Votes]
No, she’s alive and stowed away under TT’s stairs in Oxfordshire, England No, she’s alive and stowed away under TT’s stairs in Oxfordshire, England 21%[3 Votes]
No, she's alive, but for another reason (please specify) No, she's alive, but for another reason (please specify) 36%[5 Votes]
Total Votes : 14
 Print Thread
Is Soolin really dead?
trevor travis
So was everyone's favourite blonde gunslinger cut down in her prime on Gauda Prime, or did she survive? Vote now.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Injured, but the wound was non-fatal so she recovered okay after being rescued by Del Grant.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

rojkerr1
Shes dead dave, dead dave she is

Space Chopper
No, she's alive and stowed away under SC's stairs in Kent. (I wish...)
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Anniew
she's alive and living with Avon!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JustBrad
Didn't she return to Earth and become a detective?

Anyway, I heard she only faked her death to escape one particularly clingy stalking fan from Ogsfordshire.

sweevo
If we keep the possible conclusions in mind based on the evidence shown in the final episode (and consistency of the characters' personalities), then no, I don't think Soolin is dead. Dayna - yes. Tarrant would probably be alive but in a coma. Avon - not sure (he'd either be severely crippled, taken prisoner or dead). Vila - most likely injured or faking it to avoid being targeted. In my mind, Season 5 would have focused mainly on Vila and Soolin trying to rescue Avon for a change.

Spaceship Dispatcher
sweevo wrote:
Tarrant would probably be alive but in a coma...

Perfectly normal then, just quieter than usual.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
JustBrad wrote:

Didn't she return to Earth and become a detective?

Anyway, I heard she only faked her death to escape one particularly clingy stalking fan from Ogsfordshire.

Lol Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

What with TT's latest fic alluding to a Grant/Soolin relationship and now a mention of an Avon/Soolin one, there's some interesting ideas being thrown into the ring!

sweevo
It isn't implausible (I always thought Soolin was a female version of Avon), I have to admit - wouldn't surprise me if it crossed Avon's mind at one point.

dragonq
sweevo wrote:

If we keep the possible conclusions in mind based on the evidence shown in the final episode (and consistency of the characters' personalities), then no, I don't think Soolin is dead. Dayna - yes. Tarrant would probably be alive but in a coma. Avon - not sure (he'd either be severely crippled, taken prisoner or dead). Vila - most likely injured or faking it to avoid being targeted. In my mind, Season 5 would have focused mainly on Vila and Soolin trying to rescue Avon for a change.

I am not big on PGP scenarios, but I quite like the idea of Vila and Soolin getting together. I can certainly live without Tarrant and Dayna (and Dayna I fear, did look really shot); I am not sure how Soolin survives, however. Mainly, I want her to survive because I have a longstanding irritation that her character was really poorly developed.

Maybe, Big Finish can do a PGP Blake's 7 one day, which would certainly neatly solve the issue of Josette Simon's lack of interest in reprising Dayna. Dayna could be dead, and we could have Avon, Vila, Soolin, Tarrant and Del Grant to keep Paula happy.

Spaceship Dispatcher
dragonq wrote:

Maybe, Big Finish can do a PGP Blake's 7 one day...

They have, it's called Lucifer! Not all fans like it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Big Finish have even worked a continuity reference (retcon) into the Liberator Chronicles; I just can't remember which one/s...

Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

dragonq wrote:

Maybe, Big Finish can do a PGP Blake's 7 one day...

They have, it's called Lucifer! Not all fans like it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Big Finish have even worked a continuity reference (retcon) into the Liberator Chronicles; I just can't remember which one/s...

There's a mention in 'Logic' (LibChrons vol 5) about learning to speak Mandarin, and references to presidential palaces on the Moon / Mars (can't remember which - maybe both?) in 'President' (LibChrons vol 8). Both stories are by Simon Guerrier, who also gave us the Liberator's observation deck and other innovations...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

President Solvite
err. and a Warp Drive and a Bridge.. Sad

However despite these gaffes things do seem to improve on later offerings. (possibly due to comments here! Smile )

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
clanger68
Soolin's PGP fate.

With apologies to Monty Python fans.

Black Federation Guard: None shall pass.
Soolin: What?
Black Federation Guard: None shall pass.
Soolin: I have no quarrel with you, good Guard of the Federation, but I must cross this Command Centre.
Black Federation Guard: Then you shall die.
Soolin: I command you, as Queen of the Lady Gunslingers, to stand aside!
Black Federation Guard: I move for no man, or woman!
Soolin: So be it!
[sounds of gunfire ensues, with Soolin shooting off the left arm of the Guard.]
Soolin: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Black Federation Guard: Tis but a scratch.
Soolin: A scratch?! Your arm's off!
Black Federation Guard: No it isn't.
Soolin: Well what's that then? [Pointing to the Guard’s arm lying on the ground.]
Black Federation Guard: I've had worse.
Soolin: You liar!
Black Federation Guard: Come on then, you pansy! [Charges Soolin, who shoots the Guard’s remaining arm off.]
Soolin: Victory is mine! [kneels and Kisses her gun] We thank thee Lord of the Ammunition, that in thy-- [is kicked in the head by the armless Guard.]
Black Federation Guard: Come on then!
Soolin: What?
Black Federation Guard: Have at you! [Kicks Soolin]
Soolin: You are indeed brave, good Guard of the Federation, but the fight is mine.
Black Federation Guard: Oohh, had enough, eh?
Soolin: Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left!
Black Federation Guard: Yes I have.
Soolin: Look!
Black Federation Guard: Just a flesh wound. [Continues to kick and taunt Soolin]
Soolin: Stop that!
Black Federation Guard: Chicken! Moloch! Chicken!
Soolin: Look, I'll have your leg. [Recieves a very sharp kick] Right! [draws clip gun and shoots off one of the Guard's legs]
Black Federation Guard: Right! I'll do you for that!
Soolin: You'll what?
Black Federation Guard: Come here!
Soolin: What are you going to do, bleed on me?!
Black Federation Guard: I'm invincible!
Soolin: You're a looney.
Black Federation Guard: The Mighty Guard always triumphs! Have at you! Come on then. [Hopping on one leg towards Soolin]
[Soolin blasts his other leg off, leaving his body upright on the ground.]
Black Federation Guard: Alright, we'll call it a draw.
Soolin: Come, Avon!
Black Federation Guard: Oh, oh I see. Running away, eh?! You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!!
[Fade to black.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Travisina
LOL throughout, but especially:

clanger68 wrote:
Black Federation Guard: Chicken! Moloch! Chicken!

Grin Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
...disappointed there is no 'undead' option.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Anniew wrote:

What with TT's latest fic alluding to a Grant/Soolin relationship and now a mention of an Avon/Soolin one, there's some interesting ideas being thrown into the ring!

Grant seems to get around- Jenna, Dayna, Soolin... at least he has good taste...
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
TT, I love your polls, so funny. But to get serious for a moment, when you think of the tracking gallery scene in episode 52 you only see Blake covered in blood and his death, the others just seem to be hit and then fall to the floor unsullied. That has always let me to believe they were stunned on Servalan/Sleer's orders to interrogate and humiliate them to the rest of the galaxy as an object lesson. Also we know that Chris Boucher wrote the ending that particular way as to resurrect any or all actors who would have opted for a 5th series, had one been planned. So with no blood on any of the others save for Blake, they are all stunned in my opinion. I happen to like PGP stories and find it interesting how each author chooses which crew members to keep alive and which to let lie dead. Hey, Brad and I have done it ourselves- our magnum opus PGP with Avon, Vila, Jenna, Grant and a new Auron lady, Deena to continue on with the never-ending story. It's up to the individual to decide who died on GP.

As to your other choices, well done. I will cast a virtual vote so Soolin will be found alive and well under your stairs in deepest Ogsfordshire. Is Chadbon still in the garden shed? Must let him out for a breath of fresh air occasionally! Grin
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
9,128,381 unique visits since 8th January 2014