Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Oz - Dr Who: The Ark
trevor travis
Blimey, everything fixed within two episodes.... or is it?

Love the false ending, especially in the days where viewers had no idea how long stories were going to be.

trevor travis
Now THAT'S a great cliffhanger!!

trevor travis
Ah, a classic case of the Doctor leaving too early... the one-eyed Ringo Starrs are now in charge, thanks to a mutation of Dodo's cold.... whoops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

trevor travis
Really interesting idea.... a four-parter consisting of two two-parters.

trevor travis
Ah, they're invisible. Must have needed to save on the budget Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

The concept of having two separate stories that merely share a setting and the regular characters has always been one of the things I enjoy most about the serial; and as you point out, in the days before viewers knew everything in advance and two parters were not uncommon, the viewers might well have been surprised and captivated to experience a sequel adventure straight away. Probably less captivated by Jackie Lane in that one though, not a great start for her; happily it stays her weakest story as Dodo and things get a lot better from there on.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
I'm not a number, I'm a free Monoid!!

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

The concept of having two separate stories that merely share a setting and the regular characters has always been one of the things I enjoy most about the serial; and as you point out, in the days before viewers knew everything in advance and two parters were not uncommon, the viewers might well have been surprised and captivated to experience a sequel adventure straight away. Probably less captivated by Jackie Lane in that one though, not a great start for her; happily it stays her weakest story as Dodo and things get a lot better from there on.

Now completed all four episodes.

Hugely ambitious story. Not completely successfully done, but enough in there to keep it interesting, while the 2x2 split keeps the pace up much better than many other Hartnells.

Not sure whether to do the Gunfighters, or skip to War Machines 1 & 2.

In any case, time for a break....

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Even if you don't like the ballad or the humour, which was directed towards a genre of Western themed television shows that are very much in the past, it's also Jackie Lane's finest hour as Dodo; she really has a great time here and clicks with the guest cast better than in any of her other serials.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Even if you don't like the ballad or the humour, which was directed towards a genre of Western themed television shows that are very much in the past, it's also Jackie Lane's finest hour as Dodo; she really has a great time here and clicks with the guest cast better than in any of her other serials.

I don't massively dislike the Gunfighters (e.g. I rate it way above the Web Planet, the Space Museum or Planet Of Giants), but it's going to be difficult to take in just a single sitting. I might still do it, though Wink

The Ballad does lead to my fav moment in the serial... when "Don't Shoot The Pianist" appears on screen Grin Grin Grin

A real shame the Myth Makers doesn't exist.... that one is hilarious... well until the massacre at the end of it!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I don't massively dislike the Gunfighters (e.g. I rate it way above the Web Planet...)

You rate it above The Web Planet? That must put it in the top ten best Doctor Who stories of all time?! Happy

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

I don't massively dislike the Gunfighters (e.g. I rate it way above the Web Planet...)

You rate it above The Web Planet? That must put it in the top ten best Doctor Who stories of all time?! Happy

I hate Time And The Rani with a passion, and rate that above The Web Planet Grin Grin Grin

trevor travis
Time for a bit of a break... The Ark and Gunfighters DVD features Wink

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.29 seconds
9,837,915 unique visits since 8th January 2014