Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Hermit Library is Coming to AO3
aralias
The official announcement that Hermit Library would be moving to AO3 went up today. The import will start in a month to give any Hermit contributors time to either ask questions or request that their work not be imported.

http://transforma...coming-ao3

Peoples of Horizon - please spread the word to make sure that as many people as possible know of this, particularly if they're authors, but also because at some point the site will disappear (except in the WayBack Machine) and it's best to be prepared. I mention further down in this post that has been cross-posted quite a bit that we're shifting everything we can/that we have permission to shift onto other platforms, if possible - Judith says she's in discussion with Horizon to host the Sevenclopedia and other stuff, and the many of the reviews and zine listings are already on Fanlore, which is another OTW project.

The main post has answers to a lot of FAQs, but here are the most relevant points/some additional points:

1. Nobodyís work will be imported if they say no.
2. Nobodyís work will be imported if it is already on AO3!
N.B. If any mistakes are made regarding the above, and hopefully they wonít be, it will be a result of human error and a lot of similar files, etc. Point 3 then comes into immediate effect.
3. Authors can remove or ask for their work to be removed from AO3 at any point
4. Imported fics can either be linked to existing AO3 accounts, or not, as the author specifies (and fics can be backdated so they donít block your current fics)
5. Essays and filks will also be imported, with the same caveats above
6. The import will be done manually by humans
7. Hermit will be closed at some point because itís costing money, but before that Judith and I are trying to arrange that almost all content is archived either on AO3 or somewhere else that people will be able to access

My final point is not an answer to a question - itís a plea from me as a lover of Blakeís 7 fanfiction and fandom history, and someone who has recently taken their own medicine and uploaded a lot of late Ď90s Harry Potter fic they are vaguely ashamed of to the Archive:

Please, even if you are embarrassed by your old fic/donít think it accurately reflects the way youíd write now, do consider allowing your work to be imported. This will ensure it is preserved, and (even while Hermit exists) that it will be more searchable. Someone will enjoy your fic, however old it is. Possibly a lot of someones. If you have ever been frustrated to discover that a book you wanted to read was out-of-print, please consider how future fans may feel when they discover that they could once have read that Vila/Cally epic but now itís gone/inaccessible.

I also think itís important to represent how the fandom used to be. Only by learning from the past can we understand our present, etc.

Please also do consider uploading any of your zine fic that has never been on the internet to AO3! Iím very happy to help with that too.

Any questions, please let me know here or at

EDITED to make links clickable
Edited by aralias on 05 July 2015 16:20:00

Travisina
Hi aralias,

Thank you for the announcement and information (and welcome to Horizon, btw!). I can confirm that discussions are taking place with Judith for us to host the Sevencyclopedia and other non-fiction stuff.

I've made the links clickable, but the email address (hermitlibrary...) doesn't seem to work (takes me to my own Gmail log in page). Please could you repost it?

Thanks,

Travisina
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

blencathra
Thank you for the information about AO3 & the fiction library. Smile

I'm very much relieved to hear that discussions are underway to host the Sevencyclopedia etc here. It's one of my favourite sites on the internet and to lose it would have been heartbreaking.

Thank you all.

Edit - I thought I would add that although I'm no computer expert I would happy to help in any way I can.
Edited by blencathra on 04 July 2015 15:15:18

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:

I can confirm that discussions are taking place with Judith for us to host the Sevencyclopedia

That's an outstanding idea! Whoever thought of it is a genius.

aralias
@travisina. I've tried re the email address - hopefully it will work now. that's definitely the right address, so if worst comes to worst just copy and paste it into an email client.

@blencathra: If you want to be one of the humans who helps with the import. I don't think you need any computer skills for that.

blencathra
aralias wrote:

@travisina. I've tried re the email address - hopefully it will work now. that's definitely the right address, so if worst comes to worst just copy and paste it into an email client.

@blencathra: If you want to be one of the humans who helps with the import. I don't think you need any computer skills for that.

I can help with that if you like. Do you want me to PM you my e-mail address?

aralias
Yes! That would be great, thanks Grin

We can't start for a little while, as the OTW want to give people time to ask for their fics not to be imported (seems reasonable), but it would be great to have you lined up. Either that or you can email me straight at

blencathra
E-mail sent. Smile

Spaceresearcher
Terrific News. Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.26 seconds
9,812,710 unique visits since 8th January 2014