Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
July Fanfic Challenge
Hugbot
Duties of an Ace Pilot

It was one of those days when Blake got carried away by his own rhetorics.
‘We are fighting for independence’, he proclaimed, ‘for the independence of planets and the independence of the individual. Every world and every single person must have the chance to be free and to pursue their very own goals according to their preferences and abilities instead of being limited to the way of life that is forced upon them by the rigid pattern of the Federation’s class system. - Oh, by the way, Jenna, would you mind making a fresh batch of tea and fetching some biscuits from the galley?’

Travisina
Hugbot, that made me laugh out loud - just as well I hadn't yet taken a sip of coffee, that could have had unfortunate results!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Ooh Hugbot Travisina a challenge. I like it.

And Hugbot laugh out loud tea splutteringly funny and true! I'd love you to write Jenna's response given her obvious attraction to Blake and or Avon's response to being similarly ordered! ( though the latter might just be confined to a 'look'Wink
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Hugbot
Thank you, glad you liked it. It never occured to me that it was that funny.

Re the 1000-page System story: We may have a chat about that at RTPG3. Smile
Edited by Hugbot on 04 July 2015 13:00:14

Hugbot
Hair

Soolin shifted her weight to the balls of her feet so her heels would not betray her presence as she moved along the walkway. Her goal was in sight – but reaching it undetected was going to be tricky. The Bucol animal had turned its back towards her, but the sense of hearing was well developed in these genetically engineered beings.
It was no use to wait any longer. Any moment the creature could turn around and attack her with its horns. Soolin started to run. The walkway in the stables of Justin’s old laboratory complex was not very long, but the time it took her to cover the distance seemed like ages.
She caught the animal by surprise. Justin’s creatures were heavily built and very strong, but Soolin was trained in martial arts. It took her only a few seconds to overwhelm the hairy mass, throw it to the ground and secure it in the strong grip of her legs. With one hand she held down the massive head so that the creature could not use its horns against her, while with the other hand she reached for the device that was fastened to her belt.
Suddenly she had the feeling that the creature looked familiar. Could this really be Og? She had seen him being shot by Servalan’s mutoids, but obviously these creatures were far more robust than she had thought. Of course, it must be Og. The animals feared the stables and would not return to them, now that food was no longer availabe in here. Og had suffered more than the others, but he was also the most intelligent of the creatures. His curiosity had led him here. That came in handy for Soolin. This way, she had not to look for one of the animals out there in the wilderness.
Og groaned and trembled under her firm grip. Obviously he was fearing the same maltreatment to which Justin had subjected him. But she did not care about his feelings. After all, she had a job to do. In a swift motion, she unhooked the sheep shearing machine from her belt and set to work.

Pfft Pfft Pfft

‘Mission accomplished!’ Soolin emptied the contents of the big bag onto the table. Tarrant did not look convinced. With a doubtful expression on his face, he siftet through the mass of hair on the table.
‘Do you really think this will do the trick?’ he asked.
‘Let’s face it’, Soolin replied, ‘Avon gets grumpier and more unstable with every passing day. We just have to repair his teddy bear! And this is the best stuffing that you can get.’

Travisina
Wonderful, Hugbot - another fun and funny story.

I'm relieved the Solstice is over - it seemed to bring out everyone's dark side... now it seems that happy stories are back again!

Ellen York
Two great stories Hugbot. But I am glad I wasn't drinking my tea when I read the first one Smile And I hope Jenna gave Blake the answer he deserved. For an intelligent man, he can be really thick about some things.

Anniew
Awww Hugbot. Avon's Teddy resurrected. Lovely.. And I can't wait until RRTGP to talk stories with you.

BradPaula
Independent

He was an independent: probably because he loathed taking orders from others, but it had worked for him, suited him. He had run the show on nearly half a dozen planets and they were all free from Federation influence because of it. He had something to brag about, if that was his way, which it wasn't, so he didn't.

His latest planet in need- Albian, but this planet was different. Instead of a straight forward ground war the Federation had tried something new- a bomb. Not the typical run-of-the-mill explosive device, but a solium radiation explosive, which would kill off the population but save the infrastructure; a typical Federation tactic- things were more important than people. Well, that certainly wasn't the case with this man.

After a surprise raid on Central Control, the troops made it into the inner sanctum, although too late as the solium device had already been activated and the time started to tick by for the people of the planet. A general distress call went out and the last person he had ever expected to come stood facing him once again. Now was not the time for disputes of the past. The planet needed saving and it worked out that his one-time friend, now dreaded enemy, was to help him defuse the bomb.

Oh, they saved the planet together in the end. A last moment bit of heroics on Avon's part saved not only the planet but Grant's life as well- which made the mercenary think over the explanation Avon gave him while they still worked on the bomb. That prompted Grant to think about the memories of the days Avon and he were friends- good friends. It seemed to all hinge on Anna and both man's co-dependence on this one woman- his sister, Avon's lover. It seemed he'd never be rid of her memory, and a good thing that was as it made Grant reconsider his relationship with the man he wanted to kill. Perhaps it wasn't all Avon's fault. Perhaps the fault or at least a greater part of it lie with his sister? It was something to ponder in his down time... their co-dependence on one woman. Grant wanted to be independent as he often stated- and not hung up on things and people from his past. He suddenly wondered if Avon felt the same?

Next time, Avon. Next time we'll sit down and sort this all out, he promised himself, as he reached for the light and then turned on his side to try and sleep.
Edited by BradPaula on 07 July 2015 18:17:03
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
Wonderful, Paula!

meegat39
Agreed, it is wonderful. Hugbot your stories made me laugh!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Anniew
That's lovely Grant Paula. Spot on characterisation. Anyone would think you loved this character! I wasn't that keen until I joined the site but you and Big Finish have turned me into a true appreciator.

purplecleric
@ Hugbot - two very entertaining stories for this months challenges - thanks for the laughs - I'm wondering whether Jenna's reply to Blake would be suitable for Horizon's PG policy and what on Earth (or any other planet) a shorn Og would look like!

@ Paula - fabulous Grant introspection - like Carnell, Grant's one episode appearance certainly asks more questions than it answers...

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

I'm relieved the Solstice is over - it seemed to bring out everyone's dark side... now it seems that happy stories are back again!

Well, this IS Blake's 7

BradPaula
Payback Time
(Sequel to 'Busted' March 2015)

((With apologies to a dear friend- again))

Soolin shifted her weight to the balls of her feet so her heels would not betray her presence as she moved along the walkway. Her goal was in sight- but reaching it undetected was going to be tricky.

She looked around for an easy place to enter the abode. In the back of the house there was a window which had been left slightly open, probably for ventilation as it was a particularly warm night tonight. She slid the window up fully and silently climbed in. It was an Old Calendar house and not one she was at all familiar with, but she could understand the lay-out of it by the sink, refrigerator and stove placed in the small room. A kitchen. A genuine twentieth century kitchen. She shone her torch around and tip-toed out into the lounge and up the stairs. Orac had said her quarry would probably be there- hopefully fast asleep- if she was lucky. She crept up the stairs and onto the landing.

As she got her bearings she chose the door at the end of the corridor and silently moved up to it and listened for signs of occupation. She heard the faint sound of snoring and she knew she had the correct room. Soolin grabbed the door knob and silently twisted it open. It was warm up there too, and she saw the window fully open and the drapes fluttering in the summer breeze with pale moon-shine coming into the room. Below the window was a bed with an occupant inhabiting it. The sheets were thrown about as the person was obviously warm and in no need of a cover in the heat. She crept up near the bed and watched the man for a moment. So, this was the person who Tarrant and Dayna caught in the shower room of Scorpio base a few months back. Some poor soul named Trevor Travis, or Trent, something like that. This was the creep who wanted to catch her and photograph her while taking a shower there. Well, I'll see to that, Soolin thought disgustedly.

She set about putting her plan into action. She had a small pack slung on her back and she removed a shallow bowl from it and placed it on the bed beside the sleeping form. She then carefully took his arm at the wrist and placed his hand into the bowl. A broad grin played across her face as she took the canteen slung around her shoulder and poured a good measure of warm water over the offending hand and into the bowl. A moan of disturbed slumber issued from Trevor Travis' mouth as the water cascaded over his hand, but he did not wake. Soolin hurriedly screwed the top onto the canteen and pushed it around to her back. One last satisfied look down at her target and she left the room, retraced her steps, climbed out of the kitchen window and into the back garden and onto the walkway once again. She looked up at the bedroom window for a moment and mouthed, “That will teach you for trying to get a photo of me taking a shower!” She walked around the side of the house and bringing her wrist up to her mouth, asked for teleportation back to the ship. She suddenly shimmered and was gone, her cackle of amusement fading away into the night. She'd have to be nicer to Orac in future, as he had worked out a way to go back in time and help her get even with her biggest admirer.

Upstairs, Trevor Travis stirred. He was jolted out of his slumber by the unwelcomed feeling of wetness in his bed. As he awoke fully he knocked over the bowl of water and it fell to the floor, soaking into the carpeting. What the heck was going on, he wondered, still half asleep. As he turned on his bedside lamp, he saw some writing on the bureau mirror. He walked over to it and read the message scrawled in bright red lipstick. It read, “Next time, TT, you'll be looking down the barrel of my gun. Don't attempt to teleport to Xenon base again. - S (the object of your misguided affections)." In spite of the cruel joke and soaked bed and floor, TT smiled. Soolin had been in his bedroom! Sigh.
Edited by BradPaula on 07 July 2015 18:24:42

Travisina
Another bright and funny story - I laughed out loud.

July should be renamed 'Jolly' Smile

Lorna
I have just got back from a weekend away. I have quickly read the stories on this thread. Well done everyone. Lots of laughs!!!

trevor travis
Haha - brilliant Paula Grin Grin

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

Haha - brilliant Paula Grin Grin

Thank you everyone. I am glad you are laughing, TT, as I'd never want to hurt any of my closest friends, but the story just seemed to spill forth from my diseased brain and I had it pretty much as a whole in minutes. It would be a shame not to share it with the rest of our friends. You can knock me over the head with a Welsh street sign when we meet at RTGP3- the first swing is free. After that.... watch out! GrinGrin

JustBrad
This turned out to be far longer than the requested 500 words, so I'll post it in two parts. Stay tuned for part two later this month.

Independence.

“Welcome to Morphaniel. Papers, please.” The stern facade of the custom's officer broke as he looked up from his computer terminal into the wide, moist eyes of a beautiful blonde woman in tight brown leathers.

Her fretful expression seemed ready to break into tears at any moment. The woman blinked and sniffed in distress. “I lost them. I lost everything on the hospital ship, but… but I know my Federation Citizenship Number if that will help.”

“Of course. Name and Citizenship number, please.”

She sniffed again and wiped her eyes. “Hanna, 53187161.”

The custom’s official keyed in the numbers. His brow furrowed. “Checks out, but some of the data is corrupted. That’s odd. I’m afraid I’ll have to ask you to…”

The woman burst into tears. “I knew it. I just knew it. I’ve lost everything, my credits, my ident card, my family wiped out in the alien attack, I was just trying to get back to them, and now you think I'm a criminal. I never should have left Space City and moved to the rim.”

The custom’s official put on a forced smile. “Space City? Well that explains it. Your files were probably hacked. Their administration is crooked as two corkscrews.”

“I know,” she blubbed. “I live there… used to live there. I can't go back. I can't go anywhere. What am I going to do?”

“Well officially...” The customs officer let his eyes linger on her ample curves and beautiful face. He swallowed to find his voice. “Tell you what. I’ll print you a new ident card, pop a new picture into the database, and restore the corrupted file. You’ll be good as new, able to book passage off this planet, access your bank account, and get work.”

Her worried frown melted in a smile of relief. “Oh, thank you so much. I wish I could repay you.”

In a few moments the custom’s officer handed over the new ident card. He licked his lips and sighed. Damn, those leathers were tight. Even with her shoulders hunched and tears in her eyes she was a vision of loveliness. “I...shouldn't say this, but I get off work in a couple hours.”

She smiled. “I can't wait. It's so nice to see one friendly face.” She slunk away, shoulders hunched, head down, her eyes darting to every stranger who crossed her path.

As soon as the woman turned a corner, her posture changed. She walked tall, the moisture left her eyes. Her pace quickened. She laughed to herself. “I’d forgotten how good I am at wrapping idiots around my little finger. Maybe I should have tried it more often the last couple of years.”

She stopped at a bank terminal, popped her new ident card in, and withdrew five hundred credits. She smiled at the card as she tucked it away. “Thank you, Orac, for the false identity and the fake bank account.”

She found a knot of travelers near a gate and joined them to avoid looking suspicious. She watched the toilets, counting heads, who went in, who came out. When she was sure the ladies was vacant, she walked in and locked the door behind her. “Zen, come in, this is Jenna. Do you read?”

The only response was the crackle of static. Jenna frowned at the bracelet.

“All right, let’s see what I can do on my own. This is a space port. There must be someone here who needs something smuggled in or out.”

To Be Continued...

Edited by JustBrad on 08 July 2015 05:50:07

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.67 seconds
9,155,163 unique visits since 8th January 2014