Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 1
Joe Dredd

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
July Fanfic Challenge
littlesue
Anniew wrote:

And Hugbot...tut tut. I've just reread your comment about the preface.
Detailing that cut scene has never ever entered my head; nor Lurena's, nor Meegat's, nor PC's, or Anniew's.....................Grin

Oh Little Sue. How often have I thought about it! I've just never allowed myself to put those naughty thoughts on paper!

Of course, the other cut scene was from Rumours...when our favourite computer expert said he was going to get cleaned up (after those few nasty days with the Fed interrogators)......now, where's that keyboard????
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
@ Ella - that's a lovely little vignette for Gan. I've become fonder and fonder of him as the years have gone by. I remember he came very near the bottom in an old Horizon poll of fave characters - it's such a shame that David Jackson is no longer around to see how much better his character is appreciated these days.

@ Littlesue and Lurena - good story, lovely artwork!

@ everyone who said nice things about 'Dependants' - thank you!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Travisina
Another one just in under the wire!

Soolin shifted her weight to the balls of her feet so her heels would not betray her presence as she moved along the walkway. Her goal was in sight – the observation platform - but reaching it undetected was going to be tricky.

She risked a quick look behind her, and down. Nobody was following her yet. Her instinct had been correct – lose the gun, get up and away from street level as quickly as possible. When the body was found, the search for his assailant would begin in the bar, the alleyway, the nearby streets. People tend to look around, not upwards.

The bar had been crowded, her target more than willing to follow her out into the alleyway. He hadn’t recognised her – why would he associate the terrified eight-year-old child with the woman she had become? He leered at her, one hand reaching for her waist, the other at his crotch. "You're a pretty one - not like those painted hags in there. You must be new to this town." She had drawn her gun and pulled the trigger before he even realised what was happening.

She left him propped up against the wall. A casual glance would show another drunk passed out in the alley; only up close would you see the unnatural tilt of his head, the dark hole in his throat. She dropped her gun through a half-open drain cover, listening until she heard the splash as it hit the sewage channel below. Good luck to anyone wanting to find the murder weapon. Then she climbed swiftly up the exterior metal stairs, higher and higher, until she was able to swing herself over the handrail on to a walkway that connected the roof of this building to its neighbours.

A network of walkways bridged the buildings at roof level, others formed graceful arches over the city's parks and gardens. The observation platform was the point at which the public walkways converged; popular with sightseers during the day, deserted by night. She could hide there until morning, while she decided what to do next. Having achieved her long planned revenge, she now felt both elated and depressed. She hadn’t thought beyond killing her final target; she had no further goal. She set off towards the platform, trusting the noise of the city to mask her footsteps.

Distant sounds floated upwards; shouting, then sirens. Ah, he's been found. That was quick. His associates must have missed him and gone in search. She leaned over the handrail, trying to see what was going on.

“I wouldn’t do that, if I were you. It’s a long way down.”

She whirled round at the sound of the voice. A man in scruffy overalls stood behind her, his hands on his hips. “I’ve been watching you,” he said. “Admiring your skill with a gun.”

“I threw it away.” She now regretted ditching her weapon. Her back was pressed against the rail, she had nowhere to run.

“Too bad.” Unlike other men, the stranger made no attempt to get closer to her. His voice was calm, even amused. “I think I'd like to hire you.”

“Hire me? As what?” Her voice was ice.

“Bodyguard. Assistant. Company - I get bored, talking to myself. In exchange, you get free passage off this world, a new gun and a fresh purpose. That's got to be better than...” he waved his hand downward at the street, where the entrance to the alleyway was now crowded with uniformed figures and casual spectators. My flyer is over there -” he turned and pointed to a wide, flat rooftop where she could see a small craft outlined against the sky.

“Not in an official hangar?”

“Do I look official?”

Soolin considered. The stranger hadn't tried to touch her, to threaten her or to turn her over to the authorities. He was obviously engaged in some sort of illegal activity. That suited her fine. “Alright,” she said, “I'll sell you my skill.”

“Good.” He smiled and held out a hand. “The name’s Dorian.”

She stepped forward and shook it formally. “Dorian what?”

“Just Dorian. What's yours?”

“Soolin.”

“Soolin what?”

“Just Soolin.”

He smiled. “I think we're going to get on very well.”

Soolin smiled back, and allowed him to link his arm through hers as they walked together towards his ship.

Anniew
She shoots. She scores. Great explanation of how she and Dorian came together. between Us all I reckon we've filled in Soolin's back story nicely. I love the description of the walkways and also that you had Dorian hanging around them like the disreputable Mr Hyde he is looking for companionship! But watta mistaka to maka! By Soolin I
Mean
(that took me ages to wri Autocue has NO sense of humour). Can I write this piece from Dorians PoV. It gave me an idea!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

littlesue
Anniew wrote:

She shoots. She scores. Great explanation of how she and Dorian came together. between Us all I reckon we've filled in Soolin's back story nicely. I love the description of the walkways and also that you had Dorian hanging around them like the disreputable Mr Hyde he is looking for companionship! But watta mistaka to maka! By Soolin I
Mean
(that took me ages to wri Autocue has NO sense of humour). Can I write this piece from Dorians PoV. It gave me an idea!

You've got 2 and a half days!!!

Just love the story Travisina. Beautifully written.

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

Can I write this piece from Dorians PoV. It gave me an idea!

Yes, please - go for it!

And thanks for the nice comments Smile

Hugbot
Ellen, it is an honour to be deemed worthy of providing inspiration for another work of fiction - in particular for such a gem as your little Gan story! First, the sentence about Gan faking attention and his talkative sisters had me in stitches, then you so vividly painted Gan's background, and finally you closed on a brilliant punch line. So short and yet so rich!

@Travisina: A great idea to show Soolin's revenge and her first encounter with Dorian as a single event, and so beautifully written! I especially loved the descriptions of the future town and the balance between the grim tale of revenge and the sophisticated 'no surnames' dialogue. (Seems to me like an antithesis to James Bond - 'My name is Gray ... Dorian Gray.')

BradPaula
Great story, Travisina. I am loving how we are slowly building up a sort of back story for all the characters and circumstances which were not fleshed out in the original series. This has been a labor of love and very much fun waiting anxiously for people to post their little stories. Thank you!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Inspired in part by the earlier entry by Travisina describing Jenna's relationship with Zen...

Independant

Ted rested his paw on the controls and immediately felt a connection with the ship’s own consciousness fizzle through his soft brown fur. He was sat on the console of course, as he would not be able to reach any of the controls from sitting on the chair. The lights on the far wall flashed on and off, and he felt in his foam a question from the computer that the cute blonde lady had called Zen; she never picked him up and cuddled him despite the fact that’s what he always wanted. Every time she popped her head into Avon’s cabin he stared longingly up at her from the pillow, but she never even noticed him and always just turned and went out again. What course should they set, asked the computer? Ted had no idea! Where would a space-teddy want to go? Where there were more soft bears? Perhaps where he could find lots of honey? Bears were supposed to like honey, he knew that much. He settled on choosing somewhere he knew Avon wanted to go instead. Space Command HQ, where Avon could meet up with the woman he always talked about when he didn’t know Ted was listening – the Servalan lady! Maybe she would want to cuddle him even if Jenna didn’t want to. The directions given, Ted jumped off the console and bounced on the floor before heading back to Avon’s cabin before he woke up…
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

purplecleric
I leave the thread for a few days to concentrate on my fics and come back to another furry of creativity. Boy! You guys set the bar high...

@Larasue - like Hugbot, I thought we were heading into dodgy territory with this one. Instead I was treated to a poignant 'behind the scene' moment and possibly Lurena's best illustration yet.

@Ellen - I'm so glad you plucked up the courage to join in - your pieces are getting more and more delightful each month. What a lovely look at Gan - his simple pragmatism is endearing.

@Travisina - I've always wondered how Dorian & Soolin met. Your version fits them so well, in my mind it's now canon!

@SD - your mind takes such unexpected turns! A mind meld between Ted & Zen... set course for cuteness overload.

purplecleric
Thaw

Soolin shifted her weight to the balls of her feet so her heels would not betray her presence as she moved along the walkway. Her goal was in sight – but reaching it undetected was going to be tricky. Stealth came naturally to her; killing efficiently required control and concentration, a heightened awareness of her surroundings and the rapid recalculation as circumstances changed. Yes, it was tricky but she had the skills.

The next stage was difficult but she was intelligent, observant and dexterous. Her nimble fingers worked in mimicry of the actions she had seen Vila perform and soon the prized object was in her grasp.

Now for the third stage of the operation. Naturally laconic with an icy intimidating manner meant she was rarely subject to idle questioning. She thought she saw Avon’s eyes narrow momentarily as she dismissed her late arrival with a flippant comment.

The return to Xenon Base seemed longer than the outward journey and twice she made an excuse to check the cargo, to check the crate that concealed her stolen prize. It was with a dry mouth and a racing pulse that she performed her final duties with perfunctory care and escaped, at last, to the solitude of her cabin.

Perhaps her hand trembled as she withdrew the treasure from the bag, perhaps her eyes misted as she gazed upon its beauty. Perhaps she sighed as her hand curled around its familiar shape and her fingers touched soft natural bristles and heirloom silver inlaid with semi-precious stones.

If so, she did not notice. A cold, ruthless killer looked into the mirror and stroked the antique brush through her hair. A little girl looked back; an innocent with a song in her soul, wonder in her mind and love in her heart. A little girl whose mother brushed her hair every night before bed.

purplecleric
The War for Independence

Blind, deaf and dumb, hopelessly numb,
He lived a regular, Federated lie.
The drug dome shattered, revealing their plight
Eyes opened, the Messiah saw the light.
Renewed, reborn, a damned trinity:
Blake, the Cause, a quest for Liberty.

The Cause brightly burned, all rightly yearned
Of the dreams that would make them more.
One by one they were drawn, moth-like they fluttered,
Ignited by the sparks of the passion he uttered.
Seven knights sailed the heavens of sin,
Crusading, believing in him.

Trust me, he taught. Loyalty, he wrought
As with gossamer and steel he bound them.
They blazed and battled til one died for the Cause.
Martyr or sacrifice? Guilt inside him gnaws,
Twisting into hate
And a burden too great.

The Father now gone, time for another to don
The mantle that - once holy - fits poorly.
The Son, in silken strands tangled,
Fights and strains, morality mangled.
He walks tall, talks tough
Knows he’s not good enough.

The soul-less wail, the red ghastly veil
And the soldiers of darkness gathered.
The broken Cause bloodied the ground
Straddled by Lucifer - now crowned.
Avon smiled. At last he could see:
Only in death are all men free.
Edited by purplecleric on 29 July 2015 23:51:51

Travisina
purplecleric wrote:

I leave the thread for a few days to concentrate on my fics and come back to another furry of creativity...

Typo or apt description of SD's Ted story?! Grin

littlesue
SD, PC
I've just gone from one end of the spectrum to the other...all in 5 mins.
Humour, with Avon's teddy; sadness with Soolin's memories reflected in an antique mirror and then the explosive finale...the whole of B7 wrapped up in a brilliant few verses.
What will August bring from the very talented members of this forum?

Travisina
Two fantastic entries from Purplecleric. Beautiful insight into Soolin, the last line brought me to tears.
And hardly had I recovered from that when your poem reduced me to more.

trevor travis
LOSS OF INNOCENCE

Soolin shifted her weight to the balls of her feet so her heels would not betray her presence as she moved along the walkway. Her goal was in sight – but reaching it undetected was going to be tricky.

She had to somehow get across the hall area without being seen. She felt the comfort of the gun in her hand.

And she reflected on the events that had brought her here.

Soolin stirred in her bed. Had she heard something?

“Mummy? Daddy?”, she called out.

Then she heard something else. There were booted feet moving towards her room. Soolin grabbed her doll tightly. She was frightened and she hid underneath her bed.

The door opened, the light was switched on, and Soolin saw two sets of boots. Boots that did not belong to her parents.

She heard two men talking. “Doesn’t seem to be anyone in here? I thought I heard a voice, McGowan.”

“You’re too jumpy, Beale. Looks like a child’s room. I reckon the little blighter escaped out of that open window, when they heard the gunshots going off. In any case, a small kid is not going to be a problem. We’ve dealt with the issue. The farmers are dead, the miners can move in, and we’ll get a healthy reward.”

The boots disappeared from Soolin’s view. She waited several minutes, to be sure the men had gone. And then she ran to her parent’s room as quickly as her legs would take her.

She saw her father first. He was laid over the top of her mother. Soolin guessed he had tried to shield her from the bullets. It hadn’t worked. Both of them were dead and there was blood everywhere.

Soolin sat in the corner and sobbed. She let go of her doll, which dropped to the floor. She never picked it up again.

And then she remembered those names… McGowan and Beale.

Six years of planning. Six years of infiltrating McGowan and Beale’s operations. Ironically McGowan had shown her how to handle a gun. He was very good, very quick. She was soon better.

McGowan and Beale had four other partners in crime. All had recently been shot in mysterious circumstances. No-one suspected a 14-year-old girl. Murders were commonplace on lawless Gauda Prime.

She was in luck. One of the men in the hallway received a message through a walkie-talkie and they moved off elsewhere. She checked the way was clear, and dashed from the walkway across the open hall. She reached the door and typed in the code: 54124.

The hydraulic door opened with a whoosh and McGowan and Beale came storming through the gap. Together with Soolin, they ran for cover, knowing full well that the guards would have heard the door open.

The ensuing battle was a mismatch. McGowan and Soolin were the best shots on the planet, and Beale wasn’t too shabby either. It wasn’t long before all the guards were dead and they found the strong room. It was a huge, cavernous chamber, with precious stones scattered in several large piles on the floor.

“Let’s take a look at our bounty”, cooed Beale. He eyed a diamond – it was beautiful. They’d really hit the jackpot this time. He was distracted and started to fantasise what this kind of wealth could bring.

Suddenly he had a sound behind him. He whirled around too late. Soolin had already shot him. He fell down dead, with a look of surprise on his face.

It was all part of her plan to shoot the unsuspecting Beale first. McGowan was the real mastermind, and was the one who’d taught her. And she wanted to show him she was better.

In a flash, he went for his gun. It wasn’t soon enough, as Soolin shot his arm, and his weapon was thrown from his hands.

McGowan had sunk to his knees and was in agony, but still alive. She didn’t want him dead…. yet.

“Why?”, he asked.

“Remember the people you shot dead on the farm in North Way six years ago.” He nodded. “Those were those my parents. You took away my childhood when I was eight years old and turned me into a killer."

“Christ!” McGowan was no fool and realised he was talking for his life. “Listen Soolin, I’ve been like your father the last six years. I’ve taught you so much. So many young girls on this planet end up in prostitution or worse. I saved you from all that.” He gasped at the blood seeping from his arm. “That was some shot”, he said almost in admiration. “Look, we need to wrap this wound quickly, or I’ll die from the blood loss.”

Soolin moved closer to the man on his knees. She kicked his gun away; she realised he was still a threat, even in an vulnerable state.

She stood above him and pointed her gun at his head. “Beg for your life, McGowan.”

He looked her straight in the eye. “Oh, my dear little Soolin. Look, I’m genuinely sorry that it was your parents. But this is Gauda Prime. It’s dog eat dog, you know that.”

She shot him straight through the forehead.

“Indeed it is”, she said as she walked away from the body.

She left Gauda Prime as soon as she could. She couldn’t possibly carry all the jewels, but she took more than enough diamonds to get her off the planet. She soon found there was often a market for someone with her gun skills, especially after the slightly gawky 14-year-old grew into a beautiful young woman. And then she met Dorian. It was a strange partnership, but then again, Soolin had led a pretty strange life. And it would get all the more stranger the day she met Avon and the others.

“Soolin was taught by the best”, stated Dorian to Avon.

Soolin corrected him. “The second best, actually”.

Dorian laughed that slightly insane laugh. She stayed cool about most things, but that laugh slightly unsettled her at times. “Oh, of course you killed him didn't you? He was one of the men responsible for the death of her family. She killed all the others too. She's a formidable enemy.”

One part of Soolin’s life was about to finish, and a new chapter was about to begin.
Edited by trevor travis on 30 July 2015 08:57:20

littlesue
Travisina wrote:

Two fantastic entries from Purplecleric. Beautiful insight into Soolin, the last line brought me to tears.

I think we need a 'tears' grade...how many boxes of tissues required for instance.

littlesue
@TT
That fits in so well with Travisina's Dorian/Soolin story.
And now we have Soolin's doll to think about...and her hairbrush...plus Avon's teddy.
I wonder what any newcomers must think reading these stories.
They will be very puzzled by a certain rather nice computer expert having a cuddly toy! But its on the DVDs (in the bloopers mind you) so it must be true!Grin

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:

@TT
That fits in so well with Travisina's Dorian/Soolin story.

It guess it does, but it's a coincidence, I thought of my story several weeks ago.

Apart from the flashback to 8-year-old Soolin, the rest of it got a complete rewrite yesterday, because I didn't think the original premise (Soolin sneaking into McGowan and Beale's base and shooting them) was strong enough.

Lurena
littlesue wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I think we need a 'tears' grade...how many boxes of tissues required for instance.

Good suggestion!
Do we need a separate one for the tears of laughter then?

I'm so impressed by the wealth of stories, all evoking the whole range of emotions.
Wonderful contributions Purplecleric!
And very entertaining Soolin story TT!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.83 seconds
9,876,420 unique visits since 8th January 2014