Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 1
sweevo

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Who was on the Liberator before Blake's Crew?
Coser
I must say that I hadn't considered this point before, but now .............. now I have a headache!

I don't believe that the System, if a separate entity to the Andromedans, would have had precious metals as jewellery or clothing for purposes of trade. Any planet technologically advanced to be worth trading with would certainly not fall for the "Here's a couple of bucks, now give me Manhattan" ploy, they would want examples of the System technology. [Look at how many people wanted to get their hands on that teleport system after all.] Less developed civilisations would not have anything that would be able to stop the 'then' crew of DSV2 just taking what they wanted.

I just don't see a civilisation willing to take those clothes in exchange for anything - unless the System had missed the pick-up date and were now having to take everything that the computers had declared "Last Season" to the intergalactic charity shop.

Precious metals would not have been as jewellery, this depends on taste. They would surely have been of solid bars of known content and mass.

However, that only applies if you believe that the goods were going out from the System. If the Liberator was on the way back ............... anything goes. This could have been a part of a project run by the System - on behalf of itself, or for the Andromedans, - to catalogue every civilisation. This would account for the wide variety of clothing and the presence of jewellery. they were on their way back to the System to be catalogued, from where the metals would have been sorted and added to their own stocks, the clothing either destroyed or turned into something useful - even if that's only energy.
"Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…then all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars." Commander sinclair, Babylon 5.

daro2096
I like the pirates were in control of the Liberator prior to the space battle the London encounters idea. That would explain the clothes room and the strong room containing all the money and precious stones and jewels.

Maybes the space battle the London encountered was two fleets of Liberators? One side all controlled by escaped slaves who had become space pirates and the other side controlled by the System. The ship London finds is the only surviving ship the rebels controlled.

Just an idea.

BradPaula
I never understood why there was human-sized clothing and vast amounts of currency and gems on Liberator given how the System operated its world. Look at the Altas in the control room - probably a hybrid human-machine mix, and the slaves- so the only conclusion I came to was that pirates, or something very near had somehow taken over the ship previous to Blake and co. and filled it with their booty. They could have been involved in that war that the London picks up when they encounter Liberator, and were forced to abandon ship without taking their belongings.

The only other thing would be that the System took out the DSV for some reason or other- trade, war, whatever, and stocked the ship with human items they thought they would need. It makes sense for the money but the clothing? And by the description Avon gives, there is currency and gems from all over the Universe and in vast amounts. That does not jive with pirates, but what other explanation was given? None. Perhaps we just weren't supposed to be discussing and taking apart Blake's 7 after nearly 40 years...? LOL
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.21 seconds
9,497,846 unique visits since 8th January 2014