Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Big Finish continuing to diversify
dragonq
I see Big Finish has just announced a new series about River Song. I'm fond of her character, but what with this, Torchwood, the Third Doctor and a gazillion other releases I am really afraid that Blake and co are going to get pushed further and further down their agenda.

blencathra
Being a fan of River Song, I was really pleased with the new Big Finish releases announced yesterday. However, I do feel a tad worried about the Blake's 7 range. I did notice that Cavan Scott (he's the BF B7 producer isn't he?) doesn't seem to have anything to do with these new announcements, so he's free (hopefully). I also noticed that on the BF podcast they mention Blake's 7 second, after Doctor Who, of the ranges they produce. So... I dunno. I'm trying to be patient and not worry too much!

My major concern is how on earth I'm going to pay for it all.

BradPaula
I think we have a reason now for the delay in the Blake's 7 audios- Torchwood and now the addition of River Song in the 8th Doctor audios. At least I am hoping that was the delay.

Even though I am missing the frequency of discs in the Blake's 7 range, I think we had quite a number of them - 46 I think- and that was quite a glut if you ask me- and not all of us have caught up getting the discs, so perhaps a bit of time before the next set of audios will work out well? I can only hope.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

dragonq
Yes, I have a bit of a backlog of BigFinish stories to listen to as well, and others I would like to hear again. My main concern is not the delay so much as the fear that they might find their new Doctor Who stuff more profitable and more interesting. There must be a limit to their output, and there are an awful lot of new stories on their schedules at present. I would be sorry if the series ended. I would also genuinely like to see them do something with Soolin, who as a late-arriving character was very badly served by the scripts for the final series. And given David Jackson's death, and Josette Simon's ongoing lack of interest, I would like to think they could recast the parts of Dayna and Gan. Both roles have already been played by other actors, and there is a precedent with the Peter Tuddenham parts.

blencathra
My fondest hope is that the silver-tongued wizards at Bg Finish are delicately negotiating for the rights to the Scorpio etc. After all, if they can persuade Tom Baker to come back to Doctor Who then they can do almost anything.

I too would be really really disappointed if the series comes to an end. But hopefully no news is good news. Ever the optimist! Grin

Ela
blencathra wrote:

Being a fan of River Song, I was really pleased with the new Big Finish releases announced yesterday. However, I do feel a tad worried about the Blake's 7 range. I did notice that Cavan Scott (he's the BF B7 producer isn't he?) doesn't seem to have anything to do with these new announcements, so he's free (hopefully). I also noticed that on the BF podcast they mention Blake's 7 second, after Doctor Who, of the ranges they produce. So... I dunno. I'm trying to be patient and not worry too much!

My major concern is how on earth I'm going to pay for it all.

You're not the only one!

I went whole hog on the last Blake's 7 sale. Then I went whole hog on the Bernice Summerfield sale.

I'm on a Big Finish spending moratorium for now...Until the next sale. Pfft

dragonq
I've tended to buy things as they go on sale. If you keep an eye on the website, you can get older releases ver cheaply.

Ela
Yes, indeed. I check the site regularly for news and to see if anything I've been wanting is on sale.

Gauda Cheese
I check daily for the B7 news. BF doing NuWho characters is good for them, but nothing I care for.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.25 seconds
9,833,535 unique visits since 8th January 2014