Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Not seeing images on main page
clareblues1
Hi there...I may be going loopy, but when I log into Horizon on my laptop I'm not seeing the blue button image things on the front page...yet I do see them when I log in on my Dad's computer. As far as I know we're using the same browser settings, I.E. 10...it may just be an issue with my laptop...but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks Smile
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

President Solvite
Sounds like a security setting on your IE..

Probably have certain elements disabled.

If you wish to remain using IE can you provide an image of both situations? Is it the buttons that indicate unread topics?

That might help clarify matters.

Personally I'd recommend using Chrome or Firefox, both are better browsers than IE (even 11)

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
President Solvite
Just tested my IE 11, it works fine

Try running in compatibility mode? As per the suggestion with regards smileys. Maybe your Dad's machine has something like that set.

Or maybe 'enable images' in advanced options

clareblues1
I'll have to see if I can track down the setting that might be responsible, but here's a screen cap of what I mean...

i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab156/clareblues1/Horizon1_zps5405ba71.png

i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab156/clareblues1/Horizon2_zps9f7e1a4a.png

I just get a blank space where I know there are some images...oddly enough they do appear for about a 10th of a second and then disappear, so they may be being blocked by something on my laptop. Heavens knows what though!

EDIT: Just tried compatibility view and that's cured it...hmmm...very strange...
Edited by clareblues1 on 17 January 2014 18:54:44

President Solvite
Ahh good,

I was about to suggest

i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/phantomdennis/clare_zps0f420cb5.png

Check images and placeholders are enabled - accessed via settings and then the advanced tab..

IE is basically a duff browser, whilst Chrome and Firefox aren't perfect their respective developers do a better job of coding than the guys at Microsoft

Might be worth checking if there are any updates to apply. But on the other hand if it 'ain't broke'.....

clareblues1
Just looked at those settings and box ticks are ticked...but no images show without compatibility view on...tried on and off to test...still if that cures it...easy enough to do.

There's probably more bugs in software than we've had hot dinners combined! LOL

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.97 seconds
9,141,828 unique visits since 8th January 2014