Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 1
Travisina

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Oz - Dr Who: The Time Meddler
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I think a scene showing the bloody death of the Vikings no longer exists.

Yes, I'm sure that's right.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
I love the fact the Dcotro leaves a letter for the Monk.

trevor travis
The book has the Monk travelling down to Hastings (too late), and then returning several months later to read the letter.
Edited by trevor travis on 28 June 2015 10:41:10

Spaceship Dispatcher
It would be nice to see a pure historical story again, maybe a Scottish setting with Peter Capaldi being the lead.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
SD, I'm going to go as soon as this finishes, so thanks for the company.

Absoutely cracking tale, with brilliant writing, direction and acting.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

The book has the Monk travelling down to Hastings (too late), and then returning several months later to read the letter.

Oh, that's interesting! It fits that he doesn't give up that easily, and also explores the Doctor's weakness of often walking away too soon.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

SD, I'm going to go as soon as this finishes, so thanks for the company.

Absoutely cracking tale, with brilliant writing, direction and acting.

Good to be able to share 3 and 4, so thank you!

Spaceship Dispatcher
The Monk looking in through the door of his Tardis is a really good special effect!

Spaceship Dispatcher
And that's the end of season 2... Happy

Gauda Cheese, see you hopefully in a couple of weeks for The Ark Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Tyce wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Steven's lack of belief is nice.... these days, the companions except it a little too easily.

Yes agree. These day they get in the TARDIS and get told it travels through space and time and they response by saying in a very matter of fact way "Oh good, lets go."

In defence of RTD, that particular change in the format was due to John Nathan-Turner and Eric Saward; the last classic companion who had scenes where she has to deal with the Tardis as a fantasy concept was Tegan in Logopolis. Shortcutting the wonderment was an 80s change that has never been put back.

That's true enough, actually. There's a lot of 80s companions who showed no wonderment at all.

Just an additional thought on this topic; the lack of those longer sequences where new companions are shocked by the Tardis and take time to get used to it seems more to do with time limitations than disinterest. The extended dvd cut of The Eleventh Hour, that links into the opening of The Beast Below, allows Karen Gillan more opportunity for Amy to be amazed by the Ship than would be allowed on tv broadcast.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 28 June 2015 11:44:56

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

And that's the end of season 2... Happy

A nice touch is the faces of Steven, Vicki and the Doctor against the star field at the end.

And we've since the last of Maureen O'Brien's fantastic Vicki, after incoming producer John Wiles didn't extend her contract almost as soon as taking over the job - no idea why, because she's wonderful.

I might have to watch part three of Galaxy Four, simply to get a little bit more Vicki.

Gauda Cheese
Nearly time
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
Morning GC and Tyce.

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Morning GC and Tyce.

Good evening. I am hung over, have made myself a nice big cup of coffee and starting now

Tyce
Off and running.

trevor travis
Part 3 has a tradition of being the weakest part of a 4-parter. Not true here at all, watched this last week with SD, and this episode is an absolute delight.

Tyce
Gauda Cheese wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Morning GC and Tyce.

Good evening. I am hung over, have made myself a nice big cup of coffee and starting now

Must have been a good night!!

Tyce
How come she's up and chatting, should she be suffering post traumatic stress syndrome.

Gauda Cheese
Tyce wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Morning GC and Tyce.

Must have been a good night!!

Twas a good time indeed.

Tyce
I think that knowledge would have gotten the doctor burnt at the stake.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.69 seconds
9,896,198 unique visits since 8th January 2014