Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
New Poll - Fave Fed Character in Season 1
Travisina
... apart from Servalan and Travis, of course.

See our latest poll and vote now!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

President Solvite
I quite liked Rontane... But I think my most memorable character is Cmdr Leylan of the Civil Administration Ship London.

He seemed to be a quite able professional in quite a difficult situation. I wonder due to his reasonable nature that this is the reason he was assigned an old tub like the London. By speaking his mind once too often and missed out on the more prestigious commands. He had a sense of loyalty to both his crew and to some respect the prisoners. Yet he also saw to advanced Federation prospects by attempting a salvage operation on the 'Liberator'

Most of his contemporaries seemed a lot younger ruthless and ambitious perhaps Leylan was a remnant of when the Federation was a bit more reasonable in its treatment of political opponents and dissent.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
sweevo
To me, it's a tie between Leylan and Artix (and Blake's lawyer, Tel Varon, if we can consider him a Federation character).

meegat39
I've voted for Raiker. Not because I like him, but because he was such a good baddie, if you know what I mean.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

President Solvite
Leslie Schofield played Raiker well, and had some great dialogue and was a great counterweight to the more steady shipmates Artix and Leylan

JustBrad
Leylan.

He offers a glimpse into the life and mind of the every day Federation official. He's neither villainous nor heroic. He's not trying to oppress anyone, nor is he interested in politics, he's just trying to do his job. A fascinating take on a minor bureaucrat in a fascist regime.

trevor travis
Leylan... as other have said, he's not a hero, but not a villian either. He's just a man doing his job to his best of his ability.

He's not whiter than white. He likes very docile prisononers, and is quite happy to turn a blind eye to Raiker's advances on Jenna.

But there's a certain amount of respect each way between both him and his crew, and him and his prisoners.

dragonq
I voted for Rontane, who of course, comes back in series 2; I think Peter Miles is excellent, even if he's really just doing another take on Nyder from Genesis of the Daleks. Was very pleased when the character popped up again in one of the BF audios.

JustBrad
Rontane would be a close second to Leylan for me. While Leylan is largely ignorant (or ignores) the machinations of the elite, Rontane is very much aware of where the real power lies, and how the game is played.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Tel and Maja Varon

Tel Varon was very much a Federation character! But he was also an ally of Blake within his professional role rather than by leaving it and, so far as it's possible to tell, a reasonable and decent person. Let's not forget as regards his place in this particular poll that he was a state appointed defence lawyer and not a freelancer; the fact that he was chosen for such a sensitive case suggests too that he had a good and current track record in his work within the Federation legal system. It's not relevant to the poll, but imo his surprise at what he discovers is evidence of their society being corrupt behind the scenes rather than openly fascist such that citizens not connected with politics or the security services would be aware of it.

Maja is a tragic and often overlooked character who gives her life for a cause that she's only known about for a couple of hours! And it's not because she's on the run and has no choice, or because she's persuaded by a speech from Blake or any other rebellion leader. She acts with Tel because she believes it's the right thing to do, and imo that makes her one of the show's great female characters.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
I think I'm going to vote for Rontane. He seemed to be the face of the Federation to me, oily, smug and completely untrustworthy. Also, Peter Miles played him very well. His double act with Bercol (John Bryans) seemed to portray the Federation to a tee.

My alternate choice would be Leylan, as he seemed to be a decent man forced to live in a Federated world. How he tried to handle Blake and the uprising, and how he tried to reign in Raiker, showed he was more of his own man than a lackey just following orders for his Federation masters.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Anniew
Alta Morag because it's a fantastic name and such a memorable Rosa Krebbish characterisation.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Mistletoe12
Leylan gets my vote! He gave us a glimpse of what it meant to behave in a decent manner within the Federation.

As others have said, he wasn’t without flaws, but it was smart to introduce a character who perhaps represented original Federation ideals … particularly in relation to the truly corrupt nature of the Federation which unfurls like a slimy slug as the series progresses.

Which brings me to Rontane!

Rontane, for me, is a close second in this poll: How can you not love a character that truly has the measure of Servalan.

Just as a side note: I always thought Artix; sweet, kind, normal and oh, very career driven, could easily allow corruption and ambition to drive him forward in a way which would change his nature – lead him to make choices he wouldn’t have contemplated in his youth.

rojkerr1
Ensor, liked his crabbiness, which one of you's the butcher? His sadness at his sons death

rojkerr1
well he was a fed before he ran for it!

clanger68
Leylan.

I think there was more to him than met the eye.

Rontane would have been my second choice.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Anniew
duuhhh just realised no Alta Morag. Sorry

President Solvite
Anniew wrote:

duuhhh just realised no Alta Morag. Sorry

That's okay it is covered with 'other' Smile

Anniew
Anniew wrote:

duuhhh just realised no Alta Morag!
That's okay it is covered with 'other' Smile

So it is. That's good. Thank you. I so want to imagine Alta Morag as an Umbridge type villain pursuing our heroes in a fifth season. She's been appointed Supreme Commander with a Travis type hench man and when not pursuing Avon she knits. Inevitably her needles are poisoned. I think she is probably pushed around in a wheelchair like Mother in the Avengers.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Anniew wrote:

...when not pursuing Avon she knits...

Hahaha LOL Grin Grin

You just made my morning Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.54 seconds
9,150,825 unique visits since 8th January 2014