Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Doctor Who
Spaceship Dispatcher
Interesting and imo a successful directorial choice to use familiar weapons rather than 'space lasers'; it makes it more real, and works with a story that deals with such immediate and genuine dangers and tragedy for the characters.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
The Doctor is completely helpless in this story.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

City Of Death is my all-time No 1, with this, Talons, Genesis, Human Nature and Blink sparring for second place.

All good choices.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Sharaz Jek.... a fantastic character.

Spaceship Dispatcher
There's a certain amount of Blake to be seen in the episode one cliffhanger!

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

City Of Death is my all-time No 1, with this, Talons, Genesis, Human Nature and Blink sparring for second place.

All good choices.

And Love & Monsters and Horns further down my top ten...

BradPaula
I was so taken with Roy Holder at Dimension's 2012, that while he was milling around while photos were being taken I went up to him and told him he was my favorite of the whole con. He smiled and said I was his favorite! Made my day!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

All good choices.

And Love & Monsters and Horns further down my top ten...

Horns of Nimon and Love & Monsters are both in my top 250 Dr Who stories of all time!

trevor travis
Now get out of that... remember this cliffhanger very well from 1984...

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

I was so taken with Roy Holder at Dimension's 2012, that while he was milling around while photos were being taken I went up to him and told him he was my favorite of the whole con. He smiled and said I was his favorite! Made my day!

Lol! The old charmer! Grin

(Him, not you! )

Spaceship Dispatcher
Sharaz Jek was such a memorable character!

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

I told Wendy Padbury that Zoe was my favourite DW companion at Dimensions 2013.

BradPaula

With that black and white mask he reminds me of the Phantom of the Opera.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
On first viewing, one of the many things that really impressed me was the colour coded army uniforms.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

With that black and white mask he reminds me of the Phantom of the Opera.

Erik, the OG Happy

trevor travis
Morgus is a male Servalan... power mad and scheming.

trevor travis
With Jek, Holmes is reusing the idea of Greel... with a hideously deformed man under a mask, and both times we see just a glimpse of what's underneath.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Maurice Roeves and Roy Holder in the knife fight scene were brilliant! There's also no way that it would go out before 9pm these days... Grin

trevor travis
The first creep to show an interest in poor Peri.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

With Jek, Holmes is reusing the idea of Greel... with a hideously deformed man under a mask, and both times we see just a glimpse of what's underneath.

Robert Holmes, like Terry Nation, remains a case for the defence against arguments that writing needs new ideas all the time. Good ideas are always good, no matter how many times you use them! Just put old ideas together in different ways, and then the new cast put their own spin on things and you get another great story and then another and another...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,896,350 unique visits since 8th January 2014