Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 1
littlesue

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator flight deck
exterminator
Thank you! Are you coming along on Sunday?
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

Joe Dredd

*INFORMATION. SPACE VIRUS HAS BEEN ELIMINATED FROM ALL SYSTEMS. AUTO REPAIR CONTINUES TO RESTORE DSV2 TO FULL FUNCTION. PROGRESS IS CONTINUING AS ENERGY BANKS ALLOW.*

exterminator
Ha ha, that's great!

"There it is!"

Travisina
Exterminator, that is astonishing work! Looking forward to seeing it on Sunday Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

exterminator
Thanks! I've been loading up a van with this and other "stuff". Should be a good day!

"There it is!"

Anniew
Wow that's amazing !!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Joe Dredd
exterminator wrote:

Ha ha, that's great!

We'll have to change your name to Otto Repair!

Seriously though that is incredibly impressive. I'm already thinking of everyone getting to look (interact?) with it at RTGP3 with FUMES OF JEALOUSY!

Have fun everyone!

trevor travis
However good it looks in the photos, Exterminator's work in the flesh is just mind-blowing. Fantastic to see what he'd done so far yesterday.

purplecleric
This was just awesome to see in person, exterminator. You are a legend!

trevor travis
purplecleric wrote:

This was just awesome to see in person, exterminator. You are a legend!

Good choice of words PC.

One thing I guess most of us thought we'd never see was the Liberator Flight Deck!
Edited by trevor travis on 07 October 2015 06:56:54

exterminator
Ooh, well ... thank you very much!

I've spent Monday and Tuesday putting all the bits back in storage and doing a big clear-up in the workshop, that's after a month of chucking things around and not tidying up, in an effort to get the base built and moulded before the show.

Well, now I can just relax and take it easy, and ... oh, no I can't - got to start thinking about Cygnus Alpha 2 in April. Better get on with it, then!!

"There it is!"

meegat39
It is an excellent model Phil, totally awesome, keep up the good work! Grin The Libby chair is amazing too!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Spaceresearcher
WOW. That's terrific Exterminator. You wouldn't have any blueprints laying around by chance would you? I've just a single sheet that doesn't feature the dimensions for the chair or control console.

Any plans for the vacuum tube control arms. (You too can be a Jenna and pilot your own starship. Smile ).

exterminator
It doesn't seem possible that it was just over six months since RTGP3, and I'd taken the mock-up version of the pilot's station to Steventon:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/DSC01504.jpg

A lot of you have been seeing my updates on Facebook, but I know there are a few of you who rely just on this site, so for their benefit, here's a bit of a catch-up from the last six months - mostly pictures, but you've probably heard enough of me by now!! Let's get on with it.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_6570.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_6824.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_6872.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_6936.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_6976.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_6990.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7015.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7068.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7105.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7129.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7134.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7142.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7153.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7163.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7174.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7176.jpg

Well, that's all the building documented. A lot of it was the usual sort of thing I get up to - making fibreglass moulds and taking casts from them - but I learned something new from this, welding! I'd never done it before, so it's been quite an education.

As usual with these things, it got finished just in time! I was up until 11:30PM the night before Cygnus Alpha 2, then I was up again at 5:00AM the next morning, to load the van and drive to the venue, just outside London. What with about a month of very intense work, late nights and early starts before the convention, it's been a pleasure to take things a bit easy this last week, and actually find out what a good night's sleep is like! Still, the effort has been worth it.

I'll put up another post a bit later on, showing the finished article.
Edited by exterminator on 17 April 2016 19:43:14

"There it is!"

JustBrad
Exterminator, there aren't enough good words for me to express my admiration and thanks for your work, and for bringing it to CA2

exterminator
Brad, do you know what made it all worthwhile? The fans' faces when they saw it and sat in it and had their photos taken in it. Where else could you get a feeling like that?

So, here it is, the finished article.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7177.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7178.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7179.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7182.jpg

Roger Murray-Leach, the designer of the original Liberator flight deck. What an honour.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7186.jpg

The organisers and staff pose for a group shot with the guest stars.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7190.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7191.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7192.jpg

A couple of side views, you can see the instrument panels. This is the original configuration of the pilot's "station", as seen in "Cygnus Alpha".

Instrument panels made for me by the super-talented Jim Costello.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_7193.jpg

The low shot from the front, how the flight deck stations tend to appear in the original series.

There! It got a good reception AND it didn't fall apart. I was pleased about BOTH!! It's packed away in storage, awaiting its next outing.

I'd better find something else to do now ...

"There it is!"

markab2
I couldn't make CA2 and missed this. It looks fantastic!

Travisina
It's beyond brilliant, it's breathtaking!
I was thrilled to get to be Jenna for the Horizon group photo - and my hand actually fit perfectly on the handprint panel Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
One of the best moments of my life, standing on that flight deck- so overwhelmed I forgot to do maximum power! Ah well there's always return to Gauda Prime 4! And as for the next project. How about Zen? We could get Alistair to voice it and be photoed with it at Cygnus Alpha 3 ( hint, hint Ian!) .
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/B7%20cast%20at%20CA2_zpsdbciz6m2.jpeg

I think you can see by our faces that we loved not only taking our photo with the cast but also the magnificient Liberator Flight deck console. Terrific job, Exterminator!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.70 seconds
9,851,706 unique visits since 8th January 2014