Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator flight deck
exterminator
Well, I've been a little bit quiet of late, and as it's a bank holiday here in the UK, I thought I'd liven things up a bit and show you the progress I've made on my latest B7 project ...

The Liberator flight deck set. The Liberator was destroyed at the end of the third season of B7 as that was supposed to be the final one. As far as I am aware (and I've asked many people about this), NONE of the flight deck set was saved (with the exception of the panel that was used on the teleport controls, in the possession of Mat Irvine), and somewhere on the outskirts of London it's 35-year-old landfill, under about 20 feet of rubbish. What a shame. While I'm here, does ANYONE know of any part of the Liberator set has survived?

If there is no "reel" (to use Mat Irvine's phrase) Liberator flight deck "out there", the next best thing will be a replica ... not of the whole thing, that would be silly. I'm building the pilot's "station", a seat (it's actually more of a "perch" than a proper seat) with the steering "arms" attached, four instrument pods and the stand/platform to which they are all connected.

I was lucky enough to get to measure Mat's panel, so those are the only real dimensions I've got. I started this in mid February with a quarter-scale model of an instrument pod ... three months on, I've got the four fibreglass pods I will need, and I'm just about to finish plug for the back of the seat.

As Roj Blake said, "Right, let's get on with it ... ".

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/Flight%20deck.jpg i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5529.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5530.jpg i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5596.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5640.jpg i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5693.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5710.jpg i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5752.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5758.jpg i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5762.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5767.jpg i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5770.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5785.jpg i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5791.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5810.jpg i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5815.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5825.jpg i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5838.jpg
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

Anniew
Wow. It's just...wow!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
I've been following your progress on Facebook, as you know, Exterminator, but seeing the sequence of photos and the obvious work you have put into this, I'm amazed and wanted to say good job! If only I had the expert ability you possess, I could start building my own flight deck too! Or maybe just one mercenary.....
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Lurena
Stunning Exterminator!
I'm happy to see you at work again!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Joe Dredd
exterminator wrote:
As far as I am aware (and I've asked many people about this), NONE of the flight deck set was saved (with the exception of the panel that was used on the teleport controls, in the possession of Mat Irvine)

That is fantastic work Exterminator! Excuse my pedantry, though - the teleport controls can't be an exception as they were part of the teleport bay set, not the flight deck!

RB
Joe Dredd wrote:

exterminator wrote:
As far as I am aware (and I've asked many people about this), NONE of the flight deck set was saved (with the exception of the panel that was used on the teleport controls, in the possession of Mat Irvine)

That is fantastic work Exterminator! Excuse my pedantry, though - the teleport controls can't be an exception as they were part of the teleport bay set, not the flight deck!

Originally they were on the flight deck as the teleport early on was a panel of push buttons, then somehow when the auto repair kicked in they seem to move to the teleport bay.

exterminator
Thanks for your kind words, everyone! I'll post more updates soon.

Joe, nothing wrong with a bit of pedantry! I'm sure I've seen the teleport controls (or an identical panel) on the flight deck. The most important thing (for me) though is that the panel that Mat's got is the same dimensions as the flight deck pod panels ... phew, a stroke of luck!

"There it is!"

purplecleric
I was uber-excited to see some of this at BritSciFi !

I love all the piccies of how you modelling guys make this stuff so I shall be following with interest. I can't wait to see more - and the finished item, of course!

Joe Dredd
RB wrote:
Originally they were on the flight deck as the teleport early on was a panel of push buttons, then somehow when the auto repair kicked in they seem to move to the teleport bay.

I always wondered how Avon could modify the systems without the auto repair changing them back to how they were.

trevor travis
Oh wow, Exterminator!!

Mistletoe12
I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am, Exterminator! Absolutely amazing! Cool

littlesue
Perhaps we could have a word with Mr Irvine at Smallspace to see if we can have a B7 theme next time, 'cos that Flight Deck will look fantastic and it deserves a larger audience.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
Thanks for sharing your pics, Exterminator - that looks truly amazing!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JoC
Brilliant pictures . Looks amazing. I love the fact that I can now see just how much of a perch the flight deck station seats were. There really wasn't much to sit on was there? No wonder they kept ending up on the floor at the first sign of turbulence.

BradPaula
Joe Dredd wrote:

exterminator wrote:

Supposedly the teleport controls were used on the flight deck in the first few episodes.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

exterminator
A bit more of an update for you - today I finished making the fibreglass moulds for the back of the chair. I'll be taking them off the "plug" I made tomorrow.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5868.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5869.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5870.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5875.jpg

"There it is!"

exterminator
More progress - I've now got a clean set of moulds for the back of the chair. I had to remove a lot of the plug to get everything separated - three weeks' work of building, gluing, refining and smoothing all gone in a couple of hours. Ah well, that's the way it goes, and like I said, I WAS expecting it.

The most important thing is that I've now got a nice mould for the chair back. The edges around the front are super-sharp, just what I want. It's a bit exciting, looking at the mould, I can now "see" the chair for the first time.

I can move on to the next stage now, just as soon as I've cleared up the mess and ordered some plastazote foam!

More soon!!

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5876.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5878.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5879.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5881.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/captainparsnip/IMG_5883.jpg

"There it is!"

Anniew
So exciting! Hope we'll be able to see it in the real one day!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Mistletoe12
I thoroughly echo AnnieW's words, Exterminator! Every stage of this project looks amazing! Grin

exterminator
Thank you, both! I'm aiming to have it finished for the Return To Gauda Prime 3 event in October.

"There it is!"

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,786,015 unique visits since 8th January 2014