Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Doctor Who
Spaceship Dispatcher
The Story: Doctor Who - Survival
The Date: Wednesday the 20th of May, 2015
The Time: 7.30pm UK time

All are welcome to join Paula, Panna, trevor travis and myself for this three part story from the show's twenty-sixth season. Starring Sylvester McCoy, Anthony Ainley and Sophie Aldred, this serial has taken on new levels of interest in the years since first broadcast by influencing the original novels of the 1990s and later the first new series since this story some sixteen years on. Not only that, but we have the first Doctor Who role for popular Big Finish actress and director Lisa Bowerman.

There will be no break between rewatching episodes this week, with the story being only three episodes long.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

BradPaula
The last time I watched Survival was September of 1992. Looking forward to this episode.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

rojkerr1
Love Survival, Anthony Ainley brilliant in it! Some great lines and performances...get your running shoes on gentlemen....

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just bumping this thread for later today!

On the subject of Anthony Ainley, I have just ordered a copy of the actor's biography.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Catching up today, hopefully able to join in with this, this evening!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Catching up today, hopefully able to join in with this, this evening!!

Hopefully see you later Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
The participants in the dvd commentary on this release are Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred and Andrew Cartmel; looking forward to hearing what they have to say about the story, and as usual will share some of their thoughts on the thread...

Panna
That's great SD since I'm stuck watching it online.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Spaceship Dispatcher
Good evening! Just loading the dvd, ready for 7.30pm Happy

BradPaula
Hello everyone. Just made it. Have Survival all cued up in the VCR.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Started! Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
The 'cat' was nicknamed Sooty Grin

BradPaula
Started. It was a bit of a trial finding it on the tape, as Spearhead from Space was taped after Survival for some reason. Also, after that is the episode of "Thompson" with Emma Thompson and Josette Simon getting up to no good while having dessert. Must watch that again.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

The 'cat' was nicknamed Sooty Grin

Wasn't there a puppet named that? Looking at the neighborhood. and wondering if we'll spot Rose....

trevor travis
A couple of minutes late, but here. Love this story.

Spaceship Dispatcher
This was totally different in classic era Who, going to a domestic setting and showing glimpses of ordinary people living ordinary lives; despite the fact that the pilot episode was based on precisely that premise! It's a reason this story never worked for me before 2005 but, now that domestic settings form part of my vision of the show, my feelings are completely different and really positive.

trevor travis
Sophie is looking a bit too old to play 16-year-old Ace by this point...

trevor travis
Oooh, it's the Master!!!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
The animatronic cat appeared in more scenes than intended because the hired real cats didn't want to play! Never work with children or animals, but especially cats... Grin

BradPaula
Love the 'Cats' advert the Doctor sees!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
9,103,296 unique visits since 8th January 2014