Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Watch titles or skip them?
Yeah skip em' they're a drag and it saves time Yeah skip em' they're a drag and it saves time 0%[0 Votes]
Skip the titles? No way! They create the B7 atmosphere! Skip the titles? No way! They create the B7 atmosphere! 82%[9 Votes]
Only skip one of the sets of titles on Season 4 Only skip one of the sets of titles on Season 4 9%[1 Vote]
Only skip series two titles Only skip series two titles 0%[0 Votes]
Other (please specify) Other (please specify) 9%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 11
 Print Thread
Should we start our rewatches at the beginning of the titles or skip them?
meegat39
I think it would be a good idea to try to come to a consensus on this, so vote in the poll? That way we should all be at the same point in the episode, so long as we start at the same time. For my part, I love the titles, but for series four I would vote to just watch one set of titles. Vote now! Make your feelings known!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Travisina
I skip the shiny CGI DVD titles that are tacked on to the beginning (not just Season 4, all of them) but start with the *actual* ep titles, to get me in the mood.

However, if people like watching these, I don't mind joining in...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
My dvds don't have any extra titles, so I don't really know what this refers to! But I always start with the original series titles and read all the credits at the end, even on Dr Who rewatches where each episode has its own credits. However, I have never come across extra titles.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 16 May 2015 11:14:13
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Hugbot
It depends on what you refer to with 'titles'.

I start the DVD before before the rewatch begins until I reach the menu where you can choose the episode. At 7.45 p.m. UK time, I start the episode including the opening credits.

In a nutshell:

- DVD titles (the CGI sequences): Skip them.
- Episode titles: Let them roll. (As far as I know, there are some people among us who hum oder sing along with the opening titles, don't they?)

JustBrad
I start at the show's opening credits, skipping the DVD intro to the main menu.

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:
In a nutshell:

- Episode titles: Let them roll. (As far as I know, there are some people among us who hum oder sing along with the opening titles, don't they?)

That's what I meant!
Thanks for explaining better than I did, Hugbot Smile

BradPaula
Our rewatches work fine as they are. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

meegat39
BradPaula wrote:

Our rewatches work fine as they are. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm not saying they don't work fine. It's just that some people fast forward the titles and start commenting two minutes before those that have watched them and the comments are then out of context. Obviously if people are starting late then they will probably be in the wrong place. It sounds like most people are in favour of watching them anyway. I'm not trying to tell people what to do - they will do as they wish whatever is said here - I just thought it would be nice to see what the majority do and gain a consensus from the vote.

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

Hugbot wrote:
In a nutshell:

That's what I meant!
Thanks for explaining better than I did, Hugbot Smile

Yes, thanks Hugbot!

BradPaula
@Meegat: No harm, no foul as they say. Whatever the majority wants I'm fine with. But it just makes sense to me that we start at the beginning of the episode and that entails watching the starting montage. The CGI start to most of the discs, although nice, can be skipped. It's always better if we are relatively close to each other in timing during a rewatch. Good on you to survey the membership that does the rewatches! Grin
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

President Solvite
Not that I'm a recent rewatcher participant? So make of my opinion as you will! Pfft

I like to do things properly it gets me in the mood..
Ie I would watch the DVD intro footage 'in my own time' and commence an episode at a beginning of the credits. Of course that is my own preference.

But whatever is decided it is desirable to have everyone on board and have a clear policy on whatever is decided.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Spaceship Dispatcher
President Solvite wrote:

Ie I would watch the DVD intro footage 'in my own time' and commence an episode at a beginning of the credits.

Yes, I'm not even sure how it's possible to do otherwise. The menu graphics play when you put the disk in, and then you have to enter the episode selection sub-menu to play the episode; at which point there are no more animated menus to see. Is the suggestion that some don't even put the disk into the player until time in order for the menu introduction to play at the time the rewatch starts? With several bad experiences with temperamental dvd software needing restarts etc, that's not a risk I would take!
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 18 May 2015 07:56:30
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

sweevo
I just rip the episodes onto my hard drive and watch them that way... which itself is a risk, as my hard drive (portable) also contains my irreplaceable 80+ GB collection of Japanese anime. To answer the original question, though, I skip the DVD/CGI sequences and go straight to the main episode titles. Smile

President Solvite
Get yourself some cloud storage.. For fairly small fees you get Terrabytes of storage..

Skydrive, Dropbox or whatever..

Your hard drive can then be your local copy Smile

Alternatively mirror your drive to another, drives can fail after a certain number of hours.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
meegat39
Well I think we all agree to skip the CGI sequence and start at the beginning of the titles. Of course, we can all do as we please, but it is nice to have an understanding. @Paula, no offence taken! Grin

Joe Dredd
I haven't made it to many of the rewatches, but unless I was starting late I'd always want to hear the theme music!

clareblues1
I'm in the same camp as you Joe D, I like listening to the theme music too.

For me the main niggle related to the re-watches is not where someone starts watching, but the forum posting time lag problems. It's largely put me off from joining in.
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Travisina
clareblues1 wrote:
For me the main niggle related to the re-watches is not where someone starts watching, but the forum posting time lag problems. It's largely put me off from joining in.

Touch wood, touch wood, touch wood, the latest fix done by the Server Hosts seems to have worked this time. Join us tomorrow for 'Mission to Destiny'?

Time check - 17.20

clareblues1
Travisina wrote:

clareblues1 wrote:

Touch wood, touch wood, touch wood, the latest fix done by the Server Hosts seems to have worked this time. Join us tomorrow for 'Mission to Destiny'?

Time check - 17.20

Alas I'm away from home and logging in remotely, so no access to a good enough net connection. But let's hope the fix works.
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

Lurena
I like to hear the theme music, it builds an expectation for me and sets a certain kind of atmosphere.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
9,881,201 unique visits since 8th January 2014