Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 1
Joe Dredd

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Doctor Who
Spaceship Dispatcher
This is very much a pastiche of Nigel Kneale and Dennis Wheatley, along with the films and shows based on their work. So brilliant, the way the tone is lowered for a family audience without losing any of the flavour.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Here's us, Spaceship Dispatcher, Paula and Trevor Travis having some refreshment at the Blue Boar, or the Devil's Hoof in Doctor Who.

It is Hoof, isn't it?

The pub was called the Cloven Hoof wasn't it? In the show, that is! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

The pub was called the Cloven Hoof wasn't it? In the show, that is! Grin

My brain seized up a bit just now. Yes, the Cloven Hoof. I think I have a photo taken of the pub sign which is on the wall of the pub still. Let me check.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Panna

This is very much a pastiche of Nigel Kneale and Dennis Wheatley, along with the films and shows based on their work. So brilliant, the way the tone is lowered for a family audience without losing any of the flavour.

Not familiar with those guys, what films did they make?
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

BradPaula
The black and white copy of mine works quite well given the tone of this episode. Also- this village is so tiny, it actually looks bigger on screen to me.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Roger Delgado, the Master.

BradPaula
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/IMG_4340_zpsfvaimr04.jpg

Here's a photo of me standing beside the photo of the Cloven Hoof from The Daemons.

BradPaula

Yes, I have to agree. Anthony Ainley was good, very good but Roger was the best. I don't have much use for the John Simm master or the new female one- Missy to tell you the truth.

Panna
What a catchy tune.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

BradPaula
"So mote it be". You hear that quite a bit in horror films.

BradPaula
Hey, we're on Cygnus Alpha again.

Panna
BradPaula wrote:

Yes, I have to agree. Anthony Ainley was good, very good but Roger was the best. I don't have much use for the John Simm master or the new female one- Missy to tell you the truth.

or the Deadly Assasin Master or Keeper of Traken Master.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

Nigel Kneale created Quatermass for the BBC, and wrote the screenplays for The Abominable Snowmen and The Witches for Hammer films. Dennis Wheatley wrote supernatural horror, but most notably The Devil Rides Out which was turned into a Hammer film 3 years before this story and with a lot of similarities.

Panna
Episode 2 started.

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Geoffrey Beevers was the Master in Keeper of Traken. Lovely man. Met him a while back at a con. Was married to Caroline John (Liz Shaw). Met her, too.

Panna

Panna wrote:

Nigel Kneale created Quatermass for the BBC, and wrote the screenplays for The Abominable Snowmen and The Witches for Hammer films. Dennis Wheatley wrote supernatural horror, but most notably The Devil Rides Out which was turned into a Hammer film 3 years before this story and with a lot of similarities.

Sounds right up my alley.
I think classic Who had a lot of Hammer like stories.

BradPaula
This episode also smacks of Quatermass and the Pit, when the 'devil' is unleashed. Love that film. It has Gareth Thomas at the beginning.

Panna
BradPaula wrote:

Panna wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Geoffrey Beevers was the Master in Keeper of Traken. Lovely man. Met him a while back at a con. Was married to Caroline John (Liz Shaw). Met her, too.

Nothing against the actor, I just don't like the Skeletor style master.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 13 May 2015 19:01:33

Spaceship Dispatcher
Grrrr... don't even mention Missy. Oops

Anthony Ainley was good, and Geoffrey Beevers has turned out to have a real grasp of the character in the audios of both the BBC and Big Finish. John Simm is a good actor, and I have seen him on stage too, but I don't buy either of the most recent Masters; even less so than Eric Roberts...

Spaceship Dispatcher
I didn't realise on first viewing, along with many other viewers again, that the pub interior was also a studio!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.66 seconds
9,920,998 unique visits since 8th January 2014