Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Doctor Who
Spaceship Dispatcher
The Story: Doctor Who - The Dæmons
The Date: Wednesday the 13th of May, 2015
The Time: 7.30pm UK time 

All are welcome to join Paula, Panna and myself for this classic homage to the great British horror films of the 1960s from the eighth season of Doctor Who. Perhaps remembered most as one of the best stories for the UNIT family and a good stage for Roger Delgado as the original incarnation of the Master, this is a story of both depth and style. It has its share of plot points that don't make sense, but it rolls along so well that they're less obvious here than in some other serials.

Episodes 1-3 will start us off at 7.30pm UK time, with episodes 4 & 5 to follow at 9pm. For anyone watching the dvd release and listening to the commentary, it was recorded by Katy Manning, Richard Franklin, Damaris Hayman and Christopher Barry.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

rojkerr1
Thers a sequel to this in the pipeline I believe? Damaris hayman reprising her role as the white witch of Aldbourne>

Spaceship Dispatcher
The first sequel was called Dæmos Rising, starring Miles Richardson; I have the dvd but haven't watched it yet. The new, second sequel is a memoir of Miss Hawthorne featuring Damaris Hayman in a solo role but has been delayed at the moment with no release date.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

rojkerr1
thank you SD, Daemos rising was a bit turgid, hope new one better, in fact the first ever fan made Dr who sequel was co-written by my ex!

Panna
Hello, I was lucky to find it on Hulu.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Spaceship Dispatcher
Good evening all! I'm just loading the dvd now; another signed one too, by John Levene this time...

Panna
That's cool, SD.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

BradPaula
Hello, and ready to watch this classic episode with you!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Panna
Started.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Started! Happy

Panna
It's nice to see it in color, my VHS copy was black and white.

BradPaula
My VHS tape is in black and white.

Panna
I like her, I wish she'd been a regular.

Spaceship Dispatcher
This was one of my first Doctor Who stories, the first and for a long time only video tape of the show, and remains to this day one of my all time favourites! I used to watch this over and over again, sometimes every day for a week or more. Suffice to say that I have always rated this serial with endless rewatch value!

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

My VHS tape is in black and white.

It was newly colourised when I watched it on television, hence why it was repeated and released on tape at that point in time in the first place.

BradPaula
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/1380422_10153357551365611_973052938_n_zpsp8chukro.jpg

Our location visit to Aldbourne. LtoR: Spaceship Dispatcher, Clanger2, Angry Angel, Trevor Travis, Brad, Paula, President Solvite, Clanger and the two Decima's of AA's and PS's.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Viewers at the time, including myself seeing the story as a 9 year old in the early 90s, didn't realise that the crypt wasn't part of the location so well was it created in studio!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Aha, our location visit! Thanks Paula Happy

Panna
I envy you being able to get across the pond so much.

BradPaula
i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/IMG_1528_zpsznj02wbo.jpg

Here's us, Spaceship Dispatcher, Paula and Trevor Travis having some refreshment at the Blue Boar, or the Devil's Hoof in Doctor Who.

It is Hoof, isn't it?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.54 seconds
9,106,659 unique visits since 8th January 2014