Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 1
littlesue

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Doctor Who
Panna
My nephew got a laugh out of Happiness Patrol, he's been spoiled with Pertwee and Baker and was just flabberghasted when he saw the Candyman.
20 01
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

If Sarah was a move forward as a companion, then Leela is a giant leap. Trust Hinchcliffe and Holmes to come up with something so bold.

The fact they were leaving probably made the risk easier. I don't think we would seen such a bold move with a regular character in season 12...

Not that it turned out as a risk, because Louise worked out okay.

I thought Hinchcliffe only really knew he was going during Talons, hence his spending money with reckless abandon on that tale.

Decision wise maybe, but I can't imagine Philip and Bob made such a decision without thinking about it and discussing it.

But Philip Hinchcliffe didn't make the decision... he was removed!!!

I would think "Face" and "Robots" would have already been well in production when the BBC decided that the "The Deadly Assassin" had overstepped the mark.

If you listen to the commentaries, Hinchcliffe is often talking about what he and Holmes had planned for Leela next... basically "Talons" would start her education, which would continue through the next season. He said he wouldn't have had her in her animals skins again.

I get the distinct impression he would have done another season, before the BBC's decision to swap him and Graham Williams over on DW and Target.

trevor travis
Panna wrote:

My nephew got a laugh out of Happiness Patrol, he's been spoiled with Pertwee and Baker and was just flabberghasted when he saw the Candyman.
20 01

Aaahhhhh, horrible memories of being deeply shamed by the Kandyman at the age of 15 Shock Shock

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

The story itself, and the political allusions therein, was very good; as can be seen in the novelisation. And the cast was also very strong. It just went a bit wrong on set, and even more so in the post production.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis

Panna wrote:

The story itself, and the political allusions therein, was very good; as can be seen in the novelisation. And the cast was also very strong. It just went a bit wrong on set, and even more so in the post production.

A "bit wrong"? A lot wrong!!! Grin

A decent script ruined by a totally inept production team. "Paradise Towers" also suffered in this way (which is a shame, it's the best story in Season 24).

Edited by trevor travis on 06 May 2015 19:07:56

Panna
What scene are we on, I lost the connection.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Spaceship Dispatcher
On commentary, they’re talking about how a modern companion would not be as violent as Leela.

That's what Madame Kovarian thought!! Lol Angry
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

trevor travis
Panna wrote:

13 minute into episode 2.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

14 mins exactly into episode 2

The 'trial' of the Doctor

Spaceship Dispatcher
Trial by Horda

Oops

trevor travis
I love the way that one episode the Doctor is admonishing Leela for killing someone, then a episode later, he puts a Horda on someone's back because they've been nasty to him.

Panna
Is he facing the Horda now?

trevor travis
Louise Jameson could have been an "Avengers" girl...

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I love the way that one episode the Doctor is admonishing Leela for killing someone, then a episode later, he puts a Horda on someone's back because they've been nasty to him.

The Doctor's hero status is even more dubious than Blake's quite often!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

Is he facing the Horda now?

He's escaped the Horda, now taking machinery apart.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Personality wise, her character in The Omega Factor had Cathy similarities.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Nope, the long shot of the cliff face was an effects fail! Oops

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Personality wise, her character in The Omega Factor had Cathy similarities.

I can imagine Louise being nearly as good as Honor and Diana, and probably just a shade better than Linda or Joanna.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The cave set however is pretty good.

trevor travis
See you both at 2030!!!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,797,081 unique visits since 8th January 2014