Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Doctor Who
Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna, do you have any Pertwee 4-parters on dvd?
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Spaceship Dispatcher
Or the 5-parter The Dæmons?
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 06 May 2015 21:34:42
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Panna
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Yes, I have the Silurians, Inferno, the rest of them are at my nephews.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Panna
I have the Deamons on tape somewhere, although it doesn't do me any good until I get another VCR. I could probabably find it online or on Hulu or something.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

Yes, I have the Silurians, Inferno, the rest of them are at my nephews.

Ah... both of those are 7-parters! Maybe too long for one rewatch.

Panna
Whatever you chose, I could probably go off of memory if I can't actually watch it, I'd still like to hang around if that's alright.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

I have the Deamons on tape somewhere, although it doesn't do me any good until I get another VCR. I could probabably find it online or on Hulu or something.

Okay, can you let me know if you find it online? It's one of my favourite stories and one that I really want to rewatch at some point, but TT really doesn't like it! However, if we're missing TT next week then maybe it's a good opportunity...

Panna
I found it on Daily Motion. Cool!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Excellent! The Dæmons next week it is then! Grin

Panna
Yay! See ya then, have a good night.

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

I never got the impression that Louise was trying to hard, I bought into her character the first time I saw her. But that could be bias left over from childhood.

You know, it may have been because of the role and because she was young, but upon meeting her a few times, I can honestly say she is the best and most talented actress I've ever seen. She's also wonderful to the fans. She staged a play for us at TARDIS con- Love Letters- with Colin Baker. They didn't get paid extra, started it at 9pm and it went late- and all in decent American accents. We loved it and that isn't the only time Louise has done that. She had to leave early one con and came out and did a whole bit about being the stern teacher trying to whip her students (us) into shape. You can't ask for more than that from an actor. Bless her.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Panna wrote:

But Adric saved the Earth. Oh you guys are cruel, you've been hanging around with Avon too much. Smile

The Cybermen destroyed the controls... so Adric achieved nothing. His death was pointless Grin Grin

I was under the impression that he caused the ship to timewarp back into the past. Anyway, I never got the Adric hate. Is Turlough hated too? After all, he was trying to kill the Doctor at one point.

There are quite a lot of fans who loathe Turlough, but Mark Strickson, again, is great at cons and is very nice to the fans. He did a bit where he got people up from the audience and they had to act out weird scenes ala Doctor Who. Wonderful man.

BradPaula

Sounds good to me. We can reminisce visiting the village a few years ago.

Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Sounds good to me. We can reminisce visiting the village a few years ago.

Indeed! We have dined at the pub on the village green of Devil's End, you and I and the gang.

trevor travis

Panna wrote:

Okay, can you let me know if you find it online? It's one of my favourite stories and one that I really want to rewatch at some point, but TT really doesn't like it! However, if we're missing TT next week then maybe it's a good opportunity...

Actually, the Daemons is an 8/10 from me. Part 1, in particular, is truly excellent.

All I've said about it, is that certain scenes are a little too cosy. The Doctor and Brigadier should be battling against each other, not buddying up.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Well, when we're disputing the merits of the Pertwee era it's nearly always this one that you pick to illustrate your objections to the Letts/Dicks model Grin I thought it was a good choice of one you wouldn't mind missing. We couldn't go with The Happiness Patrol since Panna doesn't like that one any more than you Grin

trevor travis

Well, when we're disputing the merits of the Pertwee era it's nearly always this one that you pick to illustrate your objections to the Letts/Dicks model Grin I thought it was a good choice of one you wouldn't mind missing. We couldn't go with The Happiness Patrol since Panna doesn't like that one any more than you Grin

SD, I don't mind missing it, I just thought I'd point out I actually quite like most of the story, it's just the cosy elements I dislike.

The Silurians / Inferno are illustrations of how the Doctor and Brigadier should get along... as somewhat uneasy allies.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Discussion continued on the Doctor Who thread... Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.77 seconds
9,176,264 unique visits since 8th January 2014