Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Doctor Who
Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

All these corridors look the same Wink

As much as it's a standing joke, identical corridors are actually one of the most realistic aspects of design. Ask anyone who works in a large corporate building! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

trevor travis
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Philip Hinchcliffe asking on commentary is wondering why CB didn't carry on as a Dr Who writer and has been told by Toby Hadoke about Blake's 7...

Yep, B7 stole all DW's best talent.... Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Philip Hinchcliffe reckons that children can't relate to Doctor Who unless there's something scary like a Dalek! Erm, no! I was about 9 when I really got heavily into the show and it certainly wasn't for Daleks.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Philip Hinchcliffe asking on commentary is wondering why CB didn't carry on as a Dr Who writer and has been told by Toby Hadoke about Blake's 7...

Douglas Adams never wrote for Blake's 7 and he was arguably the best writer!

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

Ah finally an admission that Season 17 contains much of the best-written DW material Grin Grin

Panna

Philip Hinchcliffe reckons that children can't relate to Doctor Who unless there's something scary like a Dalek! Erm, no! I was about 9 when I really got heavily into the show and it certainly wasn't for Daleks.

Ditto! I never liked the impression that adults thought we were stupid just because we were children.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Ah finally an admission that Season 17 contains much of the best-written DW material Grin Grin

The Pirate Planet and City of Death have been two of my favourites for years.

He was a great writer, but he's one of my least favourite script editors.

trevor travis

But 9 is quite old... you would understand more by then.

4,5,6 year-olds do remember the cliffhangers and the monsters.

trevor travis
I preferred when Xoanon was Kara Wink

trevor travis
This story really should have kept its working title, "The Day That God Went Mad".

Panna
trevor travis wrote:

I would think they'd go after older kids as the demographic is larger.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

trevor travis
Panna wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Yes, probably.

But there were those of us who watched DW virtually from the pram Wink

I would think they'd go after older kids as the demographic is larger.

trevor travis
I love the way Leela throws herself into the Doctor's life.. Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

You remember we were talking about vague childhood memories of adventures we watched but weren't old enough to actually recall in any detail, but did recognise scenes when watching them for the first time as adults? The one I knew best when I had no memory of having seen it, but recognised scenes from when I was about 5 years old, was Dragonfire and it was the drama moments that felt most familiar.

Spaceship Dispatcher
That was another great evening, thanks for sharing Doctor Who tonight Happy

Panna
Fun rewatch, that's a great old story. What's on the agenda for next week?

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

You remember we were talking about vague childhood memories of adventures we watched but weren't old enough to actually recall in any detail, but did recognise scenes when watching them for the first time as adults? The one I knew best when I had no memory of having seen it, but recognised scenes from when I was about 5 years old, was Dragonfire and it was the drama moments that felt most familiar.

Given how useless the Dragon monster is I'm not surprised Wink Grin Grin

trevor travis
Cheers - see you another time (I won't be around next week).

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm off to watch the making of documentary now! Goodnight Happy

Spaceship Dispatcher
Panna wrote:

Fun rewatch, that's a great old story. What's on the agenda for next week?

Not sure; I'm here and Paula's back but TT is away... Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
9,876,352 unique visits since 8th January 2014