Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 17

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Space:1999
Spaceship Dispatcher
BradPaula wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Peter Cushing was such a legend.

And not only because he co-starred with Tom Chadbon in 'The Beast Must Die'.

Tom who?
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Panna
I've taught my nephews who Cushing, Vincent Price and Christopher Lee is. They don't make actors like that anymore.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

Spaceship Dispatcher
The Eagle transporters are one of the most popular models in Anderson fandom, rivals to the Thunderbirds machines in fact!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Panna
I love how this could dovetail into a Sarcophagus/Space 1999 crossover fic.
"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"

BradPaula
Panna wrote:

I've taught my nephews who Cushing, Vincent Price and Christopher Lee is. They don't make actors like that anymore.

Bless you! Brad and I are huge fans of all the Hammer films they have been in- we watch all of those plus all the 50's and 60's sci fi and horror/monster movies. Pretty much everything in the genre.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Notice how the Eagles are modular like real space craft, but unlike most fantasy tv or movie spaceships.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The viewer is left wondering "is this the real Victor?"

Spaceship Dispatcher
Some really good psychology concepts at work here, similar to an episode of The Prisoner in a way.

BradPaula

The viewer is left wondering "is this the real Victor?"

Sounds like he's been taken over.

Spaceship Dispatcher
I'm not a number, I'm a free man!

Sorry, wrong show again Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Some excellent horror concepts and images woven in here.

BradPaula

Some excellent horror concepts and images woven in here.

Yes! You know, I was watching a Laurel and Hardy film- about them being students at I believe Oxford- and one of their fellow students was Peter Cushing. It was pre WWII. Amazing.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Joanna Dunham was very good in The Day After Tomorrow.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Weaving philosophy and quasi-religious ideas into the scripts was another major strength of the show, often adding a further layer of depth beneath the basic narrative.

Panna
BradPaula wrote:

Panna wrote:

Bless you! Brad and I are huge fans of all the Hammer films they have been in- we watch all of those plus all the 50's and 60's sci fi and horror/monster movies. Pretty much everything in the genre.

I grew up watching films that were made before I was born and I've tried to pass that appreciation on. My younger nephew especially must be the reincarnation of a rubber monster movie fan.
He also loves the Daleks, was never afraid of them, even as a baby. He'd clap and say yay!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Most of the cast of S1999 were good at playing the stronger emotions.

Panna
Gosh, they really are like that Sarcophagus alien!
(I think I'm a few scenes behind).

Spaceship Dispatcher
Wow, that electronic organ music really works for me!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Zienia Merton was a much underused actress, in this show and elsewhere.

BradPaula
Yes! Quite like Sarcophagus. I want to live... I want you to stay...

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,881,152 unique visits since 8th January 2014